The Letter an Closure
15 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Ignited Flames

By TheManiacWithaCrazyImagination

Chapter 4

General P.O.V

The note that Touya had left at the front door of his family’s home was a letter. A letter that he hoped that will bring closure to his dysfunctional family.

Fuyumi P.O.V

Ever since Touya died Dad secluded himself from the rest of us. He didn’t continue shoto’s training and buried himself in hero work. All of us could see he was hurting; we all knew he blamed himself for Touya’s death. The only one in the household that could talk to him was mom, and that’s when he needed a shoulder to lean on.

Then one night when we were all asleep, I heard rustling from the front door. I got up from my futon and then put on my glasses. I walked through my bedroom’s door going through the living room opening the front door. I looked around to see nothing in sight. I looked down to see an envelope with a blue flame emblazed on it.

My eyes instantly widened as took the envelope inside and quickly double checked if I was seeing things correctly. On the envelope was a name that shouldn’t even be on the envelope.

It said in clear Japanese (since it’s Japan and not America but I digress),” From: Touya, To: Troublesome Family.” I teared up as my tears couldn’t stop from falling on to my favorite pajama shirt. I quickly got up and ran down the hallways of the house and into my little brothers’ room.

I exclaimed at the top of my lungs,” Nastuo! Shoto! wake up and follow me.” They jolted awake and Natsuo said in exhaustion,” what’s the ruckus about sis why did you wake us up?” I didn’t have time to explain to him about the letter, so I said,” It’s about Touya!” He immediately stood up and picked up 4-year-old shoto and we ran to mom and dad’s room.

We ran as fast as we could as we opened the door to see mom and dad at Touya’s shrine praying for him. They looked at us confused and dad said,” aren’t you guys supposed to be sleeping?” I just raised the envelope in my hands and the looked at it shocked. Then dad looked at me serious,” where did you find that?” I responded with me gesturing to the front door that was barely visible in the darkness of the hallways. Dad just looked at me and said,” give me the envelope Fuyumi, let me read it out loud.”

Dear troublesome family of mine,

If you guys are reading this just to ease the pain of me getting burnt to a crisp, I’m still alive and well. As well as I can be looking like a burnt chicken nugget. Don’t get your hopes up I’m not coming back home until I finish what I’ve been building since after the fire.

We looked at each other with newfound hope. We were still sad that he was not going to come back but it was comforting to know that he was still alive. Dad looked down at the letter and continued reading it.

Dad, stop ignoring the rest of the family. It was not your fault but mine that I decided to do what I did. Also train the others too, I’m sure that all of us want to be heroes not just me and shoto.

Dad looked at me and Natsuo for confirmation of that statement. We both looked at each other and nodded. I looked at dad and said,” What Touya said was true.” Natsuo then added,” but we didn’t say it because u were neglecting us and not trying to train us.” Dad just hummed in thought then said,” From now and going forward I’m going to train you two along with shoto.”

Our eyes widened and then we listened as Dad continued to read the letter Touya left behind for us.

Mom, all I want to say to you is that I love you. And I regret when I attacked you and shoto. I was jealous and thought that I was being replaced.

Fuyumi, shoto, Natsuo, know that if you’re worried that I hated you than this big brother of yours is sorry if I did anything to suggest that.

Ok, with that sappy shit done and sorry mom for my language.

We all just laughed at that as mom looked at the paper with venom. It was scary how she looked and then she said with a smile,” When you come back home, we’ll start with cleaning that mouth of yours.” As she said this, we all felt a cold shiver run down our spines. Dad coughed as he continued with reading out the letter.

Next time you see me I’ll be behind that door waiting for it to be open. With that said I can finally leave you guys without something breaking down.

Sincerely, your burnt chicken nugget of an older brother and son

Touya Todoroki

General P.O.V

When Enji ended reading, he looked at his family with open eyes. How beautiful his wife and daughter were, the strength behind Natsuo’s grey eyes, and shoto’s bright smile filled with joy and happiness. How could I have looked at this family as nothing more than tools for his ambitions.

He could not feel more shameful as he cried and hugged his family. They were shocked at his outburst of emotions as he cried. “I’m sorry.” He said as he looked down at the shocked faces of his family,” I’m sorry for being a sorry excuse for a father and husband.”

They were all to shocked and emotionally tired to notice someone in the shadows as he smiled. The person looked at the family one last time and said,” goodbye guys, see ya on the other side.” And with that he vanished leaving a small trail of blue flames.


Author’s Note: Thank you for reading my fanfiction. I’m sorry for the delayed upload as there was an emergency that took place at my normal upload time. This emergency also gave me time to create of few more chapters than usual. Anyway, leave some comments or complaints so I can fix my writing in the future.

And with that said this is TheManiacWithaCrazyImagination signing off.

2