428. A Name that Intimidates Numerous Great Beings
323 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Feng family's residence grew increasingly lively. Many Nascent Soul cultivators and Martial Kings had arrived. Even individuals who had little to no association with the Feng family showed up, such as Taoist Lord Tai Su.

When Taoist Lord Tai Su arrived, many were taken aback. Though his strength wasn't considered the best, and he wasn't even a top-tier Nascent Soul, Taoist Lord Tai Su's identity was truly extraordinary. He was a renowned master of artifact crafting. Given his extensive network of connections, no one dared to offend him.

Angering Taoist Lord Tai Su could draw the ire of countless powerful individuals. Perhaps a powerful Martial King or a Nascent Soul cultivator owed him a favor. That would spell trouble. As a result, Taoist Lord Tai Su's standing was unique, even surpassing most top-tier Nascent Soul cultivators.

Though the Feng family was a long-standing clan of Martial Kings, they had no notable interaction with Taoist Lord Tai Su. As he arrived, Taoist Lord Tai Su subtly smiled and announced, "Master of the Tai Su Treasure Pavilion, Taoist Lord Tai Su, presents three bloodline magic treasures as a token of celebration!"

His statement stunned both the Feng family and their guests.

"What? Three bloodline magic treasures?"

"Taoist Lord Tai Su truly lives up to his reputation as a master crafter, such a grand gesture!"

"When did the Feng family start associating with Taoist Lord Tai Su? And to offer three bloodline magic treasures right off the bat is simply astonishing!"

"Yes, three bloodline magic treasures are indeed a rarity. If these treasures are all of Nascent Soul caliber, then…"

"The depth of the Feng family is truly unfathomable. They managed to get such respect from Taoist Lord Tai Su without making any noise."

Many whispered amongst themselves for a time, believing that the Feng family's background was profound. Had Feng Ling not formed a Dao companionship with Lin Fei, they would've never guessed the close ties between the Feng family and Taoist Lord Tai Su.

However, the Feng family's higher-ups were puzzled. They couldn't recall any past interactions with Taoist Lord Tai Su.

"Accept the gifts," Feng Ling spoke up. "Taoist Lord Tai Su must be a friend of Lin Fei."

Her words brought clarity to the situation. Taoist Lord Tai Su nodded in acknowledgment, "Indeed, Brother Lin is an honorary elder of my Tai Su Treasure Pavilion and has greatly aided me. Has Brother Lin not arrived yet?"

Looking around, he couldn't spot Lin Fei.

"Lin Fei might take some time," Feng Ling responded, inviting Taoist Lord Tai Su to take a seat. Being a top-tier Martial King herself, her reception was a mark of great respect.

The realization struck the attendees. It was Lin Fei! The Ancient Origin Saber King, Lin Fei, was actually an honorary elder of the Tai Su Treasure Pavilion. Even Taoist Lord Tai Su came personally to congratulate them and brought with him three bloodline magic treasures. This was a gesture of the highest regard, reflecting Taoist Lord Tai Su's respect for Lin Fei.

As the event proceeded, more individuals, Nascent Soul cultivators, and Martial Kings associated with Lin Fei or the Ancient Origin Sect continued to arrive.

"The Vermilion Bird Clan, Shangguan Feiyu has arrived!"

At that moment, another voice echoed. The entire Feng Clan became silent. The representatives of the Vermilion Bird Clan had arrived!

Moreover, it was Shangguan Feiyu himself. Once, Shangguan Feiyu wished to become Dao companions with Feng Ling. This was a well-known fact.

Yet, Feng Ling looked down on Shangguan Feiyu from the Vermilion Bird Clan. Unexpectedly, at such a moment, Shangguan Feiyu had personally come.

What was the meaning of this? To embarrass Lin Fei and Feng Ling?

"Hehe, this is going to be entertaining."

"What's Shangguan Feiyu doing here?"

