Chapter Three – The Beginning of the Future
754 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a few months since our visit to the doctor aka Mr. Marquee Front, after arriving home I started reading several books I downloaded from the Internet. Several of them were about technology and computers, except for the one about the little prince... I couldn't resist the temptation.

Mom decided to leave me without a babysitter since she thought it was a useless expense for her prodigy daughter, so taking advantage of the time I had left alone I started to build a small artificial intelligence which I called Emily to remind me who I was.

At first, I suffered several incidents, one in which I almost ended up without eyebrows and another where I almost burned the kitchen, but nothing to worry about, in the end, I managed to finish Emily and now she helps me to get information about Shield.

Simi Sr. was able to infiltrate their system, why can't I? Besides I modified a few data of my history more than anything so that if someday they think of looking for me it won't be so easy for them.

Tony's abduction, resulting in Iron Man, happened a month ago.

FLASHBACK

- "It can't be..." - Mom was crying her eyes out as we watched the news.

- "Billionaire Anthony Stark is currently missing after presenting his new project to the media and the military. The Jericho missiles, which are considered highly dangerous, are believed to be linked to a terrorist organization.

Meanwhile, Stark Industries representative Obadia Stain has decided not to speak to the press after his disappearance was reported.

The feds say they are doing everything possible to locate the Stark Industries wunderkind.

"We want to make it clear that Mr. Stark's case is our priority at this time and we are doing everything possible to locate his whereabouts. To all people we say, Anthony Stark will be brought home safe and sound."

- "Those were the words of James Rhodey, a member of the military and an acquaintance of Mr. Stark's at the last press conference."

- "Mom, don't worry, they'll find him." - I try to cheer her up.

- "I know, daughter, your father is not a man who gives up easily and he will not let us rest from his pleasant presence." - She said as she smiled sadly at me.

- "Obviously, I still have to show him what he missed, don't I?"

- "You are right, he still has to realize what he missed."

After that Mom and I started laughing and forgetting about the news.

END OF FLASHBACK

Currently Stark must be working on the first armor or unconscious due to his operation with the car battery included. But I don't worry too much, I know he'll get out of there. What makes me sad is that Yingsen will die in that cave, but it's not like I can do anything either.

Forgetting the sad and moving on...

Emily has become my connection to the outside world as I said before she has helped me get information from SHIELD such as about the Capsicle, the black and white copy of Arrow, the one-eyed pirate thanks to a cat, and last but not least the girl who changes her appearance in every avenger's movie from redhead to blonde. In addition to information about the Tesseract, I also got information about the wizard and the little spider. Who are currently of no relevance whatsoever.

- "Daughter, tomorrow is your birthday. I invited some friends for you to meet them and they are bringing their children, so please don't say anything out of line."

- "I am offended that you think that of me. Do you think I enjoy the suffering of others?"

She just looks at me as if to say 'I gave birth to you, I know you better than I know my menstrual cycle'.

- "Okay, okay, I get it. But at least tell me how old they are."

- "Some are older than you by 2 years, only one girl is your age."

- "Emily is better company than people." - Yes, Mom knows I have an AI and she is my best friend #ForeverAlone.

- "You need flesh and blood friends, I esteem Emi too but I'm sure she agrees with me that you need to live with people your age."

"Your mother is right. Miss, I love you too, but interpersonal relationships might help you in the future." - Said the AI from my mother's phone.

- "I told you." - She smiled mockingly.

I just pouted and ran to the kitchen to start eating.

- "Just because you run away doesn't mean I'll forget the conversation. You are 5 years old, you have to have fun and enjoy your childhood."

- "Firs I um goin to ave fn wit yu."

- "First swallow and then you talk. You're spitting food in my face."

I swallowed. - "I said I do enjoy it because I have a lot of fun with you."

- "I like spending time with you too, I love you but I won't be by your side all the time."

- "... This conversation became dark with your comment" - I said with a grimace.

- "It's the truth, you need to live experiences that you won't live with me." - Sigh. - "Just give them a chance, will you?"

- "Okay, but don't make half-dead bunny eyes. I'm the girl, not you."

- "Listen to me, I look pretty young for my age."

I slowly leave the table and go straight to my room, I can't tell her that her crow's feet are already showing.

- "I'm still young!" - She shouted from the kitchen.

- "Of course, you are, you're all sponge cake fresh out of the homo" - I laughed at my compliment.

Back in my room Emi and I started prototyping, to get cash and create my company.

"Miss, do you want us to go on about last time?"

- "About the book of my memories?"

"Yes, I remind you that you told me that it needs to be updated every day."

- "You're right, even though so far the story is starting to follow its course, I can't rely on it being like this forever. Besides, it's good to keep some situations in mind."

"So, anything to add?"

- "Yes, update our progress on the prototypes and create a plan to start working on our future company. I also need to study my high school subjects at once, last month we finished elementary school. Does Mom already know that I finished elementary school?"

"No, I haven't told her yet. Do you want me to call her and let her know?"

- "No, it's better tomorrow at the party, today she has to rest, after all, she has a lot of accumulated fatigue from her work."

"As you wish."

- "Tomorrow we continue working, it's already late and I have to get up early."

"Good night, Miss."

- "Don't forget to change your codes, update your system, check your security system, and copy your interface to the Internet." - I said as I lay down on my bed and was about to fall asleep.

"Martha I still don't understand why you want me to have a copy of me hidden on the net."

- "I told you, I won't commit the same mistake as him, I'm not willing to lose you Emi. When Ultron happens, because it must happen Jarvis will flee to the net. You must see to it that nothing changes in history."

"Miss, from what you find in my data Ultron is evil and that triggers the death of several innocent people including the individual known as Speedy Gonzales."

I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

- "I know." - I said trying not to laugh at the nickname.

"Shouldn't we try to save those people, the families of Sokovia and that girl's brother?"

- "I already have a plan for that, by that time I must be more or less about 12 or 14 years old. The sentinels will already exist and the company the same, we will send them to evacuate people in a way that no one realizes that we are us, a day before the events of Age of Ultron to some shelters in the next city. And with that maybe we can avoid the death of Mr. Gonzales and with that, the hatred and fear towards the heroes will diminish."

"I see, but aren't you afraid that something will go wrong?"

- "Everything can go wrong, I know... That's why from tomorrow we will start planning our strategy. Although it sounds bad I don't plan to avoid the settlements, that's the breaking point for Thanos' arrival and if I change anything, everything can get worse. I'd like to avoid Tony having panic attacks or Cap fighting his best friend... But these are things that must happen and I'm not looking to be the hero or an ally I'm just looking to live my life as peacefully as possible."

"You have a very heavy burden miss."

- "I honestly thought you would tell me that I am selfish for not helping them with what I know."

"I don't consider you selfish, because even without wanting to get involved with your father or the heroes you are doing your best to help."

- "I guess you are right. Thanks for supporting me, once we get to 2010 things will get worse we will have more work, but for now I will enjoy that tomorrow I turn 6 years in this world and 21 years of mental 'life'."

"Rest Miss."

- "See you tomorrow Emi."

33