Resurrection? That’s not what I wanted!
127 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Resurrection? That’s not what I wanted!

MMORPGs, one of my greatest joys. Playing with friends, and working together in epic fights. Reading well crafted stories, and interesting fantasy worlds. This life was awesome! So when I found myself waking up in another world, on an altar I barely recognized as something I once saw in the distant past, I was not happy.

“What the hell have you done!” I shouted.

“He lives! The great lord of destruction lives once more! All hail the great god of darkness and destruction!” As the many people in robes surrounding me shouted, I found myself feeling very, very, unhappy with them.

“Die, fools.” 

They did as I demanded: they died. Not by their own will, but by mine. Being in this world again, on this altar where I’d once been bound and slain, I remembered: I was a god of destruction and death. 

Dammit, I have no good memories of this place, and the life I was living, that my godly resurrection so rudely interrupted was awesome! Those high tech humans on earth were making good progress at creating a paradise. Sure they still had far to go, but for the lucky ones (and in my last life, I was very lucky) it was pretty freakin’ sweet. I probably just dated myself there, every generation has their own slang.

Now, what do I do? Looking around everyone in the room is dead, and I don’t hear anyone outside, so this is probably the entire idiotic cult. I know I promised I’d get revenge when I returned, but I’m really not feeling like it anymore. If anything, I feel like getting killed and sent into the reincarnation cycle of mortals, was the best thing to happen to me. 

Living as a mortal was kinda fun, and even when it sucked, I just did something reckless and got myself killed. Ah, did people think I was a martyr those times? I probably looked like a foolish hero, when I died fighting back against bandits or muggers. In truth, it’s just my personality to strike back when threatened, regardless of how foolish it might be. I got injured a lot as a result, and had a lot of early deaths.

Yeah, I really was a fool of a mortal, wasn’t I? Attacking bandits when I was six, and dying. Trying to fight back when getting mugged in an alley, and getting shot. Really, everytime I wasn’t lucky, I did something stupid and died. Even managed to get myself killed chasing a rabbit once, because I fell off a cliff.

While reminiscing on memories of my past lives (something I couldn’t do when I was mortal) I made a simple conclusion: Since living as a mortal was fun, the obvious thing to do was pretend to be a mortal and live like one here. 

Remembering my most recent life, I decided to make myself a human male, with short black hair, black eyes, and nice black suit. Skip the tie, and loosen the collar, nice casual business wear, like I wore most of the time. Shirt’s white, but the jacket and pants are black, and I like black. Could make the shirt black, but it’d not look right if I did that.

Admittedly, this outfit isn’t the most comfortable thing I can think of, but I liked how I looked in it, and was accustomed to wearing it by now. Plus, the suit will always remind me of my last life, one I liked very much. An easy job keeping servers running in a company with competent leadership (a rarity from what I hear), and lots of time to spend playing games. Good memories.

5