Chapter Five – QUEENS!
677 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been exactly 3 months since my birthday, 4 months since Tony Stark's kidnapping, 1 week since Iron Man's birth, and 2 days since I got stomach poisoning from eating too many sweets behind my mother's back.

I CURSE YOU CHOCOLATE, WHY ARE YOU SO DELICIOUS AND SO LETHAL AT THE SAME TIME?!

Thanks to that I realized that time goes by so fast when you live in a fanfic now I understand why the writers after Chapter Two put "7 years later".

In the last few months, my relationship with the boys went from friends to best friends Harry, Noah, and Elliot hung out at my house, it was like their second home. We even had sleepovers and the occasional prank on my mother, I was the only one who ended up being punished. Because no matter how high a person's IQ is when you run away from the scene of the crime and stumble upon your mother's favorite potted plant, killing her favorite flower no place in the world can hide you from your parent's wrath, it's like she smells fear!

Also the day after my 6th birthday I told my mother that I wanted to participate in technology competitions, she was unsure at first because of my age but in the end, Emily and I managed to convince her and so far I have won 4 competitions.

At this point, we were on our way to Queens where a robotics competition was taking place where I would be presenting my babies.

- "Martha, are you sure you want to present them this time," - Asked my mother looking worried.

- "Of course, I know I'm going to attract a lot of attention but I've been working on them for months and they deserve to see the sunlight."

- "I trust you. But I still don't understand why you called them Iron Sentinels."

- "Well, I liked the name plus the fact that they were created for the protection of people. They are robots made for security."

- "You're 6 years old, and you're already thinking about security and protection for the world?"

- "It's never too late to do it, plus with them, I can protect the people I love like you and the kids."

- "Awww I love you with all my heart," - She shouted as she squeezed me in a hug.

"We made it Miss."

- "Thank you Emi." - I recently created a headset with a microphone so Emily could accompany me and my mum anywhere mostly so she knows the outdoors.

- "Well, let's go inside, love."

- "Yes."

Before I could continue on my way I bumped into a little brown-haired boy. It's a good thing I didn't have my invention because if I had dropped it this kid would have two less tooth and 20 dollars in his pocket.

- "I'm sorry about that." - He smiled at me.

- "Don't worry, I was distracted too."

- "Little boy, are you all right?" - My mother bent down to look at him.

- "Um... Yes, of course, don't worry." - 'This boy reminds me of someone.'

- "Peter, I told you not to stray a thousand miles away," - A woman shouted, running towards us.

- "Sorry, I just got excited," - He said, blushing and looking sideways at us, - "You've seen all the inventions there are!"

She sighed. - "Yes, Peter I have, but you have to be careful."

Meanwhile Mum and I kept quiet, she because she didn't want to get in the way of the scolding, it's not even a scolding. And me well because in front of me was PETER PARKER, QUEENS SPIDERMAN'S FRIENDLY NEIGHBOUR!

- "Ahh, hello" - Peter's aunt says hello.

- "Nice to meet you..."

- "May"

- "Pleasure May, I'm Elise." - They both shook hands.

- "I'm Martha, nice to meet you."

- "Are you also coming to watch the contest," - Asked Peter's aunt.

- "No, actually my daughter is a contestant."

Peter looked at me in amazement. - "Wow, you look too small to enter a college pageant."

- "I'm 6 years old." - The sexy-young-bodied aunt and he just stared at us with their mouths open.

- "You're great!" - Peter squealed. His little eyes began to sparkle with intensity. - "What's your invention about?"

- "When we get inside you'll find out."

"Miss, you must go in now. The contest will start in a few minutes."

- "I think we should go in, I need to sort out a few last details," - I said to my mother.

- "You're right. It was nice to meet you."

- "We'll see you inside, too," - Said May.

- "Goodbye Peter. When you see my invention you will be surprised, I expect applause from you!" - I said to him as I waved goodbye and walked into the building.

- "Come on Peter, we have to go in too."

- "Did you see that Aunt May? She's only 6 years old and she even has her own inventions!"

- "Yes Peter, I was surprised too. She's so little but you can tell that whatever she's built she's put a lot of effort into it."

- "I can't wait to see her invention! And everyone else's!" - Peter shouted excitedly, running towards the entrance.

- "Peter, stop running!" - Aunt May ran after the hyperactive Parker.

Although on the outside I looked calm on the inside I was dying of nerves, I checked 6 times every sentry I brought. After all, I didn't want to end up with a robotic rebellion in the middle of the presentation cofSpoilercof Emily assured me that everything would be fine and that she would handle a part of the robots herself because yes, they have their protocols to follow but better to be safe than sorry.

