Chapter 40: Spreading ‘LOVE’
325 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nuwa nervously looked at the silver-colored box. She was tightly clutching it in her fists as if her whole life was now depending on it.

The moment she heard the coachmen's scream, her instincts told her that she needed to prepare for the worst. After all, she was an assassin who had been diligently working as the princess's shadow guard for the past two years. How could she sit calmly with empty-handed in such a dire situation!

Nuwa didn't want to burden her people. When Xiao Anhao and Yao mama was panicking, in their distraction, she discreetly took out the box from her personal belongings.

Inside the box had a mysterious fragrance pouch.

'Heh! It is really mysterious though!'

Nuwa scoffed while grimacing. She had never imagined that there would come a day when she'd hold such a disgusting thing and her life would depend on it.

The fragrance pouch was not any available pouch that could be found everywhere like the ordinary ones because it was especially created by King Jingze and also, it was UNIQUE.

Nuwa's lips twitched in humor recalling about her uncle Jingze. That man was narcissistic; he wanted to plagiarize master Ying's one of the greatest creation, 'Love Portion', which would make people instantly falling in love after swallowing it.

Master Ying was regarded as a godly level alchemist. Well, it would be insulting if someone questioned his identity or abilities. He was so famous that his fame speared like wildfire throughout all continents; only a dumb would be oblivious of this "Heavenly Master's" existence. One could easily become a public enemy if he/she insulted him.
Master Ying was like a god; he was worshipped and respected by both citizens and emperors from all over the world. Even the infamous emperors would throw their dignity and shamelessly kneel in front of him to make a single request for treatment.

Too bad the alchemist's whereabouts were unknown. He was very mysterious. No one had ever seen his face. He had never shown up in public places, and thus, all of his business dealings would be handled by only a handful of his trusted people and each of his creations was so precious that one needed to spend a great fortune as well as efforts. That's why most of his creations would only be sold in large auction houses with an unbelievable skyrocketed price.

Unfortunately, Master Ying had ever taken any discipline or maybe, people were unaware of it. Even the most genius among the peerless geniuses wouldn't dare to stand a chance to daydream about taking a glimpse of his face, whereas King Jingze dared to declare that he'd not only copy the love portion rather he'd create the most unique fragrance pouch which would make hundreds of people falling in love instantly. He would make history.

Indeed he created a history!

He succeeded in creating a fragrance bomb or pouch or whatever...

It was too unique to tolerate for any human being. The odor was worse than shit, it was so terrifying that even a dead man would crawl from the grave...

Nuwa still remembered the day uncle Jingze created the "Sh*t Fragrance Pouch", the whole palace was turned into a massive massacre spree. People were fainting and vomiting everywhere because of the horribly brutal smell. The odor was so horrifying that even the always aloof Emperor furiously stepped in the matter and declared everyone to evacuate the palace immediately.

It took more than two days for the smell to finally remove from the palace!

The emperor then angrily rebuked King Jingze in front of ALL VICTIMS and ordered that he should stop creating such intolerable THINGS. Not only the emperor or the ministers; even the palace servants also 'coaxingly' advised King Jingze to SPARE THEIR LIVES... They reasoned that it was impossible to copy Master Ying's creations without his formula. So King Jingze shouldn't try being a copycat. But how could someone reason with a quick-witted person!

The narcissist king was so happy with his new CREATION that he didn't consider others good intentions. He instantly changed his previous statements and shamelessly advertised his achievements by reasoning that he never intended to copy 'Love Pills'.

"Why should I plagiarize some Master Ying? He shall follow this genius King. Heh! I challenge that no one can create my fragrance pouch except me. Ha ha ha..."

Subconsciously, a giggle escaped from Nuwa's mouth when reminiscing about uncle Jingze's denies as well as self-promotion in front of so many people in the middle of the huge imperial court. The whole courtroom became pin-drop silent as everyone's jaw dropped discovering his extreme level of shamelessness that they forgot how to reply...

Who wants to reason with a narcissist lunatic like that!

Howbeit, Nuwa was already missing him. For her, those memories were priceless...

Before leaving, she took a few boxes of the pouch as momentoes.

'Who knew that uncle's worst creation would come handy!'

Nuwa was actually making a bait. She was not confident enough about the after-effects of the fragrance pouch or if it'd really work like before. But what else she could do except taking a risk!

Nuwa was not arrogant enough to think her martial arts skills could save them. There are more than hundreds of people, she could never win against them physically. If a martial genius like Ruo Xie could not win against them, then how could she!

Yes, Nuwa's strength was enough for her to escape but, she wasn't a selfish person.

Nuwa bit her lips nervously and murmured.

"I hope this works..."

[Note: Unedited chapter.]

12