417. Heavenly Pillar Mountain
225 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Vermilion Bird noble house, when Shangguan Feiyu heard the news of Feng Ling and Lin Fei becoming Dao companions, his face changed instantly.

"Crack."

He crushed the cup in his hand.

The Shangguan family belongs to the Vermilion Bird lineage, possessing the bloodline of the Vermilion Bird, a creature of myths, rumored to be on par with the Phoenix. Even if slightly inferior, the difference isn't much.

To date, Shangguan Feiyu has cultivated eight of his bloodlines and is not far from the ninth. He initially intended to be Dao companions with Feng Ling. Their mutual fiery bloodlines would mean any offspring they have would be incredibly powerful.

Moreover, he had a gut feeling, rooted in his Vermilion Bird bloodline, that being with Feng Ling would bring immense benefits. The specifics were unclear. However, when he had conveyed his feelings, Feng Ling rejected him, possibly deeming him unworthy.

"This Lin Fei, the Ancient Origin Saber King, what's his background?" Shangguan Feiyu coldly inquired.

One of his subordinates promptly reported Lin Fei's history, detailing his joining the Ancient Origin Sect, which was merely a Martial Sovereign level faction. As the information flowed, Shangguan Feiyu's eyes showed a glint of acknowledgment.

"He might have managed to kill the Peacock King, but how can his various gathered bloodlines compare to the noble Vermilion Bird bloodline of our Shangguan family?" he mused, "Being Dao companions with Feng Ling would only dilute the Phoenix bloodline."

He coldly added, "In three months, I'll personally visit the Phoenix household and see what this Lin Fei is truly like."

Despite his reservations about challenging Lin Fei directly, his interest and curiosity weren't something he could easily suppress. Moreover, he was not the only one coveting the Phoenix bloodline. The challenges Lin Fei would face in three months would not be minor.

...

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the disturbances in the outside world, Lin Fei had arrived at the Heavenly Pillar Mountain Range. Upon entering, he felt a distinct aura. The thick Earth Pulse Qi surrounded him.

Before cultivating the Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline, Lin Fei had no knowledge of Earth Pulse Qi. But now, he could clearly sense its intense richness. The towering ancient divine mountains exuded a profound and ancient aura.

With a soft whoosh, Lin Fei descended directly to the ground. As his feet touched the earth, a rich surge of earth-pulse energy flowed ceaselessly into him.

"True Martial King Form!" He exclaimed.

In an instant, Lin Fei invoked the True Martial King Form. This power was only unlocked after activating the Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline. With the True Martial King Form engaged, Lin Fei closed his eyes, sensing the pulse of the land and the divine mountains that towered around him.

These divine mountains, soaring skyward, presented a magnificent sight. Yet, through Lin Fei's senses, their underground structures seemed entirely different, as if they were seamlessly fused with the earth itself. One particular mountain caught Lin Fei's attention.

At surface level, it didn't appear especially tall and seemed to have crumbled. But beneath the ground, it was a different story. The sprawling mountain range stretched deep, encompassing an area spanning hundreds of miles.

Lin Fei struggled to fathom the nature of such a divine mountain. Its vast expanse underground hinted that if it extended to the surface, it would undoubtedly be a primordial divine mountain that could shake the heavens and earth.

"Heavenly Pillar Divine Mountain..." An epiphany flashed in Lin Fei's mind.

Such a terrifyingly vast mountain, yet fractured and collapsed, with only a fragment remaining visible above ground, could only mean one thing - the Heavenly Pillar Divine Mountain was rumored to be the ancient mountain that once supported the entire world. This Heavenly Pillar Divine Mountain, while now crumbled, still had the earth-pulse energy converging within it.

As Lin Fei absorbed the earth-pulse energy, suddenly, an image of his Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline's cultivation progress emerged before him. From a previous progression of 48%, in just a brief moment, it astonishingly reached 49%—an increase of 1%. The closer Lin Fei got to the Heavenly Pillar Divine Mountain and the more of its earth-pulse energy he absorbed, the faster his cultivation progress increased.

However, Lin Fei was still some distance away from the Heavenly Pillar Divine Mountain. Thus, he disengaged the True Martial King Form and flew towards it. Guided by the sensations of the earth-pulse energy, Lin Fei gradually caught sight of the Heavenly Pillar Divine Mountain.

Yet, in its current state, it could hardly be deemed a "divine mountain". He could vaguely see a small hill, and atop this hill were numerous figures—some were Qi cultivators, while others were martial artists. There were Golden Cores, Martial Sovereigns, and even Martial Kings and Nascent Souls. Without hesitation, Lin Fei descended directly towards them.

"Fellow daoist , why are there so many people here?" Lin Fei casually asked a Martial Sovereign nearby.

Without concealing his aura, Lin Fei's presence as a Martial King was clear. Recognizing this, the Martial Sovereign answered respectfully, "Honorable senior, the Nascent Soul Great Being, Lord Tai Su, intends to refine the ancient divine mountain, Heavenly Pillar Mountain, which once supported heaven and earth, into a staggering magic treasure."

"However, only a small part of Heavenly Pillar Mountain is visible above the ground now," the Sovereign continued. "Lord Tai Su wishes to extract the entirety of Heavenly Pillar Mountain from underground. He has specifically invited eight other Nascent Soul Great Beings to form a grand formation, and together, they are attempting to move Heavenly Pillar Mountain."

Hearing this, Lin Fei's eyes narrowed. As he gazed into the distance, he could see the nine Nascent Soul cultivators. Their bodies emanated a powerful surge of Qi, forming a grand matrix. Waves of this spiritual energy flowed toward the underground.

"They wish to move Heavenly Pillar Mountain?" Lin Fei muttered, sensing the upheaval of the earth-pulse energy.

A loud rumbling echoed, and the very ground trembled intensely.

"It has begun! The nine Nascent Soul Great Beings are making their move," someone exclaimed. "Usually, a single Nascent Soul Great Being can move a mountain with ease, let alone nine working together. However, Heavenly Pillar Mountain isn't just any mountain. It stretches for hundreds of miles underground and is an ancient divine mountain. Moving it is no small feat."

"Indeed, even with the combined power of nine Nascent Soul Great Beings, it's an incredible challenge," another added.

"The audacity of Lord Tai Su to attempt to refine Heavenly Pillar Mountain into a magic treasure was truly extraordinary. If successfully transformed, such a treasure would undoubtedly shake the heavens and earth."

"But for countless years, no one had managed to move Heavenly Pillar Mountain. Despite the tremendous force exhibited by the nine Nascent Soul Great Beings, the mountain remained unyielding."

Lin Fei could clearly sense that although the earth-pulse energy was in chaos, Heavenly Pillar Mountain remained steadfast. The combined might of the nine Nascent Soul Great Beings could not budge the ancient divine Heavenly Pillar Mountain.

"It seems no one can disturb Heavenly Pillar Mountain," someone commented. "No Martial King or Nascent Soul Great Being can move it. Perhaps only those at the level of Deity Transformation or Martial Gods stand a chance."

Seeing the failure of the nine Nascent Soul Great Beings, many shook their heads, displaying a mix of disappointment and resignation. If Heavenly Pillar Mountain could be so easily moved, would it have remained untouched until now?

"It's over. We cannot move Heavenly Pillar Mountain. My thanks to all. Please, return to your abodes," said a dejected Tai Su.

Suddenly, an unfamiliar voice echoed in the void, "Lord Tai Su, perhaps I can give it a try. However, in return, you must agree to one condition of mine."

14