Chapter 22: Responsibility
6.2k 8 281
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kazuya flexed his arms. The strengthening of his muscles by Oppression was still present and would remain until he used Oppression again to lower the density of his muscles.

He looked at Dordoni. “How will Baraggan respond when he gets today’s report?”

“Depending on his mood… In the best-case scenario — he sends more Espada. The worst-case scenario — he sends more Espada.”

“Huh? What’s the difference in the best and worst scenarios then? The orders he gives to Espadas?”

Dordoni grinned. “You wouldn’t want to know the worst orders.”

“I won’t ask then. Let’s start.”

“I was about to say the same, Niño.”

Kazuya charged recklessly. Dordoni roared like a ferocious beast, and his Reiatsu swelled to nearly its peak. More tornadoes emerged from his armor pieces, bird heads attached to their ends.

Dordoni launched kicks and punches from a distance. The bird-headed wind creatures mimicked his movements and struck Kazuya. The assault flung Kazuya towards the ground. Using his wings, he steadied himself and assessed his chest. Apart from superficial cuts, he had sustained no significant injuries.

‘This method is brilliant for improving my defense.’

Dordoni widened his eyes. “Even an Arrancar’s Hierro is cut upon contact with my razor-sharp wind. What kind of technique are you using to protect your body, Niño? Why are your clothes unharmed?”

“My clothes are special.”

His shirt and jeans had remained the same since he arrived in this world, apart from being stained with his blood. He had used Reiatsu to clean the shirt time and time again, but its durability couldn’t be denied.

“I see, Niño.”

Following their strange exchange, the two resumed exchanging blows. Unable to penetrate the multitude of cyclones, Kazuya opted to launch Cero Rays from a distance.

Battered and bruised, Dordoni persistently countered Kazuya’s every attack, his wind cyclones playing a big part in keeping Kazuya away from melee range and stopping the Cero Rays. However, he couldn't keep it up indefinitely. Eventually, his ability depleted his Reiryoku, and his Resurrección deactivated.

Although Dordoni had gained a substantial amount of Reiryoku after becoming an Arrancar, he couldn't match Kazuya's absurd efficiency and monstrous rate of Reiryoku recovery. His endurance was unmatched among the Vasto Lorde Class — the main reason for his rapid improvement in the last month.

Kazuya smirked. “We’re on an even field now.”

Dordoni held his katana with a purple hilt and drew a cross in the air. “Not even close, Niño. Your spatial awareness is subpar. You can hardly distinguish between a feint and a genuine attack. And you’re pathetic at concealing your intent. In short, Ninoo, you are solely lacking in experience compared to a veteran Espada such as I.”

Kazuya's lips lifted in amusement. "Apologies for being so young. I wouldn't choose to be a one-month-old Vasto Lorde if I had the option."

“One month?! Niño is only one month old? That’s impossible. It takes decades to go from a Gillian to an Adjuchas… unless you’re one of those.”

“Natural born Vasto Lorde? Indeed, I am one of those anomalies.”

“No fucking wonder you could beat the crap out of Cirucci. She never stood a chance against someone of your potential.”

With a chuckle, Kazuya unleashed a sonic boom, instantly appearing in front of Dordoni. The playful Arrancar didn't hesitate to slash at Kazuya's neck with his chipped katana. Kazuya reached out, seizing the blade with his bare hands. The metal bit into his palm but couldn't sever it entirely.

Blood oozed down like a crimson waterfall. His regeneration tried to heal his wound, but the katana stuck in his palm made it impossible to do so. He had the blessing of the pain resistance skill, otherwise, the pain would force him into a pitiful state.

"Niño," Kazuya called Dordoni with a wicked grin as a blue Reiatsu surged from his wounded hand. "Say goodbye to your Zanpakutō."

Before Dordoni snatched away his Zanpakutō, Kazuya activated his Aspect of Death.

An Arrancar’s Zanpakutō embodied their Hollow powers from before they became an Arrancar. It also sealed away their Hollow attribute, allowing them to attain human-like emotions.

One could argue that an Arrancar's Zanpakutō held equal or perhaps more importance for a Hollow than it did for a Shinigami.

Despite Zanpakutō's extraordinary capabilities, the katana clutched in Kazuya's hand was a physical object. With the power of Oppression, he could manipulate any physical matter, as long as he understood its nature or brute force it with immense Reiryoku.

As Kazuya tightened his grip on the katana, the entire blade cracked before snapping in two.

Dordoni stood frozen, clutching the hilt. After a tense moment of silence, he lowered his head. “I should have been more cautious after I saw you fooling Cirucci.”

Dordoni fell victim to his own veteran experience. A true warrior would cut down their enemy without hesitation. That very impulse led to the demise of his Zanpakutō.

“I have been outsmarted… your ability, your Reiatsu can alter physical properties of anything it touches.”

“Yeah. I made your Zanpakutō extremely brittle.”

Despite his defeat, Dordoni threw his head back and laughed heartily. "Well played, Niño. You might give the old king some trouble... I certainly hope you do. Well, you have to conquer me before you go anywhere… As long as I breathe and my body can move, I’ll continue to fight. That’s what a soldier does, Niño."

Refusing to grant Kazuya a simple win, Dordoni lunged forward, showing his sharp combat abilities with an intense barrage of punches and kicks. Unyielding, Kazuya expertly parried each of Dordoni's strikes, ensuring that none found their mark on his body.

After what seemed like minutes, Kazuya found an opening and struck Dordoni's face, propelling him toward the ground. He caught up to Dordoni using Sonído and unleashed a powerful kick that sent him crashing into a nearby mountain. Blood splattered from Dordoni's mouth as he gasped for breath.

281