Chapter Four – THE THIEF OF INFLABLES!
709 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is my sixth birthday. I'm at my birthday party which is in the backyard, no way in the front yard. Drum roll..... Bad joke sorry.

Mum already knows that I graduated from elementary school so this party turned into a graduation-birthday type of party. To tell you the truth she did a great job with the preparations, for starters, there is an inflatable... I MEAN A FUCKING INFLATABLE GAME!

In my other life, I never had one at any of my parties, so I ended up hogging it and became what I vowed to destroy: I'm the girl who won't let anyone get on it.

Remember the girl who was supposed to be my age? Well, let's just say that the chance to be friends was forgotten. I'd be upset too if they pushed me off the slide saying I'm not worthy of this power because it comes with great responsibility.

'I hope I haven't inflicted copyright, I'm sorry Uncle Ben.'

- "Mum!" - The little girl named Lily aka Miss Unworthy began to cry.

'I've got to stop creating aliases for people.'

- "Love, don't worry, I'm sure she was just playing, right, Elise?"

- "Yeah sure, you know how kids are, she's excited about the game. I'll talk to her."

'My time has come, it was good while it lasted, hopefully, Hera will accept me by her side.'

- "Martha, my darling, my sugar-filled heaven."

Shit, she is annoyed. - "Yes Mommy dear," - I shouted from the inflatable, I'm not crazy enough to come down.

- "Wasn't what you said to Lily just a joke?"

- "This... Well..." - Have you ever felt that shiver down your back, that tells you to shut up but you keep talking?

- "I hear you, honey."

- "Well... Of course, It is Ha... Ha, I was just playing it's not like she's not worthy of playing here on MY inflatable it was just a joke to break the ice."

Her look was one of 'When everyone leaves, you'll see what a joke is'. - "Glad to hear it, now Lily come on in and have fun. Besides Martha looks tired maybe she should go downstairs and mingle with the others," - She smiled at me saying it was an order, not a suggestion.

- "Thank you! Martha have fun with the others, I'll wait for you so we can play!"

I know she doesn't mean it but that sounded mocking and mean. Inflatable thief! Where I come from they'll take away your candy bags for that kind of thing.

- "Yes, of course," - I said sarcastically, - "See you later."

- "Now go and say hello to the other kids."

- "The others are older than me. What am I supposed to talk to them about? Maths or chemistry?"

- "Put your sarcasm aside and play together. Remember to make friends."

- "I wasn't being sarcastic, I was serious about my question. Maybe I'll help them with their homework."

- "But they should just be looking at fractions!"

- "That's why I'm thinking about their future!"

Maybe we should cut down on the shouting, the parents gave me a dirty look. And like the mature person in a girl's body that I am, I stuck my tongue out at them and ran off with the older boys.

- "Hello!" - I greeted the little ones.

- "Hello..." - Said a boy with tousled black hair and overalls, you can tell he was shy but he was so adorable.

- "Hello!" - Said another equally as enthusiastic as me, he has red hair and wears clothes that surely only those who live in the Condesa wear (those who are from Mexico will understand).

- "Hello midget." - Lastly, a boy with brown hair in normal clothes. I don't care what he wears.

- "I'm not a midget, I'm just not fully developed." - I pouted.

- "You're shorter than the girl who is 'unworthy'."

- "It's not my fault that my dad looks like an umpalumpa and that by a quirk of fate, I inherited his height." - The three of them began to laugh as they looked at me. - "What are your names?"

- "My name is Elliot." - Said the one who called me a midget.

- "I'm Noah." - That was Mr. Carrot.

- "Um... I'm Harriet." - Said the black-haired boy.

- "You guys are funny, except the one who called me a midget. Do you want to be my friends?" - The three of them turned to look at each other in surprise, I don't think it's normal for a 6-year-old to ask if they want to be friends. In my defense, I'm 21 so...

- "Don't you prefer the girl you were with," - Asked Harriet.

- "No, she's too boring and an inflatable thief." - They laughed again. - "So, friends?"

