Chapter 9
858 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the sky, Willa was flying at around 40km per hour, towards the Fortress she was at before a month ago.

At least, that's what she thought she was doing.

She had been flying for six hours now. It was almost midday when she took off, and now the sun has begun to lose its shine as if it's gobbled up the earth.

How big IS this mountain range? I know it is called Great Mountain Range, but I never thought, even with flying in the sky, unhindered by any obstacles, I still have not come out of the range yet. No wonder Rath said "The World Below".

How big is this planet anyway?

Although Willa could fly much faster, but the faster she's flying, the faster it drained her mana. This 40km per hour was the speed where she could fly indefinitely without fear of emptying her mana. Plus, she wanted to observed the places she passed below her. With her Telescope magic, she was like a UAV spying over the ground from high above. 

The mana usage for this flight magic was based on how high, and how fast she's flying. The higher and the faster she was flying, the more mana required by the spell. If she were flying around 100m above ground, she might be able to reach Mach 1. But right now, she could only guess that she might have been way above the ground if she used the sea-level as the standard.

Considering that my mana drains as fast as it recovered despite merely flying at 40km per hour, well...it might be that I am currently flying at around 60km above sea level...and yet...

She looked behind her, and saw a towering mountain behind her.

This Himaseru is not just extremely wide, but also extremely tall huh...it was as if there is a Planet above the Planet.

She was flying quietly while observing the mountain ground below her, and another two hours had passed. The sky had become completely dark.

Willa got down on the highest tree, and rest there.

So far, there were a lot of living creatures living in this... highland is what the demonkin called, Willa realized that it was not exactly a desolate place with no living creatures or any greeneries. It was only the place she woke up the first time which was exactly like the barren dessert near Mt. Doom.

There were creatures which seems to be animals, there were also monsters different than them, and naturally there were those black monsters roaming about too.

Ah. I forgot to tell Rath the name we should use to refer to those black monsters....

Willa let out a sigh.

I forgot to give him weapons too. Well I already planted my 100% CG there, so I would know what had happened in that hideout since the moment I planted it until know.

The 100% CG Trophy's effect could only be activated and deactivated when the caster was in the place which is going to be used as the target.

And if I were to notice something wrong has happened within the Records, I could just teleport over there.

Willa took a deep breath, held it down, and slammed her forehead on the tree.

What a fool!  I have Teleport so why did I not teleport right away over the only human civilization I have came across before!?

She banged her head once more on the tree and it shook greatly.

I think I will Teleport to the fortress and rest there. It is probably much safer there.

But how the Teleportation works here in reality? In the game, Teleport was just an ability to do instantaneous travel back to the safe area or area on the open field.

Oh well, practice makes perfect.

Willa thought hard about her destination. When it was that fortress, what came vividly to her mind was the magic sigils.

"Teleport"

She vanished right away, only leaving glimmering gold dust behind.

==================================================================

Almost instantaneously, Willa arrived right in the centre of the magic sigils.

"Hmm...let search a comfortable place to rest for the night"

Willa looked around her, the buildings' doors were mostly left open, proof that the buildings were abandoned in haste.

The buildings' architecture were like the architecture from the European's renaissance era. Although not as big and glamorous.

She was about to go in to one of such buildings, but her eyes caught on something much interesting.

"The castle......"

Hmm, maybe I should rest at the castle. High chance there is a nicer bed over there. Plus, it might be the closest place to investigate some documents about this world. A world map is the first thing I need to acquire.

She activated her flight magic again, and flew as fast towards the Castle's perimeter. It didn't even take ten seconds.

"I have never been to any castle before. But this one definitely looks better than the Buckingham Palace I saw in a picture before"

She went in to the castle. 

The first room she was in, is a hall around 40m X 40m, with crystal chandeliers decorating the ceiling. The thing was, these chandeliers were not hanged by anything, they're floating. There were also pillars in the hall, but these pillars were not a foundation of something. They were merely pillars, made of carved white stone.

When Willa got near, it seems that there are carvings on each pillar. It reminded her of Egyptian carvings on the wall.

She observed one of such pillars. The carvings were not words but depicting something like drawing of mass exodus, war, research, farming, and et cetera.

Is this their history?

Willa touched the pillars, and it was still smooth despite the carvings.

I guess this Kingdom's cultural level is quite high.

Well, now is not the time to admire this.

"What I need now is a toilet!"

Willa had not gone to the toilet since she left Inaugurath's home.

With frantic, Willa looked for one. Thankfully, her guess was spot on. There was a toilet in the King's chamber.

Once she done the deed of relieving herself. She got out and she noticed the bed which looks so comfy.

