Dungeon Invasion?
128 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

God of Dungeons:

With this new approach of persistent dimension hopping dungeons, my little army of dungeon masters has really grown. Time to make a new dungeon master. 

Alice:

Huh? Where am I? Is this a dream? Oooh, a menu. Let’s see here. Gotta choose wisely, so I don’t have regrets later on. Don’t need to be intimidating or scary. Do want charm and diplomacy. Adaptability is nice. I don’t want to have to worry about fitting in wherever I am. Gotta maximize comfort. I guess this will do. 

What’s next? Designing my dungeon? Hmmm… power is gained over time. Simply staying connected and wide open helps. So I guess I want a big open space. It’s a bit harder to defend though. Perhaps I can hide the way down to the  next level. Oooh, keys, secret doors, illusions… this is great.

Monsters to defend? Nah, I don’t really have the funds right now. Spent all my points on secrecy and comfort. Built myself a small comfy home with all the necessities. Made sure I had plenty of helpful abilities too. Like being able to sustain myself with the mana I collect, so I don’t have to worry about hunger, thirst, or sleep. Though I can still eat, drink, and sleep if I wish. Saves mana too if I do, though the cost is pretty insignificant.

I think I’m ready to begin. I wonder what world I’ll end up in.

Chosen Hero:

An Oracle of God  has delivered their message: I am to lead a group to defeat the new demon lord. Unfortunately, the new Demon Lord is hidden deep within the Ancient Scar. It has been 300 years since the last Demon Lord invaded. Every time they always seem to appear within the Ancient Scar. It is said that the Ancient Scar was created during the first Demon War. The first demon lord had been allowed to grow too strong, and god had been forced to intervene rather forcefully, sending a champion from afar to do battle. The power of the clash was so great it nearly tore the world in two, and left a gaping  scar upon the land. This history is why we know not to wait. Any new Demon Lord must be driven away immediately.

Alice:

Seems I’m in an ocean. My whole dungeon is full of water and I’ve become a mermaid. My main floor is now filled with seaweed. This really doesn’t seem fair. I don’t know how anyone can expect to find and open the way to the next floor where I am. Between fake doors, keys that don’t look like keys, no indications as to which keys go where and the need for multiple keys to be used in different places at the same time, I have no idea how anyone can figure it out without better vision to help them understand what the whole place looks like.

Chosen Hero:

We’ve reached the new Demon Lord’s abode, but it’s just a giant cavern filled with seaweed. No monsters, no traps, nothing at all. If I didn’t have the guidance of God to know this was the place, I’d think it was just a strange cave with a glowing ceiling.

Hero’s Group Member:

We’ve been searching for months, and we’ve not found anything interesting. Just some rocks.

Alice: 

I’m getting some good income. Already, I’ve reached the point where the emergency exit option is available. I can’t modify the first floor while people are there, but I could add more floors. Perhaps I’ll work on that later. For now, I’m just gonna keep sleeping to pass the time as I accumulate more points.

Oracle: 

The hero returned having failed the mission. They could not find the Demon Lord despite finding the place they should be. Clearly they were unable to find the path forward. It will be necessary to develop new tools to aid the hero.

Alice:

What the heck is that! They’ve got something that shows them where the door is! Not cool! Oh well. At least they still can’t figure out how to open it. Do I prepare more defenses, or just flee if they get through? I think fleeing makes more sense. Would be cheaper.

Hey, hey, that’s cheating! They got a tool for destroying the door! The door said it was indestructible! It cost a lot to buy! No fair!

I’m leaving!

--- End First Invasion ---

4