434. Heavenly Artifact’s Nascent Soul Self-Detonates
307 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"World Power..."

This was Lin Fei's first time harnessing the World Power. So, with grandeur, he unleashed it recklessly. The World Power quickly covered the Saber World and completely fused with it.

"Boom."

The next moment, an immense pressure emanated from within the Saber World. The entire Saber World seemed to undergo drastic changes. This boundless pressure instantly acted upon Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master's nine Nascent Soul Magic Avatars from all directions. It seemed like it wanted to either suppress his Nascent Soul Magic Avatars completely or crush them into dust. But was that possible?

"Such audacity with your Saber World!" Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master exclaimed, "Do you truly believe your Saber World can suppress my Nascent Soul Magic Avatars? That's a delusion. Break!"

With a roar, Heavenly Artifact's nine Nascent Soul Magic Avatars erupted with earth-shattering power, trying to rip apart Lin Fei's Saber World. If this were in the past, Lin Fei's Saber World would've easily been torn asunder. But now, Lin Fei's Saber World, complemented by the World Power, had evolved into something akin to the real world, or at least exhibited characteristics of one.

"Boom, boom, boom."

Even as the void trembled incessantly, there was no sign of Saber World's collapse. Instead, the pressure from the entire Saber World grew, becoming so immense that even the nine Nascent Soul Magic Avatars had to bear its weight.

"How can it not break?" Heavenly Artifact exclaimed in disbelief, "I, a near-Deity Transformation, crafted these unbeatable Nascent Soul Magic Avatars after countless efforts. How can they not even break a mere Saber World?"

Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master couldn't believe his eyes, while Lin Fei remained emotionless. After the World Power fused with his Saber World, Lin Fei discovered something miraculous. It seemed like he had genuinely become the omnipotent ruler of this world, able to control its elements: earth, fire, water, and wind.

"Fire."

Immediately, flames roared to life. However, these weren't ordinary flames. They weren't Triple Yin True Fire, Phoenix Fire, or common flames. They were flames governed by rules - the flames of the Saber World's laws. The fusion of World Power with Saber World transformed it into an entity that closely resembled the real world. As such, these rule-governed flames stood above all others, able to burn everything.

"Boom."

The unstoppable flames raged on. Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master's nine Nascent Soul Magic Avatars were now tainted by the rule-bound fire. Under these flames, they were swiftly turned to ashes.

"No..." Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master was in utter shock. He couldn't accept that his Nascent Soul Magic Avatars were reduced to ash. But this was reality. Within the world where Lin Fei's Saber World and World Power merged, Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master's Nascent Soul Magic Avatars could only be suppressed and, under his very eyes, burnt to cinders. All of his millennium-long efforts were now in vain.

The flames of the rule continued to burn fiercely, quickly engulfing his entire being. Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master, in the face of impending doom, threw his head back and laughed, "Hahaha, well done, Ancient Origin Saber King. Who would have thought that I, Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master, would fall at your hands? But remember, I'm only half a step away from Deity Transformation. With my Deity Transformation body still out there, you'll never truly kill me. One day, I'll return to flatten your Ancient Origin Sect and annihilate the Feng Clan!"

The next moment, Ancestral Master's Nascent Soul began to swell, and with a loud "BOOM", he self-destructed. The force of the explosion was immense, echoing within Lin Fei's Saber World.

Such a devastating explosion could have instantly wiped out the Feng Clan. Moreover, this explosion also obliterated the Nascent Soul cultivator that the Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master had brought along. Dead without even having the chance to act, is probably one of the most frustrating ways for a Nascent Soul Great Being to die.

But then again, even if he hadn't died in the explosion, he would have been slain by Lin Fei. So, it didn't really make much of a difference.

"World's Power, Suppress!" Lin Fei commanded, channeling the immense strength of the world. Fortunately, they were within his Saber World, augmented by the world's power. The aftermath of Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master's self-destruction was quickly suppressed, and the Feng Clan was spared from its devastation.

A whooshing sound echoed, and Feng Ling quickly flew to Lin Fei's side. "Lin Fei, are you okay?" Her eyes conveyed genuine concern, not for Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master's fate, but for Lin Fei's well-being.

After witnessing such a catastrophic explosion, she was understandably worried. If not for the Saber World and the power of the world, even the Heavenly Pillar Seal might not have been able to withstand such an explosion, potentially decimating the Feng Clan in the process. Once again, Lin Fei had saved them.

"I'm fine. That level of power can't harm me. But, the Heavenly Artifact probably isn't dead. He is on the verge of Deity Transformation and must have a Deity Transformation body out there. As long as he has that, he's virtually immortal. For someone on the verge of Deity Transformation to even have one such body is already quite impressive. I need to head to Heavenly Artifact Sect immediately," Lin Fei declared gravely. He didn't want to leave such a huge threat looming over them. After all, a lurking near-Deity Transformation posed too great a risk to be ignored.

"Feng Ling, make good use of the Heavenly Pillar Seal," Lin Fei advised. "With the Heavenly Pillar Seal protecting you, even the current Heavenly Artifact stands no chance against you. Even if other beings on the verge of Deity Transformation were to challenge you, you'd be able to hold them off for a considerable amount of time. I'll be back soon." With that, Lin Fei transformed into a streak of light, vanishing into the horizon.

...

At the Heavenly Artifact Sect, within Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master's secret chamber.

"Whoosh."

Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master's eyes shot open. This was his Deity Transformation body, and it was his only one! Given that he was merely on the verge of Deity Transformation, having even one such body was an impressive feat. As long as this body remained alive, he would endure. Yet, his face was painted with sheer astonishment.

"My Nascent Soul... it self-destructed? It must've been my main Nascent Soul!" he deduced, "Did something go wrong at the Feng Clan? I must leave at once. With the Nascent Soul gone, I need to get this Deity Transformation body out of the Heavenly Artifact Sect immediately!"

Without any hesitation, and without leaving any instructions to his disciples, Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master made his exit. In such circumstances, he feared even a moment's delay could lead to his capture and eventual end. His Deity Transformation body was too crucial to lose. If he were a true Deity Transformation being, he would have thousands of these bodies, each as real as the other, capable of replacing the main body upon its demise.

That's what made Deity Transformation beings almost indestructible. However, those on the verge, like him, typically only had one. If that was destroyed, they'd be gone forever.

Right now, Heavenly Artifact had no interest in knowing what transpired. All he wanted was to flee as far away from the Heavenly Artifact Sect as possible. As for his destination, he had prepared for contingencies like this. He possessed several hidden abodes scattered across the Ancient Continent, designed for emergencies. He hadn't anticipated actually needing them so soon.

Just an hour after the Ancestral Master's hasty exit, Lin Fei arrived at the Heavenly Artifact Sect.

"Rumble..."

Lin Fei's Saber World descended upon the place. Without uttering a single word, he swung his saber down. The magnificent heavenly saber, vast and overwhelming, split the void. It was an apocalyptic sight, landing with immense force on the gates of the Heavenly Artifact Sect.

17