Chapter 16
1.7k 5 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You’re thinking of doing what?” Liana asked, doing a double take.

 

“Shhhh,” I scolded. We would be in Solime soon but before things got hectic I wanted to run my idea by Liana. “Eyepatch wants pups but can't have them herself so I was thinking about being her surrogate.”

 

“I… that's very… selfless,” Liana replied.

 

I raised an eyebrow waiting for her to continue.

 

“Who would be the father? Sparkles?” She and I nodded. “Would you be able to give them up?”

 

“I think so,” I replied.

 

Liana shook her head, “You can’t do this if you will get attached to babies that aren’t yours.”

 

I nodded, “But you wouldn't be opposed.”

 

She shook her head, “Since you have a skill that would make it safe I’m not opposed.”

 

“I'll think it over, I just wanted to run it by you.”

 

Liana nodded. “Are you sure you aren't offering because of your breeding kink?” she teased.

 

“I do not—ugh. I’m sure. Eyepatch misses having pups and I can help, I want to help. I’m a high priestess of Lilith… this is the kinda thing I’m supposed to do.”

 

“Get impregnated by a dire wolf,” Liana smirked and I slapped her arm. “I still can't believe giving birth is ‘harmless and pleasurable’ for you. Gods, if we ever have children you are the one giving birth to them,” Liana muttered before turning beet red realizing what she said. “Ahem, anyways!”

 

I  wrap an arm around her, “Is that something you want? Children?’

 

She leaned into me. “I don't know, I had to practically raise Max and I’m not in a rush to do it again. Maybe when I’m old and I’ve settled down.”

 

Old, that thought sent a chill through me because I would never age. Why the hell did [Daughter of Lilim] casually toss immortality on me?

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Liana asked, looking at me with concern.

 

“I’m gonna be 22 forever,” I replied feeling hollow. Liana seemed confused so I explained. “One of my titles says that I won’t age. I’ll be alone in the end, I will lose everyone.”

 

“Babe, don’t freak out. We’ll figure it out and even if we don’t, I’m only 24, we have plenty of time,” she said resting her chin on my shoulder.

 

I gently wriggled free, “I… I need to think.” I waved Eyepatch over and climbed onto her back.

 

“Soph!” Liana called but I ignored her. I needed… I don’t know what I need. I curled up into Eyepatch’s soft fur and cried. I didn’t know what to do.

“You seem upset, Sophia,” Lilith said. 

 

“Yes, and since I know you keep an eye on me then you already know why,” I sighed, not bothering to sit up from the bed. I must have fallen asleep and I hoped I wouldn't fall off Eyepatch.

 

“Yes you will not age, but you will not be alone. You will learn that soon enough. Think outside the box and you will not be disappointed,” she smiled.

 

“What does that mean?” I groaned.

 

“People think sex is a succubus’ most powerful tool but it is not, it is manipulation. Succubi thrive in politics, you breed armies, manipulate kings, and gather strong and loyal allies. My darling, you will never be alone and you will be able to keep that kitty cat of yours forever soon enough.”

 

“I suppose a straight answer is asking for too much?” I huffed, but in reality, her words made me feel a lot better.

 

Lilith chuckled and sat on the bed beside me. “I am very proud of you, priestess. Now, there are more important things for you to be doing than an afternoon nap. And give my congratulations to Eyepatch,” she smirked with a wink.

 

“You really need to learn—” I didn't get to finish the sentence before I snapped awake on top of Eyepatch. “Boundaries,” I muttered, “she needs to learn boundaries.”

 

“Hey, Eyepatch? Are you serious about wanting pups?” I asked. She nodded, seeming confused as she glanced back at me. “I could have them for you… you wouldn't give birth to them but you could still be their mother. You don't need to decide now, just… let me know.”

 

I left a very shocked Eyepatch to hop back in the cart as we approached Solime. “You ok?” Liana asked with a concerned frown.

