437. Lin Fei’s Vow! A Drop of True Phoenix Essence Blood, Completing the Phoenix Bloodline!
288 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A shiver ran down Lin Fei's spine.

"How long have I been alive? I can't recall; it's been eons. The Phoenix clan can be reborn from the flames. As long as our true spirit remains, we are virtually immortal, enduring through the ages. The only difference lies in consciousness, but our bloodline carries memories. As for who imprisoned me, it holds little relevance. That great battle has concluded."

The Phoenix shook its head, stretching out its wings.

"Whoosh."

A golden glint burst forth. It was, astonishingly, a drop of blood.

"This is no ordinary blood; it's a drop of my essence blood. It rivals, if not surpasses, numerous regular drops of blood within me and will aid in cultivating the Phoenix bloodline. If you vow to me, this essence blood is yours."

The Phoenix's piercing gaze fixed on Lin Fei.

Essence blood! This was the Phoenix's essence blood! Who could attain such a treasure?

All Lin Fei had to do was agree to an elusive promise. After all, it was merely about freeing the Phoenix. And so, without hesitation, he thought: even if he truly reached the level of Dao Integration True Immortal, it would be nothing to release a Phoenix.

Even at its peak, the Phoenix was only comparable to the top-tier gods. Compared to Dao Integration True Immortal, the disparity was vast!

"If one day I attain the power comparable to Dao Integration True Immortal, I vow to shatter this small world and set you free."

"Very well, the essence blood is yours."

With a flick of the Phoenix's wing, that drop of essence blood instantly merged into Lin Fei.

"Boom."

Lin Fei, uncontrollably, began to activate the Phoenix bloodline within him. Instantly, Lin Fei's True Martial King Form ignited. He was invoking the Phoenix bloodline. Consequently, his True Martial King Form was engulfed in roaring flames - the Phoenix fire. The aura of Lin Fei's True Martial King Form soared.

Feng Ling experienced in such matters, quickly discerned that Lin Fei was elevating his Phoenix bloodline.

"Is that single drop of essence blood so potent?"

Feng Ling was taken aback. However, she remained wary of the Phoenix, not letting down her guard, ready to deploy the Heavenly Pillar Seal at a moment's notice. With the Heavenly Pillar Seal, even the Phoenix couldn't challenge her. She could defend Lin Fei. Yet, the Phoenix showed no intention of striking, instead watching Lin Fei with keen interest.

At that moment, Lin Fei's body seemed to be aflame. The power within that single drop of Phoenix essence blood was astonishing. Just one drop was equivalent to hundreds, even thousands, of Phoenix blood drops. The overwhelming energy, upon entering him, erupted instantaneously.

Fortunately, Lin Fei also bore the Phoenix bloodline. Hence, his Phoenix bloodline was voraciously absorbing this drop of Phoenix essence blood.

"Your Phoenix lineage has ascended to Mastery!"

"Your Phoenix lineage has soared to Transcendence!"

"Your Phoenix lineage has achieved Perfection!"

In but a fleeting moment, Lin Fei's internal Phoenix lineage astonishingly reached perfection. Perhaps, this lineage was the swiftest he ever cultivated after embarking on this path.

Just how much time had passed? Since his arrival in this minor realm and his acquisition of the Phoenix's pure blood essence, his lineage became complete. It seemed almost too effortless. But of course, it was easy for Lin Fei.

When Feng Ling, and even the other Martial Kings of the Feng Clan, first cultivated their lineage, it wasn't such a breezy endeavor. It was a painstaking journey, every bit achieved through sheer determination and innumerable sacrifices, progressing step by step to lineage perfection.

Lin Fei's attainment of this pinnacle was due to his prior arduous training, which bestowed him with formidable strength, earning the Phoenix's acknowledgment.

Otherwise, for Lin Fei to even dream of obtaining a single drop of the Phoenix's pure blood essence would have been a fool's errand.

With a "whoosh", Lin Fei opened his eyes, retracting his True Martial King Form.

"Gratitude for the blood bestowed by the true Phoenix."

