Chapter 15
832 10 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon after the situation within the wall calmed down, King Arexé and his Royal Guards retreated behind the newly created second line wall.

"Your Majesty"

Voce appeared, with a worried face.

But both King Arexé and Voce knew that this worried face wasn't pointed to the king's well-being. It's more like the worried face of someone who couldn't decide what to do next.

"Let us discuss it back in the mansion. You."

King Arexé called one of his Royal Guards who was nearby.

"Yes, my liege?"

"They are currently still outside the wall, traps them and reinforce the wall"

"Yes sire"

King Arexé nodded and went to the mansion with Voce.

Once they have reached there, they entered the study room.

King Arexé sat down on his chair while Voce was standing.

"I have received a report directly from the survivors"

King Arexé nodded at what Voce has said.

"They said that the attack was so sudden. That they didn't even realized their neighboring villages got attacked. Fortunately, there was a young magic practitioner there who likes to observe far away thing with observation magic, and he realized that the closest neighboring village which was 10 km away got swarmed by monsters. This man immediately asked the villagers of his village to evacuate. They have managed to run away from their village but the speed of those monsters caught up to them. Only some have managed to enter Guja...."

The king nodded, and then he thought for a bit.

"....once those thousands of monsters put in their entrapment and the wall they are currently attacking has been reinforced, I will lead twenty of my Royal Guards outside to track where they were coming from. I will left the leader of the royal guard and another 30 men in this city. You only need to focus on the project and what you are doing so far"

"I will think about something to make the economy still run. This incident is going to affect economy. No, it already has. Depending on the situation next, there might be less caravan to travel to trade goods..."

Voce didn't voice it out, because he's scared to jinx it.

He didn't want to think that these monsters could come out anywhere. That would mean, there wouldn't be any safe place.

Naturally, King Arexé understood what Voce was thinking from his last sentence.

"That is all Your Majesty. Is there anything else you would like me to do?"

"No. You are the best in your own field. Do what you do best"

Then, Voce excused himself.

The king was alone now.

He was resting while waiting for report about the completion of the entrapment.

Meanwhile, King Arexé was thinking about this enemies that even he couldn't harm.

At the time, King Arexé had his body fully enhanced, with his sword that was enveloped with mana and sharpened to the utmost limit that it could bisect dragons, he attacked one of them, on the leg. Although he said to his subject to just topple them down, deep down King Arexé believed that he would done so by cutting of their legs. And yet, even with full force of his swing and sword capability, their legs did not even have a bruise. It wasn't as if a sword hitting a wall either. It's like hitting flesh but there wasn't any damage done. It wasn't fast regeneration to the point that they eye couldn't see how fast it was.

Yes...it was attributes immunity....

Attribute immunity.

Some enemies King Arexé had fought have this immunity. 

The Ghost Dragon which he fought was immune to physical attacks and any magic but holy.

The Dark Phoenix, a creature of legend who can't be killed nor harmed nor even sealed and its fire won't stop burning what it touched.

Even some ordinary monsters have attribute immunity.

For now, we can only hope the research team found out about something that at least could be useful.

*CHILL*

All of sudden, the atmosphere shook, it turned cold, heavy, oppressive, terrorising. 

King Arexé's instinct told him to run, told him to hide.

This oppressiveness. He felt it before, albeit it wasn't this much.

His body was trembling, his teeth was chattering. His mind kept trying to conjure a spell to ward off mental interference. After failing a few times, King Arexé succeeded. And yet, despite that he knew the spell was working, it didn't alleviate it at all.

W...ha....t...is....thi....s!?

King Arexé with heavy steps went out of his study room.

The one guarding nearby was gone.

He kept walking, his destination was outside.

Once he was outside, he saw the very picture of oddness.

Nothing wrong with the sky, it was still as beautiful as always.

There was no fire of pillaging, or people screaming while running away.

But most people on his field of vision were now crouching, muttering that they don't want to die or the ground loosing consciousness. They were crying, all of their faces were pale.

Maybe King Arexé wanted to get out of the mansion not because he wanted to check out the situation, but because his instinct telling him to run and hide.

Because right now, for some reason, King Arexé's head refused to turn into a certain direction.

He kept trying, and braved himself.

But this fear kept making him fail to look at that direction.

King Arexé gritted his teeth, and kept stacking spell to ward off mental interference, whether it was just a placebo effect or not, he succeeded in turning his gaze there.

