436. Re-entering the Secret Realm, Encountering the Phoenix!
289 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Buzz."

Within Lin Fei, a new bloodline emerged. The Phoenix bloodline!

"System."

Lin Fei promptly accessed the system for a check.

Host: Lin Fei

Martial Realm: Late-stage Martial King

Supreme Saber Dao Bloodline: Perfection

Grand Yin Wind Dao Bloodline: Perfection

Triple Yin True Fire Bloodline: Perfection

Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder Bloodline: Perfection

Annihilation Frost Bloodline: Perfection

Earth Pulse Divine Mountain Spirit Communication Bloodline: Perfection

Endless Vitality Green Wood Bloodline: Perfection

Phoenix Bloodline: Mastery (Progress 56%)

Lin Fei's Phoenix bloodline wasn't at the beginner level but at mastery. It started at mastery! In fact, it's not far from transcendence.

Lin Fei realized this was due to the trace of genuine Phoenix blood within him. Just this mere trace had propelled his Phoenix bloodline to mastery. As for transcendence, he was still slightly lacking.

"Whoosh."

Lin Fei opened his eyes. Perfecting the Phoenix bloodline seemed rather straightforward. If one trace of genuine Phoenix blood wasn't enough, he'd need two or three traces. After all, within the secret realm, there was a genuine Phoenix!

Thus, Lin Fei got up and directly approached Feng Ling.

"Feng Ling, I've chosen the Phoenix bloodline as my eighth bloodline. To perfect it, I need more of the genuine Phoenix blood. Hence, I plan to re-enter the secret realm."

"Genuine Phoenix blood?" Feng Ling nodded, "Alright, let's enter together. But be cautious. The Phoenix is continually growing stronger as it undergoes its rebirth from the flames. It's been some time since we last entered the secret realm. The Phoenix might have grown even stronger."

Lin Fei was aware. When the Phoenix undergoes its rebirth from the flames, it doesn't even need to cultivate. It just needs to patiently wait. And it will recover its peak divine strength.

Hence, Lin Fei, along with Feng Ling, arrived at the mountain's secret entrance. Feng Ling opened the entrance. Hand in hand, the two stepped back into the secret realm.

"We're back!"

Both found the surroundings familiar. From afar, they saw the massive plane tree. On the tree, a dazzling red glow was unmistakably the Phoenix!

Moreover, the genuine Phoenix blood within both of them began to faintly "pulse" as they neared the plane tree, becoming incredibly active.

"Let's go!"

Lin Fei pulled Feng Ling forward, quickly reaching the base of the plane tree.

"Whoosh."

The Phoenix opened its eyes. Terrifying flames spread out in all directions.

"You're back."

To their surprise, the Phoenix spoke human words.

"Huh?"

Lin Fei was slightly taken aback. However, upon reflection, it wasn't surprising. The Phoenix was a being at the pinnacle of divinity. Speaking was nothing special. It would be stranger if it couldn't speak!

Indeed, strictly speaking, the bloodline within Feng Ling and others of the Feng Clan is all of the phoenix bloodline. They have a close relationship with the phoenix.

Lin Fei remained silent, and Feng Ling's expression also grew solemn. She has never conversed with the true phoenix either. Even in ancient texts, they all warn future generations that only when absolutely necessary should one enter the secret realm. Only when the formation's power is weakened, that is, at the level of the Martial King, can one enter the secret realm. And Feng Ling entered the secret realm only when the true phoenix was weakened.

However, last time, the true phoenix did not speak. It seemed that because last time, the true phoenix had just undergone rebirth through the flames. Its wisdom was not particularly high.

"In my memory, there are images of you. Last time, you came as well. But at that time, I was unable to command, allowing you to succeed. Are you here again to demand my blood?"

The gaze of the true phoenix appeared very calm. It seemed that neither Lin Fei nor Feng Ling drawing its blood had provoked its anger. Instead, it remained remarkably calm as if a sage.

"You already know?" Lin Fei inquired.

"To which aspect do you refer? If you mean your last visit to the secret realm, then yes, I know. However, last time, I had not yet attained enlightenment, unable to communicate with you. This time, I have unlocked enlightenment, thus able to communicate with you. But your actions from last time are still remembered."

Lin Fei fell silent. This situation was somewhat awkward. Last time, he forcibly took the blood of the true phoenix. And now, here he was, would take blood from the phoenix. How could he speak?

"Your intention to draw blood differs from last time. If I do not consent, none of you can take my blood. Even if you defeat me, I can immediately choose Nirvana. At that time, unless you can endure waiting for a long time, for me to undergo rebirth through the flames again, grow stronger, only then can you draw blood."

Lin Fei and Feng Ling exchanged a glance. Dealing with an intelligent true phoenix was truly challenging. Not fearing the opponent's strength but their wisdom. Because with wisdom, they could choose mutually assured destruction or leave Lin Fei with nothing.

"True phoenix, what do you desire in exchange for a drop of true phoenix blood?" Lin Fei suddenly asked.

He also discerned the implied meaning in the other's words. It seemed that the other party wasn't entirely incapable of extracting true phoenix blood. It's just that they also needed something.

"A promise! I only need one promise! Young man, I can sense the boundless potential within you. Your future achievements are limitless! At the very least, becoming a god-level being, you will have no issues. I need a promise from you."

"A promise? What kind of promise?" Lin Fei inquired.

"Young man, rest assured, do not be so wary. I will not harm you, and the phoenix scorns to use deceit and lies to deceive you. Only cultivators like you would cunningly employ lies and deceit. Just like that person did back then, tricking me into this cage, permanently trapping me. I only need your promise, that in the future, if you can achieve Dao Integration as a true immortal. Then, break this small world and release me."

A jolt went through Lin Fei's heart. Dao Integration True Immortal! From within the Dubhe Dao Artifact, he already understood. Among the immortal cultivators, there were stages of Nascent Soul and Deity Transformation.

Beyond Deity Transformation lay Void Transformation. An enigma, almost unfathomable. The above Void Transformation was Dao Integration. Dao Integration - the very definition of a True Immortal!

Immortals, with vast Divine Abilities, infinite lifespans, living in eternal leisure.

Achieving the utmost freedom is the epitome of leisure. Once one reached Dao Integration, they truly became immortal, virtually omnipotent. There was nothing a Dao Integration True Immortal couldn't achieve.

Unexpectedly, for the true phoenix to be freed, Lin Fei had to attain the Dao Integration True Immortal level.

"True Phoenix, isn't this place merely a secret realm? Perhaps the realm is special, but surely it doesn't require Dao Integration to break through?" Lin Fei voiced with a tinge of hesitation.

"A secret realm?"

The true phoenix shook its head, "This is a minor world, not some secret realm. The difference between a secret realm and a minor world is vast. A mere secret realm wouldn't be able to confine me. But a minor world, especially a unique one like this, can. The Daoists say, 'A grain of sand, a world unto its own.' Imagine how many grains exist in the world, that's how many minor worlds there are."

Lin Fei exchanged a glance with Feng Ling. This was truly staggering. One grain, one world. How many minor worlds could that possibly mean?

"True Phoenix, just how long have you lived? Moreover, why are you trapped in this particular minor world? And who confined you here?" Lin Fei couldn't help but inquire.

17