435. The Fall of the Heavenly Artifact Sect
328 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Gone?" Lin Fei's brows furrowed. By now, the Heavenly Artifact Sect was nothing but ruins. The entire sect, from top to bottom, was buried within the mountain range.

With a stomp of his foot, Lin Fei activated his Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline. The ground cracked open, creating a massive chasm that swallowed the Heavenly Artifact Sect whole. Lin Fei closed the crevice, erasing the sect without a trace. It was as if it had never existed.

Yet, Lin Fei was clear. The trouble wasn't over. In fact, the main problem remained: Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master was still alive.

"Let's head back to the Feng Clan first," he muttered, "There will always be a way to deal with him." With that, he departed from what used to be the Heavenly Artifact Sect.

The destruction of the Heavenly Artifact Sect was big news that could not be concealed. Especially when everyone knew that the Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master was on the verge of Deity Transformation. The news spread like wildfire, causing an uproar everywhere.

"What?! The Heavenly Artifact Sect was annihilated by the Ancient Origin Saber King?"

"Yes, the entire sect was buried underground by the Ancient Origin Saber King's supreme techniques!"

"It's unbelievable! The Heavenly Artifact Sect was founded by the Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master himself!"

"What about Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master? He's almost reached Deity Transformation!"

"I heard he went to the Feng Clan, intent on forcibly obtaining the Heavenly Pillar Seal, but was repelled by the Ancient Origin Saber King. He was even forced to detonate his Nascent Soul."

"But Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master is on the verge of Deity Transformation and has a Deity Transformation body. Even after the self-destruction, he must still be alive, right?"

"Who knows? But if he is still alive, he'll definitely harbor a deep grudge against Lin Fei."

"The future doesn't look promising for the Ancient Origin Saber King and the Feng Ling."

The news traveled throughout the entire Ancient World. Lin Fei's reputation was already formidable. He had defeated the Vast Ethereal Immortal Sect, slain the Peacock King, and annihilated the Three Immortals.

While his victory over the nearly Deity Transformation Ancestral Master seemed unbelievable, it wasn't entirely surprising. The real concern was that Ancestral Master still had a remaining avatar.

But without achieving true Deity Transformation, it's challenging to split into more avatars. In essence, the Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master was wary of Lin Fei, fearing that his avatar's whereabouts would be discovered. He kept his distance, waiting for the perfect chance to exact revenge, ensuring he had a foolproof plan or waiting for the right moment to drag Lin Fei down with him. But until the very end, until there was no other choice, Ancestral Master wouldn't risk it all. After all, he didn't want to die. Who would, if there was even a sliver of hope?

Lin Fei returned to the Feng Clan, where Feng Ling was consoling him.

"Lin Fei, troubles don't plague us alone. Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master faces them too. He's nearing his life's twilight, dreaming of achieving Deity Transformation — an almost impossible feat. And his sole vessel for Deity Transformation is but one. If we were to discover it, his fate would be sealed. Hence, unless absolutely necessary, Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master would remain in hiding."

Lin Fei nodded, having foreseen this.

"I fear when Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master's time approaches, and hope of breaking through vanishes. When devoid of hope, the Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master will act recklessly. An unrestrained, unburdened near-Deity Transformation power lurking in the shadows, It's perilous."

Lin Fei's primary concern was the Ancient Origin Sect and the Feng family. Were it only him and Feng Ling, Lin Fei would harbor no reservations.

After a thoughtful pause, Feng Ling slowly said, "Upon becoming Martial Gods, with just a droplet of blood or a strand of hair, one can pinpoint all of an adversary's Deity Transformations."

"Be it Deity Transformation or Martial Gods, both possess this ability. At that juncture, Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master's demise would be assured."

A glint appeared in Lin Fei's eyes. Indeed, his first instinct was to request the services of a Martial God or Deity Transformation. To pinpoint Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master's location.

Perhaps the Deity Transformation wouldn't even have to intervene,
Lin Fei alone could annihilate Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master.

Yet, on reflection, it seemed too presumptuous. How could an eminent Deity Transformation or Martial God serve at the beck and call of a mere Martial King? Moreover, Lin Fei wasn't acquainted with any Martial God or Deity Transformation.

"Better to rely on oneself! Based on prior information from the Heavenly Artifact Sect, the Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master has perhaps a few decades left before his ultimate limit. Perhaps, in these decades, upon realizing that hope is fully lost, he might go berserk, attacking the Ancient Origin Sect or the Feng family at any cost.

Or perhaps, Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master might silently perish. But we cannot gamble! Within these decades, we must ascend to Martial Gods. Then, tracking down Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master will be but a swift task."

Lin Fei, of course, had gathered some items from Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master. When the time comes, he can naturally pinpoint him.

However, the precondition is that Lin Fei becomes a Martial God!
Without this status, resolving the Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master conundrum is impossible.

"I must expedite the cultivation of the eighth bloodline. Concerning Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master, Feng Ling, you must also stay vigilant, instructing the disciples to investigate his whereabouts everywhere. To pressurize Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master into hiding, buying us time."

"I understand our course of action now. I hope you too swiftly cultivate the nine bloodlines, and in time, find your path, fuse the yin and yang, and attempt to strike at Martial Gods..."

Mentioning the fusion of yin and yang, even Feng Ling's complexion shifted a tad.

Soon after, Lin Fei retreated to his private chamber. He already cultivated seven bloodlines. Aiming to cultivate the eighth and possibly the ninth.

Previously, Lin Fei intended to cultivate a defensive bloodline. However, after his duel with Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master, Lin Fei had a change of heart.

Lin Fei's power of the Four Symbols and the Five Elements, once fused, would form a novel World Power. In truth, this World Power encompassed a variety of powers, offense, defense, and more.

Previously, even Heavenly Artifact Ancestral Master, with the power of his nine peak Nascent Soul Magic Avatars, couldn't shatter Lin Fei's World Power. Did Lin Fei then need to cultivate a defensive bloodline? Certainly not!

"The Four Symbols and Five Elements essentially represent the foundational elements of the world. Within me, which bloodlines are especially unique and yet cultivable?"

Lin Fei began pondering. The bloodlines within him were diverse. But apart from the Four Symbols and the Five Elements bloodlines, the remaining ones seemed rather common.

"Hold on, I possess the genuine blood of the Phoenix. By all means, that's the Phoenix bloodline! The Phoenix bloodline is a peak divine lineage, belonging to mythical beings! I can cultivate the Phoenix bloodline! Furthermore, I possess the Azure Flood Dragon's bloodline, which stems from the Azure Dragon's bloodline. Meaning, I also have a trace of the Azure Dragon's bloodline within me. And the Azure Dragon, that's a true dragon! I can likewise cultivate the true dragon bloodline!"

A thought struck Lin Fei.

Both the Phoenix and the Dragon are creatures of myth, of immense significance, possessing an array of wondrous abilities. Furthermore, cultivating the Phoenix bloodline has its advantages. There exists a genuine Phoenix. And even the genuine blood of the Phoenix.

For Lin Fei to perfect the Phoenix bloodline would naturally be a piece of cake. As for the Azure Dragon bloodline, it wouldn't pose an issue either. He'd begin with the Azure Flood Dragon King.

"First, I'll cultivate the Phoenix bloodline, followed by the Azure Dragon bloodline!"

Lin Fei had made up his mind. Thus, this time, he didn't need to search for cultivation techniques. He channeled a trace of the Phoenix bloodline from the genuine blood of the Phoenix.

16