Naturally, he didn't see anything wrong there.

It's just that his instinct roared and told him don't get to the source, and to run away as far as possible.

But as a king, no, as a warrior that the people believed to be the strongest, he had to make sure.

To make sure what's ahead.

To at least know what calamity would befall them in the future.

Slowly, the King was walking towards this source of terror unknown to any being.

On the way, he saw many people collapsed on the ground, unmoving.

Some were seating on the ground, cuddling their own knees, with faces full of terror.

Some were still standing and one of them was his Royal Guard. King Arexé approached his Royal Guard whose back was facing him.

"Rep...ort....?"

Once he saw the man's face, King Arexé widened his eyes in surprised and forgot his instinct that telling them to run even for a moment.

First, the man seemed to have cried, and snot was coming out of his nose.

Second, all kind of emotions were on this Royal Soldier's face. As if it was the kind of expression where people giving off a joyful expression and denying the cruel and sad reality.

Third, this man has died. From sheer terror alone.

Then, King Arexé approached one of the collapsed people nearby.

He also died.

Then King Arexé approached a woman who leaned her body on the wall of a house nearby who was hugging his tiny little boy, tears were in their eyes, but their expressions were peaceful.

King Arexé felt glad for a moment, that maybe these two innocent civilians were safe. But when he checked, they too had died.

They died as if embracing the unavoidable.

King Arexé gritted his teeth.

"D....don't...FUCK WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!"

Drowned in anger, King Arexé managed to put aside the terror that assailed his basic instinct as a living being.

His tone returned to when he wasn't a King yet.

"I swear to the goddess...I will kill whoever did this..."

His cold rage numbed his terror.

He ran towards the source of all of this.

The closer he has gotten to the source, the terror felt even worse.

It was as if due to this terror, even the air has died, no, even the dimension has died.

Then, slightly ahead of him, he saw something coming out of the Dancing Horse tavern.

It was a humanoid. No, its silhouette was just like any ordinary men.

Yet, the robe it wearing. As dark as the originator of darkness that no light, even the Goddess's, wouldn't be able to penetrate it.

The hooded figure, after looking around, turned what seemed to be its gaze to King Arexé.

Just from that alone, King Arexé's heart stopped beating for a moment.

But with his rage, his heart resuscitated from its temporary halt.

He held his sword tight, he cast and stacked many strength boost to increase his attack power with all of his mana and stamina. He poured all of his heart, his killing intent, into this one attack that would certainly kill.

With great speed, in only in the blink of an eye, King Arexé was already right in front of it, and about the slash its head vertically from the top.

But, without him realizing it. An odd black pipe was pointed on his head.

Then, a light and a loud sound was coming out of it.

The odd black pipe was the last thing King Arexé have seen.

==================================================================

"*GASP*!"

Willa, no, at this time, William woke up from his room at the Shut-Inn.

His body was trembling when he remembered how he watched his own back while his head was falling and got eaten.

"*INHALE*........*EXHALE*...."

William was trying to calm down his heart and labour breath.

Thank God it's a quick death...if it wasn't............I might have been traumatized for life.

Although it hurt so much, it was just a momentary pain. Before the pain of his head got cut off, he got crunched after all.

William noticed, because he's currently naked, that he's not on his Willa form anymore.

"Oh crap! I need to change to another form or this might turn bad!"

In panic, William tried to concentrate and transform into Willa.

[LOCKED]

"....heh?"

William tried once more, this time, he concentrated even harder and in a much calmer manner.

[LOCKED]

"Shit...!!!"

He didn't know why it got lock and it made him unable to transform, but he immediately equipped his equipments, and tried to get away as far as possible from any civilization.

"This is gonna turn into a damned mess!"

He immediately got down to the first floor, and the innkeeper was having her head laying limp on the reception desk, her face was facing sideway, with drool and terrified expression.

Looking at her twitching eye lid, William realized that she's still alive.

So he hurriedly went out of the inn, so that the condition here didn't get worse.

This Aura of Death is so troublesome! I couldn't feel a thing, like somekind of feeling that I'm letting out something but the effect on others was so disastrous!!

Once he got out, he looked around, and there were people on the ground.

On his right he saw a man a bit away from him.

But in a blink the man got so close that it triggered William's reflex as the best FPS player.

