Chapter 18
659 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After they said parting words with those from the hideout, Inaugurath brought Ank to swap to the furthest spot he could manage to with his amount of Mana. Then, Ank brought him by flying until Guja was at least visible as a speck in the distance.

"Maybe we should go sneak in when night comes"

"Hah! Sneak in? You want someone such as I, to sneak about, like a rat? Are you trying to insult me?"

Ank's tone suddenly turned cold, which surprised Inaugurath a bit.

"No. What I meant is, we should use my Swap spell to swap in with something from within the city at night..."

"Proposal rejected. We shall descend right in front of those soldiers"

With normal human eyes, the soldiers stationed on the wall couldn't be seen. But with Ank's vision, even without enhancement spell, he could see tens of kilometers away as if he was watching something a few meters away.

Without decreasing his speed, Ank who was carrying Inaugurath, landed on top of the wall.

The wall sunk in and broken.

The soldiers who were stationed there are safe, but they were immediately in a battle position and called out reinforcement. They didn't know what just landed because of the dust floating about, but either way, they weren't complacent enough to make light of any anomalies after all that had happened.

Once the dust settled down, Ank's and Inaugurath's silhouettes were visible.

One of the soldiers, presumably the leader, came forward with his sword unsheathed and pointed towards both Ank and Inaugurath.

"Don't move...who are you, where you're from, and state your business in this city..."

The soldier who came forward asked with a weird tone, a tone of when someone was confused whether they should be intimidating or not. His tone was kind of someone very polite trying to be menacing.

It wasn't due to fear.

It's because the soldier felt overwhelmed with the majesty and charismatic aura of Ank.

"Kneel"

Every soldiers kneeled down as if Ank's word carried real weight in it. Ank's majestic aura made people want to serve and pledge their loyalty to him.

"I have come to you people, to bless you, with a way to fight your enemies. Summon your king"

With his words dyed in arrogance, Ank ordered the soldiers as if they were his own.

"Yes!"

Answered the leader, which then, he motioned his subordinate to report this to the higher up.

Meanwhile, Inaugurath just sigh and thought "No matter what form or personality, it seems the core is still the same one that like to make trouble everywhere..."

Inaugurath then looked at an open dome a dozen meters away from him.

He could feel that his enemies were inside there.

They have put a Sound-proof Barrier. It is the correct thing to do I guess. After all those things never go quiet near their preys, and they will never rest until they get to eat all of their preys.

It is still possible to trap them in a box like that with how few they are. But if tens of thousands swarm this city at once, they would not have enough mages to do that...I guess it is the right timing to tell other races regarding the method to kill those things. 

A few moments of silence had passed, with the soldiers still kneeling and Ank was looking at the soldier with pleased expression and his arms folded.

On the main street below, Ank could see that the man he was fighting with previously had come towards him.

Rather than waiting for the man to go up the wall, Ank jumped down instead. 

"Good day, king"

Said Ank with a smirk.

The Royal Guards behind King Arexé frowned, and even one of them was about to admonished Ank. But Ime Inis managed to stopped it.

I don't have any idea who this man is, but his charisma isn't something to trifle with. Is he a ruler from some tribe somewhere? I never met someone like this man... it's better if we don't act hostile before we know something.

Ime Inis thought while he was observing Ank.

"What are your business. Make it quick"

Said King Arexé curtly as if he was annoyed.

King Arexé felt annoyed because a rude man was coming and asked for his audience while he and everyone else in Guja was busy. And it was him that being told to come, instead of the guest who should be coming to present themselves to him.

"Hmph. Foolish. Look first, who you are talking to, before you decided to say rude things. That is also not the proper posture to receive my blessing. KNEEL"

As if the atmosphere turned very heavy, the Royal Guards behind Arexé and Inis were kneeling down immediately. Even Arexé and Inis were about to do too.

"Hoh. Magnificent. Truly magnificent, indeed. It seems My blessing shan't go to waste if mankind has leader such as you"

"Cut the nonsense. Once again, what is your business"

King Arexé once again asked curtly, this time with a sharp, and hostile gaze. 

When Ime Inis heard the tone of his king, he noticed that his lord would make a mistake soon. So, he was about to present himself and take over the talking, but--

"Hmm, as expected. I do not like that tone. I say, belligerent child must be punished"

He didn't make it, and felt hostility from the man instead. By reflex, Ime Inis went in between King Arexé and Ank.

Then, a loud boom could be heard from the side.

The wall of the house on the side had a hole in it.

Naturally, Ime Inis who went in between the two was nowhere to be found.

