A Strange Story
62 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Strange Story

When I received the letter, I was very confused.

Don’t give up, I know you can achieve great things in the future.

-F

To a normal person, such an encouraging letter from my fiance would not seem strange. Except I had gone from the promising young man to the disappointing trash of my family as my once high (for my age) cultivation was lost. I’d already begun hearing rumors that the marriage might be cancelled. Still, it seemed too rude to not reply, so I did.

What makes you think so highly of me?

-M

I had a prophetic dream. You will rise to great heights in the future, after a great man begins teaching you.

-F

Such a reply to my question was absurd. Not because I thought it was wrong, but because I knew it was correct. I had memories of my past life, and this life I had been reborn as the main character in a story I’d read: Rise of the Dragon Alchemist. How could this young lady know of it? Does she know the story too?

I once read a tale called Rise of the Dragon Alchemist. Do you know of it?

-M

I do. I did not expect you would know. I wonder what Lord Shen would think of this?

-F

Well, that confirms it. Lord Shen is the old dragon who awakens and teaches me once the pearl I found has collected enough of my ki from me. I had originally had no interest in my fiance whom I was destined to fight with. Now, it seems that destiny has been destroyed, and this lady may actually be someone worth getting to know. I wonder what her favorite TV shows were.

5