Book 0: Chapter 2: Sacrifice for the New Tale
928 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Yeig

Gender: Female

Age: 1,549

Race: Human

 

Level: 9,000

Class: Omni-Sage (Unique)

HP: 42,500,000/42,500,000

MP: 340,000/340,000

Strength: 60,000

Magical Prowess: 95,000

Dexterity: 54,000

Agility: 59,840

Luck: 84,000

Vitality: 54,420

Magical Resistance: 100,320

 

Title: [Rule Breaker] [World Traveller]

Special Trait: [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration]

Special Ability: [Causality Alteration]

 

Weapon Proficiency

Sword: S

Polearm: SS

Axe: S

Bow: S

Brawl: S

Hidden weapon: S+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: SS

Cold: SS

Water: SS

Lightning: SS

Wind: SS

Earth: SS

Light: SSS

Dark: SSS

Life: SSS

Death: SSS

Mind: SS+

Space: S

Time: A+

 

Absurd.

 

That’s the best way to describe those stats, there’s no way both of us can beat someone like this.

“Hey old man! Tell me what you see!” Probably seeing how shocked I am it is only natural for Vermilla to speak up.

“H-Her raw power are nearly twenty-fold of us”

“What!?”

“So you see the situation you’re in? Or do I need to demonstrate my strength? To fully convince you” Crap! No!

“I-I would rather you not”

“I hope you weren’t kidding when you said she’s that strong” Don’t say that!

“Seem like you specifically aren’t convinced” Great now the sage, Yeig, start conjuring her spell

“Please stop!”

“Don’t worry about it I won’t hit you with it, just the mountain over there” ‘Just’ the mountain she said. Hopefully she keep her word…

*BOOM*

… And there goes the mountain.

“...” Vermilla is quite shocked, as to be expected.

“Well?”

“That was so COOL!” … I kinda forgot how destruction loving she can be sometimes.

“Anyway back to what I’m saying, I want to mess with Demon Lord’s resurrection a bit hope you two would partake” Messing with the Demon Lord’s resurrection? Hopefully not making them stronger or more destructive, no one wants that. Most doesn’t like Demon Lord in general, even many of the demons.

The Demon Lord maybe the only existence that could lead to the demons eradicating the human, who have been cruelly discriminating them, but the Demon Lord’s destructive nature cause heavy casualties on both side, and many demons actually doesn’t want to instigate any conflict in the first place. Demon Lord is a terrifying existence that have been artificially created eons ago, using forbidden rituals of all kind and sacrificing many, the being that persist after death and forcefully reborn, to cause more and more destruction, plunging the world into madness and chaos, the being that was created to eradicate humanity, as a retribution for driving their kind away and discriminated them, but ultimately prove less that fruitful, it’s a detrimental existence.

Perhaps with her otherworldly power she could stop the Demon Lord from resurrecting. Hopefully that’s what she’ll do.

“So what’s your plan then? Stop their resurrection? Modify the resurrection? Kill the Demon Lord seconds after reviving? What will you do?” I asked, very curious about this. The latter is easy for her, the Demon Lord may have authority over ‘demon’ but she’s a human. While the Demon Lord is powerful even early in life, there’s no way they’ll born anywhere near as strong as her.

“How about before that let’s get back to the Demon Lord’s castle, I’ll teleport us there. I assume the ominous castle over there is the correct place? Just to be sure”

“Yeah that’s the place, hope you can show me more of your impressive magic” Seems like Vermilla recovered.

“So I’m suppose you’re both in?”

“Honestly I’m reluctant in going through with what you’re about to do, as I still don’t know what you’re ultimately trying to do”

“For me, I’m all in. Old goat, you shouldn’t be so hesitant” 

“I’m just being cautious”

“Not really sure why you’ll be, from what I can tell you don’t value your life that much” What? How can she tell?

“Perks of having high affinity in mind”

“I see… Even then, others life maybe in dange-”

*Zoom*

“Bored now, let’s do something fun” She just cut me off using teleport, a high ranking space magic, and it seems like she’ll drag us both anyway. Why does she even bother asking?