The Royal Guards behind King Arexé were confused, not know what had happened.

Meanwhile, King Arexé widened his eyes in shock because Ime Inis who was suddenly leapt in front of him, gone all of sudden. He immediately unsheathed his sword and charged at Ank.

King Arexé's slash with his sword was fast, and heavy. It was aimed at Ank's neck. He didn't even pull his punches.

But then, Ank's upper body moved backward as if he was a boxer who tried to dodge a hook.

After he noticed that his slash to the neck was about to be dodged, King Arexé was about to do his next attack. 

He was planning to attack with a spell he conjured in his left hand.

While his shifted shifted to his spell for a bit, his sword was stopped mid-swing.

He couldn't believed what is currently happening in front of him.

The tip of his sword got stopped by a bite.

"Heh. How brittle"

Than the man with antlers raised his hand, and chopped the sword right in the middle.

Watching his sword got broken, the sword that helped him bisects many dragons and never chipped, was broken as if it was a twig, King Arexé immediately tried to make a distance and fight with magic.

At least, he planned to.

Because before he could do so, he was sent flying to the same direction as Ime Inis. He didn't even know what hit him.

After breaking through so many walls, his body stopped, stuck on the city wall.

And beside him was Ime Inis.

Two of the strongest men were swatted away like they were flies.

It seemed that no matter the forms William took, he would always have a conflict with King Arexé.

Meanwhile, Inaugurath who was still on top of the city wall was sighing, as if he already knew that this was what's going to happen.

==================================================================

The situation was hectic after the Royal Guards came to their senses.

They immediately surrounded both Ank and Inaugurath.

While Ank seemed to be at ease with it, Inaugurath on the other hand couldn't help but keep sighing.

"What are you people doing? Go tend to you king!"

Shouted him.

Noticing that they had made a mistake, the leader of the Royal Guards sent off four of his subordinates to head to their king and prime minister.

"Prepare me a sufficient place to wait for your brittle king to wake up from his beauty sleep"

The Royal Guard Leader immediately sent Ank a hostile gaze when he heard that.

But the undaunted gaze and charisma from Ank made the leader averted his gaze first.

"....weapons down. Please follow"

"Fumu"

Nodded Ank while he was following the leader.

They ended up in an inn called "Ruler's Night".

It was a very high class inn which was usually booked by high class noble or rich merchants.

This inn was just a hundred meter away from the guest mansion King Arexé was staying at.

After the leader of the royal guard had done what he should be doing for the two mysterious guests, he told four of his subordinates to "guard" the inn.

Then, he headed to the His Majesty's mansion to check up on the condition of King Arexé and Prime Minister Ime Inis.

The Magic Doctor had arrived at the mansion at the same time as him.

Both the royal guard leader and the magic doctor were guided by the four subordinates the leader had sent to tend to the king and prime minister previously.

The four subordinates turned one of the guest rooms on the first floor as a medical room for both patients.

They didn't have to be told specifically beforehand to bring both the unconscious king and prime minister back to the guest mansion. 

Because they knew if the news of both their king and prime minister who were defeated and fell unconscious spread to the public, it would shaken the political foundation of the kingdom and it might lower the public's morale and trust.

Once the Magic Doctor cast analysis spell to King Arexé and Prime Minister Inis, he immediately cast another spell. A Restoration spell which made the other nations scared to wage a war with Shyaraya. A Restoration that borderline Resurrection.

Once the Magic Doctor had done treating both of them, he lost strength and immediately sat down in a nearby chair.

"What happened to His Majesty and His Excellency....? What attacked them?"

Asked the tired doctor.

"An unknown individual...who happened to become a state guest for now...."

"Huh? Are you joking, perhaps?"

"Unfortunately, no. Why?"

"Remember back when His Majesty fought dozens of True Dragons?"

"Yes. But why are you asking that?"

"At the time, King Arexé was fighting for more than a week. Although His Majesty also knows healing spell, its potency wasn't as high as us Magic Doctor even though it's the same spell. Because we doctors knew human body and how to fix it more than anyone....after that battle, his majesty was brought over to us, exhausted. His injuries were pretty light if you compared them to those who had their body in pieces from the monster raid few years back. Torn nerves and muscles, and bone fractures all around his body. It's light for our standards, but if it's the other nations, that kind of injuries, even if it could be healed, the person would be crippled for life. And even then, His Majesty lost consciousness due to exhaustion instead of losing....what kind of individual could injured the Our King, even the sturdy Prime Minister like this? No...I dare say that it's more of a monster than an individual........."

"....were their injuries that bad?"

