Summoned Goddess? (one-shot)
169 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We'd been having our usual christmas party, when suddenly the whole room my vision turned white. Since we'd all been sitting at our computers gaming, we all fell on our butts upon arriving at our new destination.

In this giant stone chamber, with grand pillars, and a beautiful stained glass ceiling (is that abstract art?) we first looked at each other, then at the people around us.

Old man: Greetings, we have summoned you to save us in our time of need. Our kingdom is under attack by demonic forces, and our god answered our prayers with a spell to summon heroes. Please step up to our crystal ball and place your hand on it one at a time. It will tell us what your role will be, and how best you can help.

As I was the one closest, I touched it first. A big display appeared as if there was a giant monitor in front of us all.

Name: Alicia
Role: Goddess

What? Not only is the name wrong, but I'm not even a woman. How does this make any sense? My friends are laughing, we're all guys. The others just stare in shock. I don't think anyone actually knows what's going on.

---

Reviewing the reports, I'm not really sure what to think. At first it mostly seems pretty ordinary. We've got a Magic Knight, a Paladin, a Bard, a Wizard, and a Rogue (as usual, everyone has been warned to keep a careful eye on the Rogue). There's just one last thing: the Goddess. 

There has never been a Goddess role before. Normally it'd be a priest or cleric or maybe a medic. I can only guess that this is a higher grade of priest. If I hadn't seen it for myself, I'd think the report was a lie. If it hadn't been an artifact given by God that was responsible, I'd declare it heresy. 

---

So, now we’re training to use our powers and skills. Apparently I can heal people. They just need to pray to me, and then I can heal them. Feels weird having everyone call me Alicia instead of Alex (my real name), but other than that, I was glad to help heal the injured and sick. Though I did wonder: Why were there so many injuries?

---

After we began our journey, and started clearing dungeons of demons and monsters, I became aware of what’s possibly the best part about my role: Being able to restore stamina. I’m so accustomed to getting tired really fast, due to being pretty out of shape, that learning I could restore my stamina repeatedly, was wonderful! Though it was a little weird praying to myself.

During fights it became clear that I totally lucked out. My job was really easy, just stay back where it’s fairly safe, and heal people. Sure, there was a range limit, but it was easily enough, so I didn’t even need to run around much at all.

---

Eventually, we reached the Demon King, and as he was nearing the end of his ability to keep fighting he said something.

“Alicia, please, grant us salvation.”

“What? Why are you praying to me?”

“I’m not praying to you! I’m praying to the goddess Alicia! The great creator of all!”

Everyone else just started laughing. 

“Go on then! Answer his prayer! Hah-*wheeze*” One of my friends suggested something ridiculous. 

“You sure?”

“What are you fools talking about?”

“Yeah, do it!”

So… I healed the Demon King.

“What? This… this is Alicia’s power! I’d recognize it anywhere. How?”

“Do you have something capable of showing a person’s status?”

He pulled an orb out of his shadow. One just like the one we’d used shortly after being summoned. Then he tossed it to me. I caught it and showed my status.

Name: Alicia
Role: Goddess

“... she… she gave you her job? Why? Why would she do this? You’re just a human! I surrender. I give up. If you’re the one she chose… then, I’ll follow your lead. I’ll have the statues changed to -”

“No, no, don’t. Don’t change  her statues. I’d be way too embarrassed to have statues of me around.”

And thus, the world was saved, and I ended up being the true leader behind the throne of the Demon King. Unfortunately, while we were able to find a way to return my friends all back home (at least the ones who wanted to, a few liked it here since they were famous heroes and very popular), I was not allowed to go back.

“You’re the goddess, this world is yours! You can’t go to another world!”

*sigh* At least I’m treated well. I really miss my computer though.

5