Queen Negara
123 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[me]"Haaaahahahahaha!"

[negara]"Yes, let the power fill you. Feel the rush!"

[me]*evil grin* "Oh, did you think I was gonna stop fighting you?"

[negara]"What? I saw your pain. I know your companions and allies are the ones who hurt you the most. You should make them feel your pain! Make them suffer for their sins!"

[me]"Ahhh, yeah, I could totally do that. Not much point though. Sharing my pain accomplishes nothing. They still wouldn't understand. Not even you understand, and you went and invaded my mind. This power can't make others comprehend my feelings. It can only be used to DESTROY!" As I finish my declaration, I finally strike, unleashing my pain and rage upon Queen Negara.

[negara]"Ghhh, you think you can win just because you have power?! You're still a worthless slob!"

[rodrick]"He's not fighting alone! We're still here!" With that shout, Rodrick and the rest of my companions join the fight.

[negara]"Even if you kill me, my power will not die. There will always be a Negalord!"

[me]"Ahhh!" Suddenly it hit me. Pain, sorrow, anger, hate; greater than I'd ever felt before. The Queen's power poured into me. Staggering as I struggled to maintain focus on the here and now I shouted "Stay away!"

Instinctively, I knew what was happening. The power of the Negalord needed a host. I was nearby and already filled with Negapower.

I needed to focus. Focus on what kind of person I wanted to be. Focus on the ideals and desires that made me who I am. Focus on the people I hope to be like.

The power coursed through my body. I could feel it reshaping me, as I forced my mind to follow my will. No matter how powerful the thoughts or feelings it filled me with, I refused to let it change my core self. My WILL would rule, not my thoughts or feelings. My mind and heart may guide me, but they do not rule me.

[rodrick]"Are you okay?"

[me]"Yeah, I think I am now. Just... gonna take a while to get used to this."

[rodrick]"Uh, do you know what happened to you?"

[me]"She said there would always be a Negalord. I think her power entered me and made me the new Negalord."

[rodrick]"Oh. So, if you're the new queen, can you make the monsters all stop attacking people?"

[me]"No. They'd only obey me if I were trying to harm humans. Fear of death is not sufficient to make them obey. If it were just a matter of power, you could make them obey."

[rodrick]"Can't you just trick them?"

[me]"Not long term. I might be able to get them to obey me for a short while, but it'd just end with them being more organized and dangerous when they finally rebel. Doing nothing is probably the best thing for me to do, so they stay disorganized. Is it still possible for me to return home?"

***Author Note***

Was looking through some old stuff and found this. It's basically a final boss battle starring a main character who's seriously depressed, and has battled with depression long enough that a bit of forced negativity just doesn't impress them much.

5