"The Vermilion Bird Clan isn't only represented by Shangguan Feiyu, a Martial King."

"If Shangguan Feiyu didn't wish to come, sending someone else would've sufficed. Why did he come in person?"

Yet, Shangguan Feiyu's demeanor wasn't arrogant. It was calm. Yes, very calm. He presented a gift. Looking at the Feng Ling, he sighed deeply, "Lin Fei has slain three immortals, almost annihilating the Three Immortals Sect. Feng Ling, your choice was right. I am nowhere close to the Ancient Origin Saber King. After returning, I will go into seclusion. If I do not become a Martial God, I will no longer roam outside."

Having said this, Shangguan Feiyu turned around and left.

Just like that!

For a moment, many were looking at each other in confusion.

"He left?"

"Shangguan Feiyu just... left?"

"He traveled such a great distance just to leave like that?"

"Did Shangguan Feiyu say that if he doesn't become a Martial God, he won't journey outside?"

"Ancient Origin Saber King Lin Fei hasn't even shown up yet, and Shangguan Feiyu got scared off?"

"Ancient Origin Saber King has slain three immortals, almost wiping out the Three Immortals Sect. No wonder Shangguan Feiyu admits his inferiority, even fleeing before meeting Lin Fei."

"Three Immortals Sect... That's a top-tier Nascent Soul lineage. The three immortals were top-tier Nascent Soul Great Beings..."

With the departure of Shangguan Feiyu, many were deeply shocked. He also revealed staggering news. The three immortals had been slain by Lin Fei! This news hadn't spread widely yet. Only some well-informed powers knew.

As a result, even those who hadn't planned to visit the Feng Clan came. They came mainly because they heard of Lin Fei's act of killing the three immortals.

The impact was just too great. If even the three immortals could be slain, who in the Nascent Soul or Martial King realm could stand against Lin Fei?

Despite Lin Fei not having appeared yet, his fame had already subdued many powers. Many came to congratulate the Feng Clan. Even Shangguan Feiyu was deeply affected, leaving in disgrace.

Watching Shangguan Feiyu and the Vermilion Bird Clan leave, Taoist Lord Tai Su was also filled with emotion. The incident with the three immortals was all too clear to him. He hadn't expected Lin Fei's reputation to grow so quickly. Now, with just his name alone, countless were in awe or even submission.

In the past, even standout Nascent Soul or Martial King Great Beings never instilled fear like Lin Fei. Those top Nascent Soul cultivators or Martial Kings, no matter how powerful, found it challenging to slay their peers, but not Lin Fei.

Starting from his annihilation of the Vast Void Immortal Sect, he had killed many Nascent Soul cultivators, even top-tier ones. Like Distant Cloud Taoist Lord, Peacock King, and the Three Immortals. Each one of them was a top-tier powerhouse in the Nascent Soul or Martial King realm. Yet, they all fell to Lin Fei's blade.

After the "interlude" with the Vermilion Bird Clan, the atmosphere in the Feng Clan became even more lively. Many powers wanted to seize the opportunity to get closer to the Feng Clan and Ancient Origin Sect. Everyone waited, hoping to witness the legendary Ancient Origin Saber King.

Was he really that powerful? Possessing the might to shake the ancient world and suppress all Nascent Soul and Martial King Great Beings? There were even whispers naming him the number one Martial King of ancient times!

Such a title was no ordinary honor. In the vast expanse of the Ancient Continent's history, who had ever been named the first Nascent Soul or first Martial King? None!

The Ancient Continent was vast, and its history was lengthy. While there were standout Nascent Soul Great Beings and Martial Kings, none had commanded such respect as Lin Fei.

"Ancient Origin Saber King, Lin Fei, accompanied by various Martial Sovereigns of the Ancient Origin Sect, has arrived!"

Then, a voice echoed from the void.

"Whoosh."

Everyone eagerly looked up to the sky. The Ancient Origin Saber King Lin Fei had finally arrived!

18