“Think nothing of it. Just remember your promise."

With that, the Phoenix closed its eyes.

"I take my leave!"

Then, Lin Fei, along with Feng Ling, once more soared out of this minor realm.

In a flash, Lin Fei and Feng Ling safely returned to the rear mountain of the Feng Clan.

In a grave tone, Feng Ling intoned, "Lin Fei, examine yourself carefully once more. Do you sense any anomalies? I can't shake this feeling. It all seems rather surreal. Just like that, we have a drop of the Phoenix's pure blood essence? Is the Phoenix so amiable?"

Feng Ling hailed from the Feng Clan. From childhood, he bore the Phoenix lineage and dedicated his life to its cultivation. Having perused numerous ancient texts, though none explicitly detailed the Phoenix's temperament, a being of such celestial pinnacle, a figure of legends and myths, surely wouldn't possess a mild disposition.

Past Martial Kings entered this realm but never heard the Phoenix utter a word. Perhaps it deemed them unworthy of its attention. Yet, with Lin Fei, the Phoenix recognized his potential, thus speaking voluntarily and even granting a drop of its pure blood essence. Otherwise, the Phoenix likely wouldn't have uttered a word.

It signified the Phoenix's inherent "arrogance". For many years, as the Feng Clan guarded this sanctuary, no one ever heard the Phoenix speak. But, unexpectedly, upon Lin Fei's encounter, the Phoenix willingly addressed him.

Lin Fei responded with a slight smile, "The Phoenix stands majestic in legends, a supreme celestial being. What plots could it possibly have? It merely wishes to leave. This place, I fear, might not be the sanctuary we perceive but the minor realm as described by the Phoenix. Alas, why the Phoenix is trapped in this realm remains a mystery. The ancient world holds many secrets, and we, mere Martial Kings, aren't even entitled to these hidden truths. Unless, of course, we ascend to the stature of Martial Gods!"

Lin Fei was now brimming with confidence. He had already cultivated eight lineages. Only the final one remained.

"Lin Fei, what lineage do you intend to cultivate as your last?"

"The Azure Dragon lineage! I once subdued an Azure Flood Dragon King, obtaining his lineage. Thus, to cultivate the Azure Dragon lineage, I just need to visit the Azure Flood Dragon King. He should have a way to perfect my Azure Dragon lineage."

Lin Fei didn't conceal anything. He had long set this plan in motion. Once the Phoenix lineage was perfected, he would cultivate the Azure Dragon lineage as his ninth.

"Azure Dragon... that's the true dragon lineage. The true phoenix and true dragon lineages..."

Feng Ling fell silent. The caliber of Lin Fei's lineages was profound. Any one of them was legendary. Be it the Phoenix or the Azure Dragon lineage, neither was ordinary.

"So, you're preparing to leave?" Feng Ling inquired.

"Indeed, I plan to depart temporarily. To strive and perfect the Azure Dragon lineage as soon as possible. And then, find my own Dao to eventually challenge the ascent to Martial Gods. Of course, regardless, when I make my move towards becoming a Martial God, I'll return. After all, our union of yin and yang allows me a chance at rebirth. I wouldn't miss such an opportunity."

Lin Fei took Feng Ling's hand.

Feng Ling said no more. The union of yin and yang was a pursuit among Dao companions. And it held immense benefits. She wouldn't have to wait a decade, which was rather fortunate. Once she united with Lin Fei in yin and yang, she too could try ascending to the level of Martial Gods.

"Go. I'll wait for you at the Feng Clan."

Feng Ling didn't play the damsel. She was clear-headed. Cultivation was the essence. Both she and Lin Fei were martial practitioners. Even if they became Dao companions, it was because they shared the same aspirations: to reach the pinnacle of the martial path.

"With the Heavenly Pillar Seal, I am at ease. But one still needs to be wary of the Heavenly Artifact Ancestor. Once I become a Martial God, I'll slay him, and there will be no need for such caution."

With that, Lin Fei transformed into a streak of light, vanishing into the horizon.

17