 

I wrapped her in a hug, “yea. I kinda fell asleep which turned out to be good because Lilith gave me very cryptic good news. And I told Eyepatch what I was thinking so she can think it over.”

 

Liana nodded, “what did Lilith say?”

 

“That I could soon ‘keep that kitty cat of yours forever.’ Which I’m taking as good news… if not maybe a little possessive,” I snorted.

 

Liana smiled, “I wouldn't mind being yours forever. Think how many litters of kittens we could have, you would be so big. And the milk, mmmm,” she teased, running a paw under my shirt.

 

“I’m never living this down am I,” I groaned.

 

“I figure I got at least a few more days to torment you,” she chuckled with a kiss on my cheek.

 

“Did you know kinks might be hereditary?” I smirked, deciding to ruin her image of her parents.

 

“What?”

 

“Your parents passed their kinks to you,” I grinned at her horrified look.

 

“I did not need to know that! Wait…” she said as a grin spread across her face. “You are definitely Lilith’s daughter then.”

 

“No, no that doesn't count. She didn't raise me… I don't think so. Oh god, was I just created as an adult? Did I even have a childhood, I know originally Sophia did.”

 

“Hey, hey, no stop,” Liana scolded me. “One breakdown was enough for today.”

 

“Right, yea ok…” I sighed. Jesus fucking Christ my life was insane.

 

As we arrived in Solime everyone grew a little more anxious. A caravan of “monstrous” races arriving would probably cause some issues. Not to mention the two dire wolves.

 

“Attention everyone. We will not be welcomed in Solime but this is as far as Liana and I are going. We have business here so this is where we will part ways. Stay together and head for Egostin, it is safer for us there. May Lilith’s blessings find you and grant you prosperity,” I announced as the caravan came to a halt. We said our goodbyes and prepared for hopefully our final excursion to Solime.

 

“Y'know I’m really digging the priestess thing,” Liana chuckled. “Do we need to get you slutty clerical robes?”

 

“I'm sure Lilith would approve,” I rolled my eyes. My little prayer was as much to do what Lilith had asked as it was literally asking my mother to keep an eye on them and do what she could. I assumed most clergies didn’t have such direct interactions with gods but since I had it I might as well make use of it. Even if Lilith didn't ask for worshipers I would give her some and maybe earn a few favours along the way.

 

We left all the horses with the carts as both Sparkles and Eyepatch were fine with us riding them and didn't find us too heavy. Them being intelligent and predatory, and while the size of a horse they were a little less clunky, making them a much better option. We grabbed our supplies and waved as the carts turned away and continued down the road.

 

“So what exactly is our plan?” I asked as I tied a makeshift handle around Eyepatch so I wouldn't have to hold onto her fur directly.

 

“I’m gonna kill Father Wilkinson,” Liana replied as she did the same with Sparkles.

 

“Will that get rid of the order in Solime?”

 

“It will certainly help. Killing the current mayor might help too,” she replied.

 

“Jesus,” I groaned, this was getting out of hand quickly. “We are still wanted, we can't just stride in especially, not with Sparkles and Eyepatch.”

 

“Do you think you could stay in the woods undetected but close to the city?” Liana asked and the dire wolves nodded in confirmation. “Then we wait for it to get dark and sneak in. If father Wilkinson dies then there will be a major shift in power. We don't need to handle everything ourselves, just activate the spark and let everyone else sort it out.”

 

“Then we get in, kill a priest and get out,” I agreed. “Where is Father Wilkinson staying?”

 

“The order has a church. I scouted it out and it's surprisingly well-defended. That’s why I tried to kill him in more accessible places.”

 

“Shall I cause a distraction while you sneak in?” I chuckled, suggesting our tried and true method.

 

Liana nodded, “Unfortunately they have city guards along with order goons guarding the church since there is a bounty on Father Wilkinson’s head.”

