418. Heavenly Pillar Mountain
342 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a swift motion, Lin Fei stepped out. He emerged into the void, standing before the nine mighty Nascent Soul cultivators.

Most notably, upon seeing Lin Fei, Taoist Lord Tai Su's brows furrowed as he inquired, "Who might you be, fellow daoist? Do you truly dare to boast so grandly? Be aware that even with the combined might of us nine Nascent Soul Great Beings, we couldn't budge the mountainous body of Heavenly Pillar Mountain. Though you might be a Martial King with divine power that overshadows the world, do not think you can shift Heavenly Pillar Mountain!"

With a single glance, Taoist Lord Tai Su deduced that Lin Fei was indeed a Martial King, one he did not recognize. A task that the nine mighty Nascent Soul Great Beings couldn't achieve, could a lone Martial King accomplish it? Especially after they had just witnessed the immensity of Heavenly Pillar Mountain; neither Nascent Souls nor a Martial King could seem to affect it.

"Whether I can move Heavenly Pillar Mountain is my concern," Lin Fei stated calmly. "But if I do succeed, what will you do, Taoist Lord Tai Su?" His tone was placid, devoid of a fleeting moment's arrogance.

Taoist Lord Tai Su gazed deeply at Lin Fei before solemnly inquiring, "What are your conditions?"

"I am aware that you, Taoist Lord Tai Su, wish to utilize Heavenly Pillar Mountain to craft a heaven-shaking magic treasure. Thus, once I extract Heavenly Pillar Mountain, I will require half of it. I hope you can refine my half into a magic treasure that is activated by one's bloodline."

Such was Lin Fei's request. A bloodline-activated magic treasure, indicating it was meant for a martial artist's use. These kinds of treasures demanded rare materials, especially those that could withstand a Martial King's potent bloodline.

Heavenly Pillar Mountain was undoubtedly resilient enough. Yet, its crafting was not a task any could undertake; only a master smith could. And Taoist Lord Tai Su was renowned across the ancient continent as such a master. Lin Fei had heard tales of his expertise.

"A bloodline magic treasure..." Taoist Lord Tai Su pondered. Even though it meant relinquishing half of Heavenly Pillar Mountain, what remained was still immensely valuable. Heavenly Pillar Mountain was vast, and even a half would result in an earth-shattering treasure. Crafting a bloodline magic treasure was challenging, but for Taoist Lord Tai Su, it was a matter of time and effort.

"Very well, I agree," Taoist Lord Tai Su finally replied, "However, you must first move Heavenly Pillar Mountain."

His piercing gaze fixed upon Lin Fei, eager to witness how Lin Fei intended to move the mountain. Not just Taoist Lord Tai Su, but many Nascent Souls and Martial Kings present were curious.

There were other Martial Kings present, but none had ever claimed they could move Heavenly Pillar Mountain. Nine mighty Nascent Soul Great Beings had tried in unison but failed. Could this Martial King before them succeed?

"Alright, then I shall move Heavenly Pillar Mountain!" Lin Fei declared, taking a deep breath before proceeding without hesitation.

"Boom!"

The Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline erupted in an instant, giving rise to the True Martial King Form. It radiated an immense, barbaric, ancient aura as if representing an ancient divine mountain itself.

Lin Fei transformed into a giant that spanned tens of thousands of meters. His feet grounded firmly on the earth. Instantly, he felt an overwhelming sense of familiarity, as if he had merged with the land itself. It felt as if this land was his home, with no distinction between them.

Subsequently, the dense Qi of the earth's pulse swiftly surged toward Lin Fei.

"Consume!"

Without hesitation, Lin Fei activated his True Martial King Form, instinctively drawing in vast amounts of the earth pulse Qi. In no time, this dense Qi was consumed by Lin Fei. This Qi belonged to the earth pulse of Heavenly Pillar Mountain, an incredibly dense and ancient Qi. Lin Fei's True Martial King Form absorbed it, or to be precise, it was absorbed by his Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline.