He immediately took out his shotgun, and reflexively headshot the man.

Within the split second that he pulled his trigger, he realized that this is a real human he's about to shot in the head, and it was The King he came across before too.

*BANG!*

But it's too late to stop it.

It's a point blank head shot.

The man got knocked back few meters away.

The hands that held the shotgun were trembling.

I...just killed someone...

Under his hood, his face went pale.

But he had to check his kill.

He got close to the king, and saw that his head wasn't blown off.

He breathed out a sigh of relief, then flew away.

His relief was short lived.

Because for some reason he could feel how many people has died nearby.

What the......

All kind of emotions, wishes, dreams of those who died then were flowing into his mind.

"GYAAAAAAAGHHHGHHGHHHGHGGGHGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It was a scream of terror, of anguish, of anger that shook the atmosphere.

It reverberated throughout the world.

On this day, it was the day that the people recognize the existence of a terrible terror.

==================================================================

At the Demonkin's Hideout.

Just as usual since Willa had gone, Inaugurath was having his personal training after he was done training the rest of his kin throughout the morning.

In the morning he was training everyone else, in the afternoon he would trained by himself, and at night he would have a night hunt, hunting those creature.

Since he could killed them now quite easily, Inaugurath had no problems facing several of them head-on.

His use of Origin Mana was getting even more efficient and his Mana Filtering speed to turn the mana inside him into Origin Mana was much faster than before.

Right now, there were ten people including him who are already in a sufficient level to combat them.

But of course, although Inaugurath and the other nine could kill the black humanoid monsters, they could only defeated not even thrice of their number.

Because, unlike what Willa did before, Inaugurath and the rest still could not "butcher" them with one hit.

Inaugurath mana purity had reached 60%, but that means, only that much damage would apply to those monsters.

For the rest, it would be worst because they have less purity level than Inaugurath.

Because it means, they had to be in full power from the beginning, they spent much more stamina. A prolonged battle would be dangerous.

Although those black humanoid monsters didn't have any technique, but their aggressiveness with that speed, strength, endurance, and their capability of ignoring injuries to keep attacking their prey were still very dangerous.

One miss step, even Inaugurath would be eaten.

All of sudden, while he was meditating as a mean of training, terror chilled down his spine.

It was a familiar feeling, but it wasn't as potent as before. He felt that the source was far away.

"Willa?"

Inaugurath stood up from his meditation, a bit away he saw Skawn running towards him.

"C-chief! This!"

"Ah...it's her...."

"W-what should we do?"

Before Inaugurath could even say his order, a terrible scream shook the world.

"What!?"

Even Inaugurath was shock to hear the scream.

It was a terrible scream that contained so many emotions within it.

It wasn't just loud and chill inducing, it was as if the scream that more like a roar was coming from the depths of their soul instead of a far away place.

"Ugh!"

"Hey! Are you okay!?"

Skawn who was in front of him suddenly kneeled down clutching his heart.

"My heart, it's like it's gonna bu...rst...chief"

In fact, Inaugurath heart was beating too fast right now due to the scream.

"She might be in trouble if she was screaming like that....I need to check her condition"

For some reason, despite it was definitely a male scream, Inaugurath still refer to William using she or her.

In his heart, the existence of Willa might be larger than William due to how much he spent his time with Willa than with William. Although both are the same person.

"Skawn, tell everyone to be alert. I am going"

"Chief! Don't go! You'd die!"

"Skawn! If I don't go, this chilling terror would kill someone from terror alone!"

"But chief! What if you couldn't withstand it too!?"

"Heh, brat...who do you think fixing the situation before? I have been in a close proximity with this terror and...I already got use it"

Inaugurath patted Skawn head.

Gritting his teeth, Skawn said,

"At least...let me come with you!"

"No can do. You would only shiver and cuddle yourself in that terror's proximity"

Looking at Skawn tearful eyes, Inaugurath was smiling wryly.

"I am going now. Take care of everyone in the hideout while I am gone"

Leaving the hideout to the second best in regard to mana purity and using the Origin Mana, Inaugurath was gone leaving only a necklace he was given to Willa in his place.

=======≠==========================================================

Inaugurath looked around.

"It seems it's still somewhere in the highland"

*BDOOOOOM*

The earth shook, then fear and terror caught up with him.

"T...the sensation, was lagging...behind, huh..."

