6 – Goblins are so fun!
862 9 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day after Sister Maria's visit, I woke up with a clear goal in mind: to join the adventurer's guild.

I had heard about them while reading some history books lined up in the library. I could hardly believe it when I found out about it. I mean, is there anything more isekai than this? I can't wait!

I wanted to say this, but there was a small problem: I was so absorbed in the idea of getting stronger that I forgot that in this world, I'm just a 6-year-old girl. But still, I decided to go to my mother's office at home and ask if I could go out and join the guild.

I quickly had breakfast and went straight to my mother's office at home.

"Mom, can I go out and join the adventurer's guild today?" I asked excitedly.

"Oh, of course, why not?" my mother replied, not quite understanding my excitement.

"Just like that?!" I accidentally dropped my act.

She accepted so easily? What kind of aristocratic family is this?!

"Of course, your brother also started at your age, and Zoe has been working so hard~ I doubt anything would happen to you, just try not to go too far yet, okay?"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I hugged my dear mother and left as quickly as I could.


I arrived at the entrance of the city where the adventurers guild was located.

I looked at the huge stone and wood building with admiration. It was much more advanced and complex than I had imagined, more like a massive tavern than the office of an organization.

It was the place where heroes and adventurers gathered to receive missions, share information, and train their skills...

Or so I thought.

According to the information I had, most of the people who joined the guild were almost like glorified mercenaries. They basically did anything dangerous that paid well, from hunting monsters, finding rare materials in ancient ruins, to killing bandits lurking on the roads or getting involved in random wars.

The Guild itself was just a broker to facilitate transactions between adventurers and buyers of their services, so they could focus only on doing what they wanted.

"It's the perfect place for what I want."

Unintentionally, a smile opened on my face as I entered.

As soon as I entered the Adventurers Guild, I was surprised by the great commotion and noise that filled the place. The crowd of people, of different races and ages, moved from side to side, talking and negotiating deals.

"So cool!" Unintentionally, I got absorbed into the atmosphere of the place. Almost everyone there seemed so strong that they could explode me if they wanted to. With the good humor that enveloped me, I ended up going to the request line like a child going to an amusement park.

While I was in line, I heard some adventurers drinking at a nearby table.

"Look, it seems we have a lost child here," said a bearded man with a deep, rough voice.

"I didn't know the Guild had turned into a playground," said a blonde-haired woman.

The other adventurers laughed and toasted.

Realizing that I was drawing attention, I let out an excited laugh.


Finally, after a few minutes, it was my turn and I stepped up to the counter.

"Hello! My name is Zoe and I would like to register with the Adventurer's Guild, please," I said with a beaming smile.

The receptionist, an elf with long silver hair, looked me up and down before responding.

"Are you sure, girl? The life of an adventurer is very dangerous, and not everyone can handle it. Besides, you seem very young for this career."

I stood my ground, not letting my smile falter. "I'm sure! I love adventures and I want to be strong like everyone here," I replied with conviction.

The elf sighed and then handed me a form. "Alright then, fill this out and return it to me with your signature," she said, handing me the form.

I eagerly took the paper and began filling in my name and other information.

By the way, obviously this city is the capital of our territory, so I didn't put my last name. I don't know if people know that my parents have a second child, but as a precaution, I decided to register just as "Zoe."

I don't want to be treated differently for being noble or anything like that. I feel like things will be more fun this way.

There was nothing about class or weapons in the information they asked for, just basic things like age, region of origin, and other details. Strange, but I decided not to ask, it's better for me anyway.

As I finished filling out the form, the receptionist elf looked at me with a worried expression. "Zoe, right? Congratulations on your decision to become an adventurer. But please remember that this life is not easy. You will have to face many dangers and adversities," she said, handing me a small badge with my name and an image of a crossed sword and shield.

I took the badge with a ear-to-ear grin.

"I know, but I'm ready for it! Thank you," I thanked enthusiastically.

The elf sighed again and shook her head. "I hope you know what you're doing, Zoe. Good luck on your adventures," she wished before turning to attend to another adventurer who was waiting.

I left the reception with my badge in hand.

The Adventurer's Guild has a very simple progression system: Adventurers start at level 1 and go up to level 10. As an adventurer's level increases, the danger scale of the missions they can take on increases as well. In compensation, the value of rewards and exclusivity in guild services also increases.

