Sci-Fi disaster
120 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It wasn't ready. It wasn't even close to ready. Heck, the stuff I had finished, the human augmentation project, was still awaiting approval. The global control project was just a pipe dream.

I had succeeded in embedding intelligent nanomachines into myself already, proving my plan of full human and machine merging to be possible. Called it my Human Augmentation project so people would be less squeamish about it. It wasn't mere augmentation. It was the building block of an even bigger project.

First were smart phones, then smart cars, then smart homes. I was gonna build the smart planet. Fully integrating intelligent nanomachine colonies with human bodies was the first step. With that built in, it'd be possible for all other connected machines to communicate with hyper-intelligent human minds in ways previously impossible. Embed nanomachines into the whole planet, and it'd become possible to control everything on it. It wasn't ready.

Sabotage. Only sabotage could explain the utter failure of every failsafe I'd included in the design. At least the system recognized me as a user. Still a hopeless cause. I'd built the thing to withstand every attack I could imagine. If anyone was gonna take control back, and stop the mass machine takeover of this planet, it wasn't gonna be me.

The authorities have already begun evacuation. Ground Zero, my lab, the city of Ytarkus, already too late for it.

2