 

“I do know a sergeant that might be able to help us with some convincing,” I smirked.

 

“The guy you fucked in this office while I escaped?” Liana asked, looking confused.

 

“He resisted my [Charm] but that was before we fucked and now I have [Thrall], even if I can’t convince him I could force him.”

 

“Yea except he's most likely the reason why there are wanted posters of the both of us.”

 

“True, I’m sure he's realized that my alter ego was false. He could easily just arrest me on the spot,” I replied. Sparkles nudged me trying to get my attention. “You want to help,” I replied, reading his desires.

 

Sparkles both nodded eagerly while Eyepatch seemed less enthusiastic. Sparkles started prowling around before barking once, waiting a moment and then scampering a few feet and doing so again and again. “They wanna lure guards away?” I asked while watching Sparkles’ “come and get me” routine.

 

Sparkles nodded in confirmation and Eyepatch seemed to be on board as well.

 

Liana thought about that for a minute before offering another plan. “Ok… so we could slow things down. You two could maybe hunt a few farm animals which would get reported. Then the guards would have to spend resources to hunt you down leaving the church more exposed.”

 

“Except they would be sending people to kill them and we would be separated,” I interrupted. “And who’s to say it would even strain their resources.”

 

Liana frowned.

 

“What if we could get them into the city? We go to the church, and Sparkles and Eyepatch lure some of the guards away and give us an opening. We would just need to figure out how to get into the city without drawing attention.”

 

“I don't know, babe. You were right before about endangering them, we managed to kill—I don't think the order would have a hard time killing two dire wolves. I think if you two of you waited nearby for us to make a quick escape that would be safer and potentially life-saving.”

 

Though Sparkles seemed a little disappointed he seemed fine with that plan.

 

“Fuck, I wish I had gotten Max to brew up some invisibility potions.”

 

“That's a thing?”

 

“Yea, you just can't wear clothes and your pupils have to remain visible so you can see,” she explained. “It's not perfect but would be very useful for this.”

 

“Well, maybe they stay outside the city then. I’ll go… start an orgy or something and you can find Father Wilkinson.”

 

Liana laughed. “Alright, do you think you two can stay hidden but close to the city for the night?” 

 

They both glanced at each other and nodded. With how stealthy they had been when we first encountered them I was confident they could do it.

 

“Well… then we have a plan, or at least as much of one as we are going to get,” I sighed.

The last thing I expected to do was to walk up to the front gate of a church run by the order of Musiado, yet here I was. There were two city guards posted by the gate as I approached. I just crossed my fingers that this would work. I hit them both with [Trall] and felt it succeeded on both of them. 

 

“Go home for the night,” I ordered and they simply walked away from their posts. As I watched them leave I had to admit [Trall] was kinda cool.

 

I walked up to the large wooden door of the church itself and knocked. I didn't know where Liana was but I knew she was nearby.

 

The door was opened by the same paladin who was Father Wilkinson’s right hand. As always he wore full plate without the helmet and his golden glowing eyes bore into me as he towered over me. My skin crawled due to something supernatural. Something about this man made me feel ill to be close to.

 

“Uh… hi, I’m here to see Father Wilkinson, I have some information about his father,” I said nervously. We had figured if anything was going to get me an audience it was bringing up something personal. I activated [Thrall] on the paladin but it was unsuccessful. His desires were equally as boring as they were fanatic, I had a feeling that seducing this guy would not be easy. 

 

“Who are you?” he asked, his voice low and threatening.

 

“Um… I’m Allison. I came from across the border to deliver Father Wilkinson a message.”

 

“Did you now? what's the code word?” he smirked.

 

“Uhh… the old one or the new?” I asked just trying to come up with something. This really wasn't going as planned.

 

“There is no password, demon,” he sighed, drawing his longsword. “It has been a long time since I've fought a pureblood but I relish this opportunity,” he grinned with a hateful look as he took a menacing step toward me.

50