Chapter 9. Planning Death.
192 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---Tsume's P.O.V---

Bear-" Understood, Lady Uzumaki.

Bear left us in a flash, not even disturbing the air with his passage.

Kushina-" Jariya, Tsume, please follow me, I'd like your opinions on this matter.”

Watching Kushina take charge reminded me of the power, authority, and respect she commanded. Despite all of that, she was so lost in action she had forgotten all about my son in her arms, but that didn't bother me at all. Looking at her frazzled hair. Her slightly disheveled clothes and dilated pupils told me all I needed to know. My perfect son has laid his claws into her, just as I knew he would, but was she aware of it? Was he aware of it? Does he know what he is doing?

Jariya and I followed her into the Command tent where she promptly kicked everyone who was inside out.

Kushina-" Jariya, could you please place some seals on the tent to prevent anyone from hearing us."

The way she ordered it, short and concise, before she even turned around and took a seat, was phrased like a question, but we both knew it was not.

Jariya-" You want to block the Byakugan as well?"

Kushina-" Yes, that would be wise."

I watched Jariya, without complaint, readying to do his job. Leaving me with nothing to do, so I cleared the table as Kushina sat down, and I began making some tea. All the while watching how Kushina subconsciously held my son far too close to her chest. How her eyes kept glancing at him with longing desire she shouldn't have. That action of hers prodded my fragile heart making me irrationally angry. Which of course she noticed.

Kushina-" Oh, ohhh! I'm so sorry Tsume, here is your son back! I was so comfortable with him in my arms I zoned out completely, forgive me."

I took the sleeping ball of cuteness into my arms gratefully, feeling my anger subside. While admiring his chubby face and soft cheeks, I replied to Kushina.

Tsume-" All is forgiven Kushina, Did he eat well?"

I could hear the telltale sign of paper tearing and silent tears flowing onto the ground as Jariya had the sudden realization that his son was getting more action than he was. I ignored the fool, focusing on Kushina's reaction to what would normally be an innocuous question.

Kushina-" Y-Yes, he ate well. He must have worn himself out, he fell asleep while feeding."

The way Kushina blushed up a storm and pulled her arms around her chest as if reliving a memory showed me that she was well aware of his talents.

Jariya-" It's done."

Jariya's voice came from behind me as he attempted to take a seat next to me. but a stern glare from me stopped him in his tracks, opting to sit beside Kushina instead.

Kushina-" Well, you all heard what we are dealing with. Any suggestions?"

Tsume-" Can't we simply redirect the civilians?'“

Kushina-" Maybe, but that would increase the likelihood of the cloud nins capturing some of them. They would rather get the children, but I know for a fact that they have no qualms about taking the women prisoner and raping them repeatedly. Even the men could end up with such a fate, being used as breeding stock. The potential combination Jutsus the cloud could unleash with dedicated ice-style users represents a large threat. We cannot allow them to fall into the cloud's hands, or a war in ten or twenty years could be far more deadly."

Tsume-" So we must ensure the cloud nin's failure, and I assume we must do so without our involvement being reported."

Jariya-" Why don't we take them in ourselves and simply play stupid when the cloud makes accusations? "

Kushina-" The elders would never allow an outside clan, even if they are devoid of any actual ninjas. They would fear that the assimilation of a new clan and the politics involved would lessen their political pull. Not to mention it defeats the entire purpose of not being noticed. The cloud will start playing the same game, and it'll lead to war. A war that if I may remind you, just finished.”

Tsume-" We could wipe them out. Leave nothing for the Cloud nins to kidnap, if we make it look like civil war casualties all the better."

Kushina-" Hmm, possibly, but that would hinge on there being Mist nins nearby who could have been the perpetrators. With any actual investigation, the Cloud nins will be able to figure out that there were none of them around who could have done so, leading to a more thorough investigation. Especially if they look for survivors. I won't hedge my bets on the cloud sending such incompetent teams.”

Jairya-" There is only one way to ensure that the cloud nins fail in capturing the bloodline. The clan must perish."

Tsume-" Even the babies? That doesn't sit well with me..."

I look down at Kiba in my arms and the thought of him being killed for nothing more than what he is, terrifies me to no end.

Jariya-" About the kids... There is an obscure law that allows shinobi to adopt, and rescue children into their village. This was made during the wars by the Second to prevent unneeded deaths and bolster our ranks. The only issue is that they must be three years of age or younger. This way, we could bring in the kids without issue from the council because the law is clear on the matter. It would also be years, likely a decade before the cloud nins ever discover their existence. At that point, their existence wouldn't be an issue.

Kushina-" That is actually a really good idea. What if we make contact with them? Do you think we could have them willingly part with the children if it means their children's survival?"

Jariya-" And do what? Tell them they are being hunted by not just their own village but by another as well? We would look like monsters trying to take advantage of their time of need, and they would never trust us to raise them properly."

Tsume-" We are monsters. The right thing to do is to take them all in. They are refugees, not soldiers. The unfortunate solution is simple. We blitz them, kill their parents and the older kids, then have a Yamanaka erase the children's memories of the event, and adopt them out."

Kushina-" No need for something so traumatic. We have an Aburame in the Anbu. Let us just have him use his bugs to put them all to a deep painless sleep. We can then take the children under the guise of a lucky coincidence when only they wake up and we find them. We can also cremate the bodies to remove any traces of toxins. We can even use the recovered scrolls to transport them should we need to. There should be more than enough for the few children who will meet the criteria."

Tsume-" How many children at that age anyways Jariya?"

Jariya-" Hmm, Three, maybe four. I can't be sure. I know one looks like a newborn. Two slightly older twin girls who are still being carried in diapers, and one girl who might be a little overaged. The rest are far too old."

Tsume-" If we are going to do this, we are not half-assing it, just to save whatever remains of our conscience. I'll take in one of the kids myself. Seeing as how I'll be off duty until Kiba joins the academy, and the support I'll be receiving for Kiba's sacrifice, another child won't be an issue for me. The others, however, had better find loving homes. I won't tolerate dumping them off into the orphanage just because we can't cope with taking their lives. They need to be in loving homes that can teach them their heritage when the time comes."

Kushina-" I couldn't agree more. Naruto could use a sibling. I'll take in the newborn."

Jariya-" You think Minato would allow that?"

Kushina-"He will if he knows what's good for him. And I can always forge the documents and make it look like I adopted the child from the orphanage. It'll be great P.R. for the new Hokage and our family image, once it comes out because, of course, it will come out."

Jariya-" Red-haired devil." Jariya muttered under his breath

Tsume-" Getting what you want and spinning it, so that it benefits you, that's clever Kushina."

Jariya-" What about the two twins?"

Kushina-" Biwako, and Hiruzen. I know for a fact that Biwako has been pinning for grandchildren that are far from happening, and while they may not be of her blood, she won't turn down a set of twins. The children are girls that she never had, and with Hiruzen, now recently retired, the timing is perfect. Twins make great team ninjas, and Hiruzen can teach them better than anyone. On the off chance she refuses, the Yamanaka's, or the Akimichi could be a good fit.

Jariya-" So I'm not even considered?"

Kushina & Tsume-"Hell no!"

7