Prologue
4.8k 8 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She's really crazy.

I swallowed, realizing that I had reached a dead end. This is the end. Even if I try to escape, nothing good will come of it. The golden eyes, like the pupils of a wild beast, seemed to see right through me.

I covered my mouth with trembling hands. Oh, shit. And how did I get into all this?!

Right now, this crazy woman has finished off a crowd of people in front of my eyes. Among them were the guards of the de Walt family and my maid, who only accompanied me. Needless to say, my own life doesn't mean anything in this situation?

So many innocent people have suffered because of my failed escape attempt. And even now, there was nothing I could do to help them. It's horrible. It's just awful. Did I really end up in a nightmare? Why the hell is this happening to me?

I wanted to cry. At that moment, footsteps sounded right behind me.

Her hands were covered in someone else's blood, and she had a manic smile on her face.

I slowly stepped back.

The woman began to approach me smoothly and inexorably, like a predator approaching its desired prey. The atmosphere was so frightening that it seemed almost barbaric.

In fact, I didn't even try to resist. It was pointless. At any moment, I was ready for my head to fly next.

«Damn, can I at least pray before meeting God?»

But suddenly she threw the bloody sword into the grass and took a step towards me. I trembled even more.

— You are the first person in my life who has given me a helping hand, — the main villain began hoarsely, — Everyone else just wants me dead. Why did you do that?

I understood that my whole life depended on this answer.

My eye twitched nervously. Is she really interested?

Damn. Yes, if I had known who you were from the very beginning, I would never have done this!

I saved the main villain by accident. It turned out to be the most fatal mistake of my life. If I could rewind time, I would leave her to die, and I wouldn't even take a step in that direction!

But I felt that if I told her these words, I would accelerate the meeting of my head with the ground twice as fast.

So…

— Actually… I'm a fan of yours! I said suddenly.

Such a «sincere» confession on my part clearly confused her. The villainess's gaze wavered.

— What are you talking about? «What is it?» she asked.

— me… I want to say that I have always admired your talent! I exclaimed fervently, «Your Highness, you are truly amazing!

As I said these words, I carefully avoided looking at the mountain of corpses nearby. The metallic smell made me feel sick. The fake smile on my lips looked more and more like a neurotic one.

I struggled with myself with the last of my strength. I was really ready to cry.

But…

Since things have turned out this way, I will have to deal with the consequences of my wrong actions. If I can survive today, I must use any means to do so. And then… I'll find a way to escape from her.

At least I managed to surprise her.

— You… Do you really think so?

Her bloodthirsty expression was gradually replaced by a puzzled one.

I answered readily, sticking out a shaking thumb:

«Your Highness, please know that I am your number one devoted fan!»

119