Chapter 1 – System
644 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

96, who was previously a set of data capable of occasionally emulating emotions, for the first time in its existence, felt...

Heat.

It wasn't as painful as what it had felt seconds ago.

Nor was it suffocating.

It was... strange.

Previously, it was certain that it was in a protected place, but now it had emerged into an uncomfortable environment. Not only because its entire body was surrounded by something unfamiliar, but also because its vision had now changed.

Now it was able to see.

A radiant light kept bothering it, so she tried to avert her gaze, but it was in vain. It was difficult, she even had other sensations she was not accustomed to.

And before she realized it, instinctively, her body started to breathe.

It was a very strange sensation, but she had plenty of time to comprehend this whole situation and soon heard a voice:

"It's a girl!"

96 didn't understand those words, but they came from a very excited woman.

"What name will you give her?"

These words seemed to come from another person with a masculine voice, who sounded very serious and annoyed.

"Considering her eyes and hair... How about... Aria?"

This response came from another woman, different from the first one who had spoken. She spoke softly and with a hint of nervousness.

96 didn't understand what was happening.

Was this some kind of information that was immersing her in such a... peculiar experience?

Those humans continued their conversation, but 96 still didn't understand any of their words.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Albert?"

"Feed the baby. We'll talk later."

The man stood up from the wooden bench where he had been sitting and left the room in a huff.

That's when only two women remained. One looked like a servant and the other was lying on a bed, holding a baby girl in her arms.

Does she think it's not her daughter?

That thought crossed the mind of 96's mother.

Then she focused her gaze on the strange baby who wasn't crying but rather contemplating everything with some annoyance, and after a few seconds, her mother tried to breastfeed her.

To her surprise, the baby refused each time she brought her breast closer while looking at her mother with eyes full of doubt.

What's happening to my daughter?

"Aria, it's okay... just open your mouth. Open your mouth!"

Making a gesture to the baby to imitate her, she still didn't understand what her mother was saying.

Soon, a window in front of 96's eyes surprised her.

[The body needs nutrients. Find a source of food, or you will begin to suffer permanent damage]

This is a status!

96 recognized it instantly and instinctively attempted several things.

She wanted to see her statistics.

But she failed. Nothing appeared.

She wanted to open her inventory.

Nothing appeared either!

She tried to interact again with that tab that had appeared within the retina of her eyes, but it didn't respond according to the information that 96 possessed.

Had they lied to her?

At least tell me where to find a source of food!

Thought 96.

That's when, to her surprise, something began to highlight on her mother's chest. This was a detail that only she could see and no one else.

96 didn't quite understand this strange system, but she did what she had to do.

19