Chapter 215: An Undesired Reunion
1.4k 7 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Due to recent events, Yoruichi became more cautious when returning to the dormitory. Even without the Kyōka Suigetsu, Aizen had a stronghold on the Soul Society, not to mention he knew her secret identity.

The former assassin had firsthand witnessed the results of carelessness. Another mistake might just lead to the death of everyone around her. In the past, she wouldn’t have particularly cared about this outcome. However, after making many bonds with Kazuya, Momo, Toshiro, and many nice Arrancar ladies? Nope, the cat loving Shinigami didn’t plan to leave numerous sad faces in her wake.

‘Heh. I’m becoming more like him.’

She found the prospect of one event having such a drastic effect both strange and amusing. Then again, the event altered her life, giving her the powers of beings she used to purify, as well as a second entity inside her soul.

A mass of bear-like aggression packed in the form of raw feline instincts.

Having such thoughts in her mind, she safely returned to the dorm room, which was practically vacant for the time being.

‘Shiro is having himself some nice dinner.’

The thought of dinner made her crave the milky white elixir. Knowing that Kazuya would visit Isane and Rangiku before returning, Yoruichi decided to go out to get some milk.

‘Or I can take some from the cafeteria.’

Every cat had undeniable sovereignty over milk in three realms, and her cat form was no exception. Nobody could stop her from taking what was rightfully hers!

So Yoruichi headed towards the cafeteria and indulged in a feast of creamy milk to her heart’s content.

When she returned to the dorm, a familiar face awaited her outside Kazuya’s room — her successor in the 2nd Squad.

‘Did she come for Kazuya?’

Curious, she strolled to Soi Fon’s side and pointed at the door. “Meow.”

Soi Fon looked down at Yoruichi, her brows furrowing. “Do you want me to open the door?”

“Meow.”

Soi Fon placed a hand on the door and slowly pushed it. Just as Yoruichi was about to enter, Soi Fon pulled her hand back and kneeled down, reaching for Yoruichi’s cat ears.

Yoruichi darted back and hissed, unwilling to let even her former disciple touch her.

Soi Fon chuckled. “From mastering the art of assassination to mastering the art of shapeshifting into a cat… you are really something, Yoruichi-sama.”

Yoruichi’s golden eyes widened. Lowering her head, she cursed Kazuya for giving Soi Fon such a massive hint about her presence in the Soul Society. “Meow…?”

“I wasn’t completely sure it was you until I saw you and Kazuya’s interactions in the Assembly Hall. Your form may have changed but your black pupils… they dilated to the same degree whenever you were happy. Your disguise can fool everyone in this world but not me.”

Yoruichi couldn’t help but feel goosebumps. Kazuya wasn’t lying about Soi Fon’s unfettered obsession with her. It was unsettling, far worse than the thing Momo had for Kazuya. “Soi Fon, what the hell do you want from me?”

Unwilling to hear more strange details about herself, Yoruichi practically confessed her identity.

Hearing Yoruichi’s smooth voice made Soi Fon’s eyes glisten with moisture. “Yoruichi-sama…”

Yoruichi pushed open the door and hopped on the bed. Soi Fon followed her inside and locked the door shut, keeping everyone from the upcoming discussion.

Yoruichi narrowed her eyes. “Soi Fon, I’m tagging along with Kazuya to see his true potential. Can you keep my identity secret?”

Yoruichi hadn’t lied to Soi Fon; she had made the decision to stay and witness the extraordinary heights Kazuya could achieve under her guidance, even after her mission in the Soul Society was complete.

Soi Fon crossed her arms, her passion igniting in her gaze. “Yoruichi-sama, you are an exile. You being here gives every Shinigami the right to apprehend you. It’s up to you whether you want to die as a warrior or rot in Central Great Underground Prison for centuries.”

The once timid little girl who always followed Yoruichi now stood up against her master, determined to fulfill her duty. Yoruichi frowned and took a good look at Soi Fon. Her previous interpretation of Soi Fon’s motive changed upon noticing the burning fire in Soi Fon’s eyes.

Her dear disciple from the century past wanted revenge against her, to come out of her predecessor’s shadows and seize the title of the best Onmitsukidō Leader and the best Captain of the 2nd Squad.

Yoruichi laughed out loud. “The duty is just a facade for your true intention, my dear.”

Soi Fon clenched her fists before pointing a finger at Yoruichi. “My motives don’t matter as long as I act by the law. And the law decreed you as a criminal long ago.”

Yoruichi tilted her head. “Heh, I accept your challenge. I’ll remind you why I was the master, and you were the disciple.”

She swiftly darted out of the window, her black figure flickering from one building to another. Soi Fon had previously engaged in a martial arts battle with Kazuya, but Yoruichi doubted she would use the same tactics against her. Therefore, their fight couldn’t take place at the academy, as their powerful spiritual energy would disrupt the order there.

Soi Fon followed Yoruichi using her own Shunpo, placing full trust in her former mentor to keep her word. Instead of moving away from the Seireitei, Yoruichi led them deeper into it. 

Yoruichi finally stopped in the depths of a forest, where a set of extensive stairs led to a temple-like structure.

“Yoruichi-sama, why did you come here?”

Soi Fon was puzzled at Yoruichi’s decision to lead her into her home-ground — the lavish barracks of the 2nd Squad — where she could call upon reinforcements any time.

Yoruichi bared her fangs. “To get my old attire. You wanna fight me naked?”

Soi Fon’s eyes widened before her cheeks flushed. Coughing, she looked away. “Not like it will change anything.”

Yoruichi rolled her eyes at Soi Fon’s response.

59