Why do we fight?
84 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You ever wonder why we keep killing these things?” (Michael)

“Because they are trying to kill us?” (me)

“Yeah but, why are they trying to kill us?” (Michael)

I didn’t know it then, but I think that’s when everything really started to change.

---

“Michael’s MIA?” (me)

“Yup, never returned from his last mission.” (Holly)

“But, he…  he’s never even been seriously hurt before! How could he just disappear?” (me)

---

“What do you mean I’m under arrest?” (me)

“You are suspected of aiding a traitor.” (Soldier)

“What? How can that be?” (me)

“I’m just here to bring you in for questioning. You can either walk, or be carried.” (Soldier)

“Fine, fine. I’ll walk.” (me)

---

“Hey, you awake?” (Micheal)

“What? What are you doing here? Do you know they are calling you a traitor?” (me)

“Yeah, I know, I’m here to get you out.” (Micheal)

“Won’t that just get me labeled a traitor too?” (me)

“I found out why they are trying to kill us.” (Micheal)

“Really?” (me)

“This isn’t our land, it’s theirs. We’re invaders. C’mon, I found a way back home. Back to where we’re supposed to live.” (Micheal)

“Alright, I trust you.” (me)

---

“Welcome to Earth! I hope you don’t mind answering a few questions” (???)

“Um, what’s this all about?” (me)

“A rogue general went through the gate a decade ago, and we’ve been having difficulty getting information about what’s on the other side. Any information you can give us would help.” (???)

“Go ahead. This entire invasion was illegal, but the people in charge here keep debating whether or not to do anything about it. More people like us coming back might help convince them to go save the rest of our comrades.” (Micheal)

“You mean, if everyone withdrew through this gate, we’d not have to fight anymore?” (me)

“Yeah, those things aren’t on Earth.” (Micheal)

---

“Woah, when I heard I was a clone, I found it hard to believe, but you really look just like me!” (me)

“Yeah, it’s weird huh? You’re the second one I’ve met. Everyone on the other side is a clone, except for the general.” (other me)

“How many different clones are there?” (me)

“Twenty, from what I hear. You ever notice that we never had gatherings larger than that?” (other me)

“Huh, I hadn’t thought about that.” (me)

“How about your childhood?” (other me)

“Can’t remember it.” (me)

“Right, and now we know why.” (other me)

---

“How are you settling in?” (Micheal)

“Pretty well. It kinda feels like a dream. No drills, no fighting, no alarms.” (me)

“Yeah, it’s nice here. I’m planning to go and try another rescue. You wanna come with me?” (Micheal)

“Yeah, that sounds good.” (me)

“Okay, the trick is to infiltrate the teams.” (Micheal)

---

“You ever wonder why we keep killing these things?” (me)

“Because they are trying to kill us?” (George)

“Yeah but, why are they trying to kill us?” (me)

2