 

#####

 

And now we’re in the Demon Lord’s throne room.

“Hey true ancestor, wanna be a mom?” She just boldly said that, and why?

“What’s with that question? How is that related? Do I look like a person who take care of children?” Vermilla is also confused it seems.

“To your last question, no. And as to what and how. It have to do with how the Demon Lord born. You know, like a regular living being. Does that clear things up”

“... What I gathered is that you want me to raise the freaking Demon Lord”

“Basically, though also making ‘her’ your child, biologically” Biologically? That’s certainly a word no one in this era should know.

“Biologically?”

“In the term you might understand is that ‘she’ will be your flesh and blood” Has she been referring to the Demon Lord as a she? Why? The gender shouldn’t be clear until they reborn.

“You know how the Demon Lord’s soul forcefully go into a woman’s womb and forcefully impregnate them? I’m going to manipulate the soul into doing that to you!” Another blunt statement.

“That sounds more tiresome than fun” Now she started getting moody.

“Well, it’s fun for me” Said the sage without a hint of guilt.

“What about me? What is my role in this?”

“You’ll be use as a sacrifice! Offer your life for the ritual” Now this absurdity is going up to eleven.

“You can’t be serious” Can she?

“Don’t worry, I’ll ask Four to reincarnated you somewhere nice, and maybe keep your memory” Now I’m not even sure what she’s saying.

“But why would you need to do a ritual in the first place, you’re powerful enough to do it without needing me as a sacrifice I’m sure”

“I certainly can but it’ll be a pain and less fun, plus this life haven’t been good to you anyway” Has she been observing me or something? How can she be so sure? The life as a ‘demon’ have been less than enjoyable for me, and I certainly am thinking of reincarnating again, but the possibility of having my life be even worse keep me from ending it.

“Old man?” Vermilla said rather seriously.

*Sigh* Why not? Probably the best bet I got.

“I suppose I can agree to that”

“Are you serious you goat!?”

“Yes, but before that I’m sure there's more to this plan of yours to require a sacrifice”

“You stupid goat… Fine. Whatever, it’s not like I care about a father figure being totally okay with dying or anything” Even though she said that there’s obviously a tint of sadness and anger in her voice.

“What about you? True ancestor” Is she ignoring my question?

“You still haven’t answer my question”

“Oh. Right. Well aside from making a true ancestor Demon Lord I’m thinking of putting something else inside that soul of ‘her’” She said it again.

“Why do you keep calling the Demon Lord her? Why are you so sure that the next will be a she?”

“I rigged with the odds” Another preposterous statement.

*Sigh* “Well what exactly are you putting into the Demon Lord’s soul?”

“A human soul from another world, mixing them up… I wonder if this count as an ise… What am I saying it certain does” The hell does she think this is? A novel?

“Anyway, this should help neutralize the destructive nature of the Demon Lord, giving her human conscious, I specifically picked that of the modern world where people don’t discriminate as much”

“That reassuring to some degree, doesn’t have to raise something that troublesome, though I’m still bothered by the fact that me of all people will raise her”

“Hey, you will be experiencing something that most vampire don’t, so you should appreciate being given a chance” That’s true, vampires naturally have an insanely low fertility rate, so many often never have a family, raising a child and such.

“That’s true I suppose”

“Well that’s enough explanation I’m sure, let’s get this started! Goat, you can just lay down and relax and it’ll all be over” We’re starting already? Well I’m suppose there’s nothing wrong with starting early.

“Very well” As I start laying down, I can see Vamilla’s pained expression as I lay down. Guilt hit me hard, but I’m still ready to do this.

“Sorry to leave you alone, don’t worry, if things goes as she said perhaps we can meet again, wait for me okay?”

“... Fine … Father” Father… I haven’t been called that by her for the longest time, when was that I wonder, I suppose it doesn’t matter now.

“Now, simply go to sleep and wait, you’ll die painlessly I can assure you that”

… 

As I close my eyes and wait, drowsiness hit me, I feel numb, and then there’s nothing… I feel like I’m starting to fall into an endless void…

...

19