Chapter > 3: Night Goblins
1.1k 7 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_________________________________________

| -- |

_________________________________________

" Oh fuck!"

Those were the only words that Amon can even think of when he opened his eyes. The migraine combined with some of the worst nausea he ever felt made him hurl immediately. He vomited up a black ichor that tastes like stomach bile and blood, but with a hint of something he can’t place that tastes...good...but in a way that makes his skin crawl. He puked again, and the second taste isn’t exactly better than the first.

Puking has a second effect, in that it causes what feels like half of the muscles in his torso to seize up and cramp, adding more pain onto the pile. After the fifth heave, though, the onslaught of sensation starts to abate. Amon started doing slow, deliberate breathing and focused on regaining control of his posture to stop further spasms.

He used this technique before when he had hangovers but it’s working surprisingly quickly here. As he's trying to effectively will his symptoms down to a more manageable level, he's a little more disturbed by the taste left in his mouth. The bile and blood are still there, but the third component is difficult to place. It literally smells like everything; he can focus and pick up gasoline, marijuana, bacon, overpowering candles, pine trees, and basically anything else he could think of. It’s honestly fucking creepy.

As Amon focused on standing up straight, he looked around. It’s nighttime now, so he was probably asleep for more than half a day.

[ Ding! Chaos Goddess Slaanesh has blessed you! Here is your First Blessed Skill!

-Aura of Lust: There are unfortunately some people in the galaxy that do not take kindly to the base urge of wanting to be happy, who try to bury everything down that they could indulge in. They contain these base desires and wants, their curiosities of the flesh and the sense. If only they had someone who could help them. Someone like you. You can now create an aura around you that can slowly erode away these mental barriers, coaxing them into admitting what it is they want or even having them give in to the impulse of wanting to engage in what would make them happy. Whether it’s that
one last shot of alcohol, or finally caving into stabbing themselves with that syringe to partake of its contents, you can help them get there. It’s only a matter of time. Such a good friend you are, huh?

--

Note: Blessed Skills are Skills Master will get upon being Blessed by a Higher Being such as Chaos Goddess Slaanesh ]

Amon blinked and he suddenly knew how to activate his new Skills. All he has to do is think about them and they will activate.

Talking about Skills...

' Hey System, why didn't Gamer Mind work against Slaanesh?' If he can stare at Outer Gods from Lovecraft and be fine, Slaanesh should be no problem.

[ What do you mean, Master~? ]

' You know what I mean.' Amon's lips twitched at the System's mechanical female voice that is starting to sound more Human the more he hears it. She sounds way too cheeky.

[ It did work~ Your not dead are you, Master~? ]

Amon deadpanned hearing the System. Why does the System sound so proud of itself?

[ Plus, you sniffed it, Master. You quite literally snorted up Chaos in its most raw form. Your Mind may be protected, but your body isn't ]

Amon gave an eye roll. He knew that.  But he's talking about when his mind was literally in Chaos.

...Wait.

A light bulb went off above his head, Didn't [Gamer Mind] have a Level by it?' He glanced his status over, so he didn't see everything.

' Going by that logic, the more I level up [Gamer Mind], the more it works better?' Amon hummed.

[ Affirmative! ]

' Huh, neat.' At least he has something to do.

[ Don't forget about your Task, Master! ]

' Task?' Amon blinked. He blinked again and made an 'oh' face,' Ah, the one I got when the System first activated.'

Remembering that, he issued,' Task interface.'

[ Ding! Due to being a Rank-1 Warhammer Gacha System, the System will only send out Rank-1 Missions. Only under special conditions, can a higher Rank Quest be given out.

--

(Rank-1 Mission) Where am I?: Find out where you are in Two Days | Rewards: 1,000 GP.

Time Limit: 1.5 Days Left ]

' What a vague Mission...' What does the System mean? What world? What Kingdom? Empire? Town? Forest?

Amon sighed. He guesses he just has to wing it. Luckily, he has a squad of helpers wanting to be Summoned.

' Summon Night Goblins.'

*Shooh!*

Almost immediately after he ordered it, they answered.

In black mist, his squad of Night Goblins formed before him.

Dressed in their long, dark, hooded cloaks, were dark green Goblins that barely reached his waist. All of them carried a rather sharp dagger at each waist side.

" Greetings my Lord Master!" The shortest Goblin told Amon, as he stepped forward and knelt. The others soon followed behind.

His voice was a guttural one with grunting and whimpering noise. Or more like, the language he was using sounded like that. A language Amon somehow understands.

" Find out where we are. You have One Day." Amon ordered.

The Goblin's ugly face broke out in a beaming smile," Your wish is Our command, Lord Master!"

Amon saw as all the Goblin lips turned upward and their eyes bulged and swelled up.

And then in less than an instant, he saw them running, their little feet carrying them faster than his normal-sized feet would carry him. Furthermore, they were quiet...sort of, if you don't mind the psychotic chuckling they do every time they jump.

Watching them away and hearing them, Amon sweated a bit,' What have I unleashed upon this world?'

Psychotic Goblins, that's what.

________________________________________

25