- "That's fine with me, you're funny, you little midget." - I frowned.

- "I... Yes, I want to be your friend."

- "If my brother accepts, so do I." - Noah said.

- "Wait, who and who are brothers?" - None of them look alike.

- "Harriet and I are siblings and we've known Elliot since we were kids."

- "Well, that's a surprise. Anyway..." - Before anyone else could say anything I rushed forward to hug the three of them, sealing our friendship.

I spent the rest of the party with them, joking and getting to know each other as well as stealing a piece of my cake to eat hidden under the table. I even gave them 2 extra bags of sweets each. I promised to invite them over to play another day, and from what I heard mum is best friends with their mums so we would see more of each other! While I only gave Lily one bag of sweets, it's my spanky revenge.

But later I felt bad and gave her two extra... Chicken Heart On.

Mum completely forgot about the inflatable situation and said she was sorry for another day so I could enjoy it tomorrow. She also congratulated me on getting friends I think she cried with happiness.

Come to think of it... In some fanfics, rayis has twins or brothers as best friends and in the end, one of them falls in love with her or is gay. Well, that doesn't matter, I'm glad I met them.

- "Daughter, I'm going to sleep now. I'm not going to work tomorrow so we'll spend the day together."

- "Yeah, get some rest. I love you."

- "Don't sleep late, I know you and Emily tells me when you don't sleep."

- "Emily traitor." - I whispered.

"I'm sorry Miss, but your health is my priority." - Said the AI from Mum's phone.

- "Good night." - She kissed me goodnight and went straight to her room.

.

- "Emily, we will continue working on the prototypes today."

"Yes, miss."

- "Besides, I've been thinking about the infinity gems."

"You mean what happens in 2018?"

- "Yeah, I was thinking about how I wouldn't want Tony to die, I need to find a way to get the gems out of him before he snaps."

"But for that, you'd have to be present at Endgame."

- "I know... It's just a thought, but if I could get them off and do the snap myself, that would be good. I need to talk to someone who has a gem in their possession."

"Like who, miss?"

- "Ancestral."

"That name is not in my records miss."

- "That's because I don't remember much about the Doctor Strange movie, but I do remember the important stuff. I need to talk to her if only to find out if there is a way for me to get the gems at the last minute."

"Could you tell me more about that movie? I'll add the information to the virtual diary."

- "I just know that Ancestral dies, Mordo one of his most faithful apprentices turns evil, and Stephen Strange becomes the ultimate Wizard? And protector of the time gem. And that he stays to live in the sanctuary in New York to protect it."

"Updating data."

- "After we meet her, which I hope will happen before 2010, I will ask her about each gem to gather information."

"Why before then?"

- "That's because when in Endgame they go back in time, Doctor Banner/Hulk visits her to take the time gem. I mustn't meet him or it could all go to hell."

I know from most Fanfics that the fact that I exist from the beginning here does not affect the dimension, nor time itself as I am not an external agent to this dimension. This is a point in my favor, plus I would like to get to know it, I can learn a lot from Ancestral.

"I understand, I'm sorry but it's already late tomorrow you can continue building the prototypes. By the way, the plan for the company is already taking shape".

- "I'll continue tomorrow then. What happened with that?"

"You see I have found some science and technology competitions that you could enter, the cash prize is high and it also includes a school scholarship. So you'll be able to study and get important connections."

- "I see, I'll talk to Mum tomorrow so I can take part in them. In the meantime get some rest Emily and don't forget your safety protocols."

"Good night Martha."

- "Goodnight."

Once I finished talking to Emily I lay down on my bed thinking about everything that had happened today. I have new friends who I'm sure will last me a lifetime and who I will protect from everything, my mother is so precious to me that I don't care what I have to do to keep her safe and finally I'm 6 years old now and everything is going well. I have nothing to worry about, from tomorrow my business plan and the sentinels will become one of my priorities while I will enjoy my family.

I didn't reincarnate in another world to focus on the future I must enjoy the now. And meet people, and live a "normal" childhood as far as I can, after all that's what I am a normal girl.

34