Hundreds of meters away, Inaugurath saw a figure was rampaging.

He looked at it with a smile, despite his teeth were chattering against each other, and he had trouble breathing.

Inaugurath still hasn't moved. He needed to properly breathe and tried to get use to this fear first before he got closer to Willa.

In the process, he kept looking at it rampaging. The earth kept shaking as if there were waves of never ending earthquakes.

Inaugurath watched with a wry smile.

"....Willa...you...are much more...terrifying than...them"

All of sudden, it recognized Inaugurath presence. Before he could even managed his breathing, Willa, or rather, William with a tremendous speed was approaching him.

"Sh-!?"

Before he could even curse, Inaugurath found himself in the presence of death. William was already right in front of him.

Inaugurath created a Wind Bomb in between him and William to help him gain some distance.

But in that split second, his right arm got grabbed, and its bone got crushed. He immediately took out his sword to cut his crushed right arm off or he might be rendered immobile and killed.

*SLASH*

"Gggfhh!"

Then the bomb ignited, making both William and Inaugurath got knocked back more than hundred meters away.

Once Inaugurath got back up, he cast healing spell to stop the bleeding on his missing right arm.

When William got close, Inaugurath saw that talking while William was in this situation would be of no use.

His face was as if there's no consciousness, and only instinct there. His eyes were white, while blood was coming out of them.

It's as if William was suffering from a terrible nightmare.

"Gghguuh...it seems, I have to stop him with the intention to kill..."

With just one left arm, Inaugurath was ready to do anything to snap William back to sanity.

But, Inaugurath didn't charge towards William. He was just standing still, looking at William.

Then once again, with great speed, William traversed a hundred meter in a blink and have arrived right in front of Inaugurath again.

All this time, Inaugurath's heart was beating too fast than anything that could be considered normal due to fear. If this battle last too long, his heart might burst, is what he felt.

Because now he's ready for William's charge, he could dodge his arm that was about to grab him.

In that moment, Inaugurath made the ground William was standing on opened up like a bear-trap and bit his legs.

It only injured him a bit, and then the earth bear-traps got destroyed simply from William trying to take another step even though he made it to be as durable as steel.

Realizing that, Inaugurath was sending a Wind Fist to William's solar plexus. It wouldn't hurt William, but it would at least knocked him back and Inaugurath would gain another distance.

Fighting in close-range is bad. His speed, and strength are much more troublesome than those monsters. Fortunately, it's just that.

Once he gained the distance, Inaugurath tried to make it stay that way.

William was about to charge at him once again, but Inaugurath immediately shot out Earth Spear towards William from the front.

But it did almost nothing, only made him staggered a bit.

So, Inaugurath decided to do this a bit differently.

He waited for William to get closer to him, and then he cast a Wind Bomb, this time from right under William.

It exploded and sent William to the air.

While William was in the air, Inaugurath created many Magic Spheres.

They were spheres around 5cm in diameter, made out from condensed spells from many attributes. 

It looked weak, but each spheres could a city wall quite easily. And there were more or less a hundred of them surrounding William who was still in the air.

"Shoot!"

All the spheres proceeded to attack William.

Chain of explosions were happening in the air until William's figure got covered by the explosions.

Is this overkill?

No.

Inaugurath who sparred with Willa pretty often knew that something like this wouldn't kill her. At best, just moderate level of injuries that would knock her out. 

True to his speculation, William seemed to fall down while unconscious. But this state of his wouldn't be long, so Inaugurath immediately made a prison of ice and then for the second layer a prison of earth.

It was like William was being inside the torture device called the iron maiden, although only his head was poking out outside.

And yet, even after all those, William consciousness returned and he begun to rampage again.

Just to be safe, Inaugurath burried William on the ground, only his head was above ground. Then, he made a sphere of water as big as a person head and moved it to envelope William's head until he fell unconscious from suffocation.

It took 15 minutes before William completely lost consciousness. Inaugurath plopped down on the ground, out of mana, and out of breath and the fear hasn't gone away too despite William loosing consciousness.

It's fortunate that she in the form of William...I don't think I would be able to even have any intention to harm her if she was in Willa's form.

For some reason, it seemed that Inaugurath have this slight misunderstanding that Willa is the original form while William was her alternative form that was made for the sake of keeping troublesome matters such as being hit on by hoodlums away.

22