Immediately, Lin Fei's Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline began to rapidly enhance.

50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%...

In an extremely short span of time, Lin Fei's Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline broke through, achieving mastery. With the bloodline's breakthrough, Lin Fei's True Martial King Form became even more potent. The speed at which he absorbed the earth pulse Qi accelerated, and its rate of enhancement showed no signs of decreasing.

As the earth pulse Qi flowed, Lin Fei sensed the entirety of Heavenly Pillar Mountain. Almost instinctively, with a mere thought, he bellowed, "Rise!"

"Rumble..."

The ground quaked violently. For the first time, the body of Heavenly Pillar Mountain started to shake.

"It's moving! Heavenly Pillar Mountain is really moving!"

"Incredible! How immense must his divine power be?"

"The body of Heavenly Pillar Mountain extends hundreds of miles beneath the ground. How powerful must one be to actually move it?"

For a moment, many were in disbelief, some even in sheer astonishment. After all, this was the body of Heavenly Pillar Mountain, a challenge that had stumped countless individuals before. Even the combined strength of the nine Nascent Souls failed to budge it. Yet Lin Fei, with just a single attempt, managed to shake Heavenly Pillar Mountain.

For a moment, the other eight Nascent Soul Great Beings, invited by Taoist Lord Tai Su, wore somewhat unsightly expressions. Was this implying that their combined might as Nascent Soul Great Beings couldn't compare to the power of the Martial King before them?

However, Taoist Lord Tai Su was ecstatic.

"It really moved!"

To him, as long as he could obtain Heavenly Pillar Mountain to craft a magic treasure, his goals would be achieved. As for how it was done, he didn't care.

As time passed, the earth trembled violently. Suddenly, the ground cracked, and the heavens and earth seemed to turn upside down. Many flew into the void to witness the scene below. But after the earth's fierce shaking, the tremors began to subside.

A sinking feeling formed in Lin Fei's heart.

"Heavenly Pillar Mountain's structure is too vast," he murmured. "With my current Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline, I can only cover several tens of li. To move Heavenly Pillar Mountain, which spans hundreds of li, is still a challenge. However, if the Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline can reach perfection, I'll surely be able to move it."

Thus, Lin Fei paused and continued absorbing the Qi of the earth's pulse. Mastery, transcendence... Every moment, under the infusion of the dense Qi, Lin Fei's Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline advanced rapidly.

Yet, others noticed Lin Fei had stopped. It appeared as though he had failed.

"Why has he stopped?"

"Did he fail?"

"It's likely he failed. After all, that's Heavenly Pillar Mountain. How could it be moved easily?"

"He boasted so much at the beginning, thinking he had some earth-shattering technique. Turns out he failed too."

Taoist Lord Tai Su's expression turned sour. Just moments ago, he was so excited, thinking Lin Fei could really move Heavenly Pillar Mountain. But now? All was silent.

"Fellow daoist, you..." Taoist Lord Tai Su began.

With a swift motion, Lin Fei opened his eyes, a glint flashing within them. "Taoist Lord Tai Su, please wait. I am currently cultivating a bloodline. Within three days, when the bloodline reaches perfection, Heavenly Pillar Mountain will surely be moved!" Having said this, he closed his eyes again, calmly absorbing the Qi of the earth's pulse.

"He's cultivating his bloodline?"

"And he promises perfection in three days?"

"This..."

Taoist Lord Tai Su was speechless. Should he call Lin Fei arrogant or overconfident? Achieving perfection in a bloodline usually took decades or even centuries. Yet Lin Fei boldly claimed he would achieve it in three days.

Many Nascent Soul Great Beings and Martial Kings shook their heads in disbelief. However, none of them left. If Lin Fei said three days, they'd wait three days.

After all, to the Nascent Souls and Martial Kings, three days was but a fleeting moment. It would pass in the blink of an eye. They didn't mind waiting, even if it meant witnessing the blunder of a Martial King. Watching such a spectacle would be worth the three-day wait!

16