The other inventions were in my opinion very basic like virtual reality glasses. Please, those already existed in my world and are better than yours!

There was another guy who came on stage presenting a battery that would never discharge and that could work with "clean energy" I say it that way because all he did was connect it to a potato so I don't understand how the hell he made the battery explode! How the hell do you explode a battery with a potato? It's illogical!

- "Next up was contestant number 10 Martha Chase with her invention entitled Iron Sentinels."

The applause was immediate, I turned to my mother who with a smile encouraged me to walk to the center of the stage. Emily in my ear also encouraged me.

- "Ahem... Hello!" - Several whispers started to be heard, I guess seeing a 6-year-old girl in a college contest was a bit surprising... Sarcasm.

- "Today I bring before you a proposal to help make the world a safer place. Have any of you thought about what if there were heroes around you ready to help you? I do. What I love most in this world is my family and friends. I don't want them to live in fear, so I decided to bring safety to them... I PRESENT TO YOU THE IRON SENTINELS!"

After saying that 2 robots the size of a child because of #LackofWakandianmetal and #Ispentmymoneyonsweets flew out of the corners of the stage towards me and landed softly on the stage with their eyes lit up... In the end, they did have a resemblance to Iron Man but only because of the face part.

- "What you see behind me are the first sentinels to be built, each one of them is up to date in rescue and lifesaving protocols, as well as medical care. They are made of a metal base that can withstand bullets and heavy blows, they also have cameras in their eyes to maintain surveillance and security wherever they are. Look at the screen on my back."

And just as I said, the screen showed live and direct what the sentinels were observing, I continued explaining for an hour the functioning of the sentinels as well as their materials.

Some people were not happy with their appearances, I just told them that this way they would not attract so much attention. I also made it clear that I was the only person capable of controlling them and that if they became a threat their codes would be eliminated resulting in their shutdown, I did this because of what happens in Age Of Ultron I don't know what that robot is capable of but I will not allow it to use my babies in any way and even less to transform them into something they are not.

In the audience, I noticed Peter excited and jumping in his seat next to Aunt May who watched in amazement at the presentation, when they noticed my look I smiled and winked.

- "Thank you all for your attention. Before I go, I want to make it clear that these guys behind my back are not just robots, they are my precious creations and they seek peace in this world just as I do."

At first, no one said anything, it was an intense silence until suddenly everyone began to applaud and shout congratulations to me, several people smiled at me, even the other contestants, they didn't seem upset or anything, they looked happy and that only made me happier.

I got off the stage amidst praise from the presenter and the applause still ringing out, suddenly Peter came running towards me in a very excited direction.

- "That was great, THEY WERE FLYING IN THE AIR!" - 'No, on earth.'

- "I'm glad you liked it, Peter! I was so nervous when I went up Haha" - I smiled at him.

- "Congratulations Martha, your invention is wonderful!" - May congratulated me.

- "Thank you, I've been working on them for months."

- "At least now you will sleep on your own time." - Said my mother whispering in my direction.

- "I would sleep for a whole month if I could. Thanks to the fact that I don't go to school, maybe I can."

- "You're not going to school?" - Peter asked between surprised and excited.

- "No, I finished primary school a few months ago and now I'm taking a break from school."

- "She's a very clever girl if you've finished primary school at this age." - May said smiling at my mother.

- "She is Hehe." - My mum scratched the back of her head in embarrassment at the praise.

- "And you Peter, how old are you? You still haven't told me your name or your age." - I asked, it would do me good to know how old he is even if I estimated him to be my age or maybe a year older.

- "That's right." - He laughed embarrassed. - "I'm six years old just like you and my name is Parker."

- "Now that I know your name, Peter Parker, would you like to be my friend?"

His aunt and my mother looked at us smiling even though they were a little bit away from us talking about recipes and getting to know each other.

Peter opened his mouth in amazement. - "I'd love to be your friend!"

- "From now on Peter and Martha will be the best friends ever." - I sang as I threw my arms around Peter.

The older woman continued talking for a while as did Peter and I, he told me about his uncle Ben and his family, school and well he even told me the color of his underwear by accident of course. By the way, it's red.

Between talks they announced the winner of the first place and as it is obvious Stark Egocentrism, I won. Several companies that were present during the presentation approached my mother and me offering us their cards to contact them.

The four of us decided to go for an ice cream and a walk in a nearby park, after all, it was still early to return and I wanted to get to know the future little spider better.

But still, not all is rosy in this world, and in one of the corners of the place I spotted a man known for having Captain America cards waiting to be signed in his locker.

SHIELD was there and I had caught their attention.

31