"His Majesty seems to heal his own injury as best as he could before he lost his consciousness. His Majesty only had his right side muscles, nerves, and bones in a very bad condition to the point that it could be described as his right side torso had turned into mush. The problem was with the Prime Minister....."

"Is that why your ran out of energy merely from fixing two people?"

"In a way, yes. But I need more Mana to fix Prime Minister Inis......basically, he had his chest part destroyed...."

"...huh?"

"His ribs were broken into pieces. Most of his internal organs got ruptured, but thankfully they're not destroyed. If I was late to treat him, he would be dead. Why did no one cast Time Lock to stop the wound getting worse?"

"....My apologies...but, are they safe now?"

"Yes. His Majesty King Arexé fortunately has excellent reflex so he could do first aid to himself before he lost consciousness. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Inis was saved due to his unique barrier spell which protects his body, his bones, and internal organs subconsciously. Each of them is strong enough that even His Majesty's hardest battle was against the Prime Minister...."

"....and yet our guest took them down in the blink of an eye....."

"......what is our guest purpose?"

"We don't know...but he said about a blessing"

"Blessing? No matter. I advise that we shouldn't be hostile to him. At least not on the outside. I guess my job is done, I shall be back to treat other patients"

"Thank you"

"Please summon me immediately if something happens with His Majesty and His Excellency"

"Will do"

Once the leader of the Royal Guards sent of the Magic Doctor, he was going towards the communication room and ask for reinforcement in case something worse might happen.

==================================================================

Shyaraya Kingdom's farmlands.

Laran Page who was supervising the project was suddenly summoned to receive a call from Yggdrasil by the communication operator.

The long range communication device was made of crystal ball as big as an adult's head attached to the wall of the two meters by two meters chamber, which its other three sides were transparent membrane made of sound-proofing magic.

"Laran Page receiving"

Said Laran.

[Third Captain Laran Page. You and your Company are hereby to go to Guja to aid His Majesty. The Fourth Company would be send as your replacement to supervise the project]

"Order has been received"

[Immediately go to Guja once you have done your preparation]

"Has something happened in Guja?"

Laran asked because he felt that something was amissed from the tone of voice from the other side of the communication.

[Many things happened. Explaining them would take long, it's best for you to see them yourself]

"....I understand. Laran Page, cutting off"

With anxiety, Laran Page head back to his company.

He told them to stay until the Fourth Company has arrived and only three squads would go to Guja first. His own, Helg Wogan's, and Pheyta Anque's squad.

Once the three squads had finished their preparations, they head out.

"Why should we go to Guja by horse? Couldn't we use the Teleportation Circle if it's an emergency?"

Whined Pheyta.

"We can't. I don't know what is currently happening over Guja...but if we are required there while His Majesty and Prime Minister are there...I don't think it's the best think to do to suddenly teleported within Guja where we might be ambushed"

Explained Laran.

"Don't whine Anque. Even with the horse, it won't be that long with our spells. At worse, a day. Don't trouble the captain"

Admonished Helg Wogan.

"Still, it wouldn't change that my butt would be sore because of this!"

Said Pheyta while she was rubbing her butt.

"That's not exactly a womanly thing to say, Anque. No wonder you're single" 

Helg sighing while he mumbled that.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing..."

Alas, Pheyta heard that.

Contrary to the fact that Pheyta was single for her whole life, she was actually very popular among men despite her unwomanly nature.

The only reason why men, who had a crush on her never reveal any of their feeling to her was mainly because as a man, they're not confidence  to be matched well with her on many aspects.

Although she's crude, just like a man, there were many occasions which made the men in the 3rd company had their hard beat so fast because of her. 

"Let's go. Full speed"

Everyone nodded.

Thus, Laran Page was about to meet what was going to be  the object of his admiration.

===≠==============================================================

The next day.

Laran Page and few of the squads from his company had finally arrived at Guja.

The gate which was facing the Shyaraya's direction has an extra dome attached to it. Although it was half broken now, and revealed the gate.

There were soldiers manning the gate. Some were on the ground, some were above the city wall.

From afar, Laran could hear strange sound. It's the kind of sound which he could usually find in a construction site.

Once Laran and co reached the gate, he shouted.

"Laran Page, Third Company of Shyaraya Kingdom has come as ordered. Please grant permission to enter"

"Ha! Please enter right away! His Majesty and Lord Voce have been waiting for your arrival and they are currently waiting for you at the city gate opposite of this one!"

Nodded Laran when he heard the information from the soldier.

But why would His Majesty and Lord Voce be waiting for me there instead of the guest mansion?

