Not So Villainous
69 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not so villainous

My passion is music. So, when it came time to figure out how to make a living, I decided to open up a concert hall. I planned to hire excellent musicians and spend every evening listening to performances I’d be selling tickets to. This wasn’t very lucrative, but it didn’t lose money at least.

Unfortunately, as time passed, I began to get frustrated at the tiny imperfections in the music, and so I began to work on making better instruments, and improving the concert hall, and finding ways to instruct the musicians I hired to produce even better results than they were already capable of.

Eventually, this led to me becoming the owner of a company that was known for making the world’s best instruments and producing the world’s best musicians… at least when it came to classical music. I must admit, I didn’t really have much interest in the more modern musical genres and simply didn’t bother with them.

Sadly, despite all my efforts to create a truly perfect musical experience for my own pleasure, it seems that fate wouldn’t allow me to enjoy it. 

“We won’t back down this time, Lucas. The whole league of heroes has agreed to end your reign.”

“I’m just a music lover, why can’t you get that through your head, Justice?”

“You’re too smart for that. Everyone who’s tested positive for having super smarts has had to be stopped from trying to take over the world. You can’t expect us to believe you are somehow different from all the others.”

“You have absolutely no evidence against me. I’ve done nothing to warrant your concern.”

“You have super powered criminals on your pay-roll!”

Former criminals. They paid their dues in prison, and I gave them a job. I did try to hire heroes, you know, everyone refused, and I can’t just use ordinary security guards when the biggest threat to my peace here is unruly heroes like yourself, disrupting my evenings.”

“Hmph, of course you have an excuse for everything. You aren’t the sort to leave anything to chance. You probably planned for every contingency already. You probably think we’ll just arrest you, and you’ll break out. We aren’t going to leave things to chance either though. You won’t be leaving this place alive tonight.”

As Justice’s fist struck a barrier of ice in front of me, their face contorted in shock.

“How did you convince the White Witch to join you?”

“Oh, that was easy. I just let them know what you did to Carl, and Maxim. I knew your corrupt Justice Hall wasn’t about to let me live in peace, so I’ve been collecting evidence for years now. I hadn’t gone public yet, because I wanted to wait for the right time. Now that you’ve openly moved to kill me, in a conversation that’s being broadcast live online, it seems like the right time to publicly publish evidence of all your crimes is now.”

I then walked back into my soundproofed hall, where a concert was playing, completely undisturbed by the super fight now raging outside. It had taken a while and a lot of resources to finally gather the necessary allies to bring down Lady Justice’s Justice Hall, but thanks to all their law breaking in the name of “justice” it ended up less difficult than I originally expected it to be. With supers from every country in the world backing me up and international laws on my side, tonight would be the last night the self-proclaimed “world police” would remain in power. With such thoughts, the music sounded better today than usual.

***Author Note***

Inspired by: [WP] Unlike most people with super powers, you're perfectly content to mind your own business while using your powers in normal everyday activities. However the heroes seem to have decided that your disinterest in world affairs is suspicious and you're clearly faking it to hide your true agenda. 

6