The missions give points that also increase with the level of danger. It's almost like a grinding system of some generic RPG, the higher your level, the more points you need to level up, and the less worth it is to take on smaller missions if you don't want to die of hunger.

In my case, as I'm level 1, I can only take on fries like goblins, wolves, and kobolds that don't even need missions, but I was still excited.

"Yosh, to the forest!"


I left the town and headed towards the forest, which was a few hours' walk away. Along the way, I encountered some more experienced adventurers, all of them wearing impressive armor and equipment.

I looked at them with admiration as I walked, imagining how cool it would be to have such powerful equipment. As for my own equipment: I brought almost nothing, I was just wearing a usual white shirt with black pants, both surprisingly comfortable along with a wooden sword.

It's not like I'm being irresponsible, okay?!

Despite appearances, I still trained diligently enough to be able to heal myself in any situation that doesn't involve life or death. Besides, as I had said before, normal weapons are almost useless to me, but well, I'll manage somehow... I hope.

Arriving in the forest, I was undecided about what to do.

I'm still a little far from the border, so I doubt anything more dangerous than an Orc or a Hobgoblin would appear, but it's always good to be careful.

As I walked through the forest, I began to notice some signs of activity in the area.

"Wow, that was fast."

Broken branches, footprints, and even some animal carcasses seemed to have been left behind. I decided to follow these clues, curious about what I might find. As I approached a clearing, I began to hear strange noises coming from a nearby cave.

1, 2, 3, 4... I don't know how many signs of life are in there, but I could say that there are more than I could count.

Should I go?

Screw it, I'm already here anyway.

My heart raced as I approached, trying my best to suppress my presence and not make any noise as I approached through the bushes.

The closer I got, the clearer the sounds became. It was definitely a cave and the sounds were coming from inside. My heart beat faster, but my curiosity was greater. I needed to know what was inside.

With the wooden sword in hand, I began to advance carefully and silently towards the entrance of the cave. Once there, I slinked through the narrow opening, ready to face whatever came my way.

The sounds grew louder and more distinct as I advanced. Suddenly, I came face-to-face with a group of goblins gathered, seeming to be discussing something in their strange language. They didn't see me immediately, so I decided to stay hidden for a while and observe them.

As I watched the goblins, I noticed that they were acting fairly common for creatures of their type. Some were eating raw meat from animals they had hunted, while others were sharpening their weapons or working on other minor tasks.

Despite their small and disproportionate bodies, the goblins were quite agile and fast in their movements, jumping from one rock to another and moving with surprising skill.

"So cool, so cool."

I've been saying this multiple times today, but this time my little body is really tingling and my heart feels like it's going to explode.

Is this fear? I slowly put my hand to my face... no, this isn't fear.

The only thing I can feel is a smile on my face as if I'm dying of excitement.

CRACK!

"Eh?!"

One of the branches I was leaning on broke, and I fell to the ground.

"Gabu?!" Suddenly, one of the goblins turned around and saw me.

He shouted something to the others, and they all began to move in my direction.


With mana flowing through my body, I advance towards the goblins with my sword in hand.

Adrenaline coursing through my veins, I feel my heart beating strongly as I begin the battle.

The goblins come towards me, wielding their weapons. With a quick movement, I dodge a strike coming towards me and then hit a blow to the belly of the nearest goblin. He falls to the ground groaning in pain while the others continue coming towards me.

"Hahaha, is that all you've got, is that all?"

I'm not even thinking anymore, just letting every part of my frustration from all these days flow.

I can't use offensive magic, so I need to rely on my sword skills.

"Home Run!" Swinging my weapon with precision, I manage to hit another goblin straight in the chest, sending him flying towards one of the trees and exploding.

With a smile on my face, I continue fighting against the goblins, enjoying every successful blow I land. The wooden sword begins to wear out and I feel my arm hurting, but that doesn't stop me from continuing to fight.

"This one's for you, my friend!" I shout as I hit another blow, knocking down another goblin.

I'm gasping for air, but I don't feel fatigue. My energy and excitement are keeping me going.

The wooden sword finally breaks, but I don't care. I continue hitting the goblins with the hilt of the sword, my energy increasing with each blow.

"You're not going to beat me!" I shout as I kick one of the goblins, making him stumble backwards.

I'm feeling alive, as if all that matters is this battle. There are no thoughts, no worries, just me and these goblins.

Finally, the goblins start to retreat. I watch them go, still excited about the battle.

"That was amazing!" I shout as I look up at the blue sky above me, feeling a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

24