Chapter 64: The Unkind
3.8k 8 213
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Kazuya, did Kisuke snitch on me?”

Back in Urahara Shop, Lisa threw another question at Kazuya, her gaze emanating cold anger. She suspected Kisuke of revealing her background to Kazuya for obvious reasons.

Kazuya maintained a neutral expression, knowing well that a simple nod of his head could land Kisuke in a whirlwind of trouble. He was tempted to say yes, but given Kisuke’s cunning, he would evade Lisa unscathed.

He shook her head. “I knew who you were the moment I heard your name.”

“How? Is it also related to your mysterious past?”

“Kind of.”

He wasn’t lying but he wasn’t telling the truth either. Honestly, he hadn’t expected his bullshit lies to ever reach this point. He had hoped the truth would remain between the Urahara gang and him, but Yoruichi and Kisuke almost revealed it to Apacci and others.

Lisa stared at him, feeling tempted to solve the mystery. “I’ll get it out of you one day.”

“Keep dreaming.”

As they traversed through the shop, the muffled sounds of a conversation emanated from a room nearby. Lisa, without a second thought, opened the door. Tessai, the former Commander of the Kidō Corps and his Vice-Chief, Hachigen, were having a casual chat over tea.

Hachigen’s gaze drifted to Kazuya, his lips curling up into a knowing smile. "So, you found him. I’d appreciate a detailed update later, if that's possible."

Lisa knew Hachigen was misunderstanding her relationship with Kazuya but she was too lazy to correct him. “No problem, Hachi. I’ll see you later.”

“Bye, Lisa.”

With a nod towards Hachigen, Kazuya followed Lisa out of the shop, leaving the two Kidō masters to their discussion.

In the meantime, Apacci kept her gaze locked on the door through which Kazuya and Lisa had vanished. “That jerk. Shouldn’t he say something before leaving?”

Sung-Sun couldn’t help but giggle. It was clear that Apacci was simmering with jealousy at the sight of Kazuya leaving with Lisa, a woman of considerable beauty.

Harribel, on the other hand, looked at Apacci with a look of disapproval. “I’m glad they didn’t become enemies. Do you want Kazuya to be sad or happy?”

Apacci huffed her head away, acting like she didn’t care in either state, even though her consideration for Kazuya was only second to Harribel. No one beat Harribel when it came to caring for Kazuya.

“Now they will become something else,” whispered Sung-Sun, grinning mischievously. “Mila Rose, Kazuya promised to buy us clothes. Let’s drag him to the shop after we’re given a suitable Gigai.”

Mila Rose clutched her shirt which still had the lingering scent of Kazuya. She had made a little bond with the clothing since it was her first ever shirt. “Right. I’ll bury it somewhere safe.”

“Mila Rose, you need to learn a lot about your new form,” Cirucci said with a wry smile. “Clothes are stored, not buried.”

Mila Rose knitted her brows. “I like burying things. Keeps them safe.”

Despite having been an Arrancar for a while now, her primitive, wild instincts were still very much intact.

Kisuke popped into view at a distance, and then in a blink, he was standing in front of them thanks to his Shunpo. “Ladies, sorry to interrupt your good time. I brought a couple Gigai.”

Harribel frowned at the two humanoid bodies that Kisuke was holding. They appeared more masculine than feminine and were devoid of any reproductive organs.

Mila Rose snatched one from Kisuke. “So how do I?”

“Think about becoming one with it. The rest is easy.”

Mila Rose watched in fascination as her hand disappeared within the Gigai. Slowly her entire body melded with the artificial form, causing her shirt to drop to the floor. The Gigai radiated a brief shine as it shrank and adjusted to Mila Rose’s shape.

“Wow,” Mila Rose breathed out, taking in the sight of her naked form. “This is some incredible stuff.”

Cirucci’s jaw practically hit the floor. “I can't sense her Reiatsu at all. She appears as a normal human.”

Kisuke cracked a grin. “No need for thanks. This view is payment enough for my efforts.”