He felt that something was going on, he hurried his squads to march to where King Arexé and Voce were.

The closer he was to his destination, the louder the strange sound had become.

Once the city wall of the opposite gate he was coming from came into view, the silhouette of King Arexé and his Royal Guards, and Voce could be seen on top of the city wall.

All of them were facing outside of the city, standing like unmoving statues.

Once their horse stopped, Laran got down from his horse.

"All of you, stay here. I shall speak with His Majesty"

Laran Page hurriedly ran towards the steps that lead to the top of the city wall.

Once he reached the top, he finally realized what it was the sound he kept hearing on the way here, and what it was that King Arexé has been watching so far.

*Boooom*

*Dooooooom*

*Zaaaaaaappp*

What Laran saw was, a huge humanoid monsters that is probably taller than the city wall, and two men were battling it.

The huge humanoid monster, unlike the size of its body, was very fast and agile to the point that its every moves would create gale of wind, and raise dust in the air.

But it wasn't the most surprising thing.

What's surprising is that one of the man, which was smaller than a monster by a large margin, was trading blows with it while laughing maniacally.

The blows sent by the monster were blocked, punched back, to the point that the monster would staggered from the man's blow.

Although it looked like uncivilised, brute way of fighting, the timing of the blows, blocks, parties, and dodges of the man was so skillful.

To Laran, the man was like a conductor leading a musical choirs.

He led the monster so perfectly, the second man could attack and landed solid blows on the monster without worry.

But even so, the techniques of the other man who was wielding a broadsword was also as mesmerising as the man who was brawling with the giant monster.

His sword slashes were on point, it wasn't only mana-clad blade, but a magic-clad blade which has spell in it.

Every slash that hits the giant monster, it was zapped by thunder, burned by fire, frozen with ice right within its injury.

Just thinking how much it would done to ordinary human would paint a dreadful sight to see. And yet, even with all these attacks which injured the giant until it could be considered fatal, the monster did not even slow down or got weaker.

The monster was also crafty.

Despite it being busied by the man who was brawling with it, its head, which supposed to be a big enough target for the man with the broadsword to attack on, couldn't be hit.

When the the man attacked it from far, its head dodged it. Yet, when the man tried to attack it from close range, the speed of its head which was trying to move to bite and swallow anything that would come closer was so jarring that Laran felt even his king would be unable to dodge it mid-air.

That's why the man with broadsword was attacking it on its sides and back instead. Only from those sides did the giant wasn't responding, as if it lets mosquito to sting it.

Meanwhile, the man with antlers on his head kept brawling with the giant black monster.

Although his punches hit its target, at best it could do was to stagger the giant.

Yet, it was an important chance nonetheless for the man with the broadsword to connect many hits.

The battle was one sided, with the two men in a huge advantage over the giant.

With all of the attacks which connected, the giant incurred so many lethal injuries which should make it dead or grows weaker. But, even with its back and side torso's flesh were thorned asunder, its as strong and agile as before.

Laran Page gulped his saliva.

He was imagining a what if scenario where this huge monster that stood more than 10 meters were not challenged by the two men.

Defeating the giant without casualties would be impossible. Restraining it would be even more impossible due to its strength. Moreover, Laran Page wasn't sure whether he or any of the Knights and Soldiers of Shyaraya could put a scratch on it. After all, the man with antlers punched it that hard until the earth shook, and gale of wind was created, yet the giant monster didn't seem to be hurt in the slightest. Even the man with broadsword could give it injuries, he needed many high level spells until the giant turned like this.

A few moments later, finally the man with the broadsword managed to dissect the torso of the giant horizontally.

The separated body fell.

But it's still moving and tried to attack despite its torso didn't have legs anymore.

It didn't take long before the giant was decapitated and finally died. Because it lost its legs, it was unable to maneuver its body like before, that's why the man with the broadsword could easily connected his slashes to chop off its head.

Once the battle in front of him was over, Laran Page could finally breathe normally. He unconsciously held his breath while watching the battle.

The way the man with the broadsword fight was an inspiration for Laran. It was such a magnificent sight that magic and sword art could be incorporated into one like what he has witnessed just now. So far, most attack spells could be used side-by-side in parallel with swordsmanship, but he never knew that it could be combined like what the man had shown in the battle with the giant monster.

After the battle, the two men walked towards Guja.

At that time, Laran Page finally realized that he should be reporting right away once he had arrived here, but the battle just now made his thought blown away and he forgot about it.

In a hurry, Laran Page walked towards King Arexé to report.

Everyone on top of the wall who was watching the battle also finally remembered how to move.

17