The self-proclaimed perverted merchant shamelessly feasted his eyes on the feral and alluring Mila Rose. His blatant ogling didn't go unnoticed. As soon as her initial astonishment subsided, Mila Rose grew aware of Kisuke’s attention.

She pointed at him, baring her sharp fangs. “Don’t you dare look at me, pervert.”

With her warning delivered, she bent to retrieve her shirt and slipped it on in a hurry. She held no objections against Kazuya seeing, even admiring, her naked body. Kisuke, however, made her repulsed.

Kisuke fanned himself, feeling the temperature rising under her intense glare. “My, my, no need to be so angry. I can refer you to a psychologist who can help you with anger issues.”

Mila Rose clicked her tongue before spinning on her heel and bounding towards a distant hill. The training chamber was large enough to allow her to put ample space between herself and Kisuke.

Harribel watched without expressing approval or disapproval of Mila Rose’s actions. The fact that Mila Rose hadn’t lost control and attacked Kisuke was commendable growth in itself. The lioness’ prejudice towards men was something else.

‘’His influence helped.’

Harribel moved forward and accepted the remaining Gigai from Kisuke. Instead of trying it herself, she passed it to Sung-Sun.

Sung-Sun’s eyes crinkled in happiness. “Thanks, Harribel-sama~.”

Kisuke scratched his chin thoughtfully. Harribel had made the right decision in passing the Gigai since it was only suitable for Arrancars. “Excuse me. I have several questions.”

“What?”

He pointed at Sung-Sun and then swung his finger towards Cirucci. “I’m a little confused. Are you an Arrancar or not?”

Sung-Sun arched an eyebrow. “Do you know about Resurrección?”

Kisuke frowned before shaking his head. It was his first time hearing the term. His knowledge on Hollows was half baked compared to his knowledge on Shinigami. “Teach me!”

“...Just like Shinigami have various release levels for their Zanpakutō, we, Arrancars, have our own form of release. We call it Resurrección.”

“Interesting.” Kisuke’s voice was filled with intrigue. “Doesn’t that mean Kazuya-san can grow even stronger?”

He hadn’t seen Kazuya in his Resurrección state, leading him to reassess Kazuya’s strength.

“Technically, yes,” said Cirucci. “However, he has yet to awaken his Zanpakutō.”

“Awaken?”

“You should ask your friend Yoruichi. He knows about Kazuya’s unique condition.”

Kisuke chuckled, hearing Yoruichi being referred to as a man. “That brings me to my second question. Are you in a constant release state like the Lamia lady?”

He would’ve classified her in the same category as Harribel if it weren't for the trace amounts of Shinigami Reiatsu emanating from her.

Cirucci patiently explained her condition. She wouldn’t have bothered with Kisuke if he wasn’t Kazuya’s ally. “Do you understand now?”

“Arrancar’s Zanpakutō are just like Shinigami’s, except they don’t have spirits.” 

Kisuke cupped his chin, contemplating the comparison between the Arrancar and the Visored. Both of them possessed powers of Hollow and Shinigami. However, Visored's Hollow attributes were significantly weaker than natural Hollows, and likewise, the Arrancar’s Shinigami attributes were weaker.

‘It’s no surprise the Gigai I made for the Visored is working perfectly with them.’

Once again he observed Cirucci. His Bankai could theoretically reconstruct her severed wings and arms, but the effects would be nullified once he deactivated the Bankai. Even if the effect was temporary, he couldn’t recklessly reveal his trump card.

‘She can manage like this.’

He looked at Harribel. “I’ll inform Kazuya when I’m done with your Gigai.”

Apacci stepped out from behind Sung-Sun. “Mister, don’t make mine yet.”

She had decided to return to Hueco Mundo after spending some time with Kazuya. The Gigai Kisuke will make for her now will become obsolete for her humanoid form.

“Less work for me~.”

The lazy shopkeeper couldn’t be happier with the arrangement.

Favorite if you liked it!

213