"As expected of a King's...big bed...looks so comfy...*yaaaawn*....I think I am going to sleep here today. Let tomorrow's matter be tomorrow's matter"

Willa got on the big extravagant bed with a canopy. It was as soft as it look.

"Uuuhmmm...good night..."

Said to particularly no one, Willa took off her outer-wear by putting it in to her storage, only leaving her negligees on her.

==================================================================

Early morning, the King's chamber.

Willa woke up feeling so refreshed. Sleepiness couldn't be found on her expression no more.

She got off from the King's bed, and headed towards the bathroom a little bit away from the bed.

The bathroom was extravagant.

It had a luxurious crystal-looking tub, on its edge which touches the wall, there's a serpent like crystal statue with its mouth opened, and there's leaking water coming from its mouth.

It's a water faucet.

Although Willa didn't know how to turn open the faucet so that the water could flow out, she at least could guess.

She sent her mana on the serpent-like faucet for a bit. The beady eyes of the serpent were glowing, and soon afterward, the water was flowing into the tub.

She shelved away her negligees into her storage, scooped out the water which gradually filling the tub with a tiny bucket which was also crystal-like and washed her body.

Unfortunately, there's no soap, and the water wasn't magical water like she was using at the demonkin's hideout. So, she made sure to thoroughly cleaned herself before plunging her body into the tub which was now filled with water.

For some reason, the water's temperature was just right in her opinion. It's not cold, but it's not warm either.

She was relaxing in the tub for quite some time.

Around thirty minutes later, she got out while feeling satisfied.

She took out a simple cloth from her storage and wiped her body with it.

This storage of her was very peculiar. There were all kind of equipments, and also all kind of materials which were usually got from drop loots, but it didn't stored anything like potions and the like at all. 

Well...even back then the storage was separated into parts. The tabs with equipments, materials, items, and key items. Only the equipments and materials tabs were carried over. Wait, did I not say this before?

She got out of the bathroom while still wiping her body. Once dried, she just threw the simple cloth aside.

Then, she headed out of the king's chamber after re-equipping her equipments. She didn't bother to wear anything else besides the equipments she was wearing before. There wasn't any point to. It couldn't get dirty, it couldn't get smelly, it never wrinkled, and it'd always look like a brand-new attire.

Her destination was the Castle's pantry once she got out of the chamber.

She walked around trying to find it, while also enjoying the grandeur interior of the castle.

The interior was so magnificent. There were many decoration along the hallway she walked through. There were also rooms which doors were plain yet also feels elegant.

She checked the rooms she encountered one by one. 

She found a library with books all around the interior to the point that the walls were all covered by books, only the carpeted floor and the high ceiling weren't covered by books. This room was her target last night, because she needed informations. But she skipped this room and continued to look for the pantry where she could cook the meat Inaugurath gave her.

After that, the room she entered was a lounge. She could see a beautiful garden right outside the window. There's also some kind of a mini bar with bottles of wine, perhaps, on a display. 

This room did not seem fantasy-like at all.

She thought, before closing the door and continued her search.

Next, she came across a work room. There were also books on the shelves, but in comparison with the library, it's very much pale in comparison. There's also a chair and a desk with wooden horse statue where its back functioned to place a quoll by the window.

Willa opened up several other rooms, but they're merely rooms with a sofa and a bed. Probably guest rooms.

Finally, she found a room which at least have a relation with the pantry.

The dining hall.

There's a long table in the middle of the dining hall. With twenty one elegant wooden chairs surrounding it.

The long table was also made out of wood, the top was carved with many carvings which was then plastered by something transparent.

Within the dining hall, there were three doors.

One was the big double door she entered from. The other two were quite the normal doors compared to the doors she came across. They're on each side of the dining hall.

She chose the right door from where she was standing. When she opened it, there's a smaller straight hallway, around ten meters long and at the end of it, there's another door. She walked towards it and entered.

Finally, she found what she's looking for.

She looked for a pot, and a knife.

When she found it, she took out some carrots, potatoes, and some meat. Honestly, she didn't know what meat that was, but she didn't give a damn about it.

She diced them up, and put them in the pot. Then, she looked around for spices. Which thankfully, she found pretty easily.

They were placed inside a small ceramic jars.

She tasted the contents one by one.

There were sugar, salt, pepper, black pepper, some kind of grounded leaves that smell good, and she also saw a sack of flour nearby.

She filled the pot with enough water from the wooden barrel. She's about to make a simple soup.

She just threw every single spices she just tasted into the pot. She was just guessing in regards to the amount she had to use.

Once the ingredients were all set, she put it on top of a plate with magic circle on it, which seems pretty familiar and she sent her mana to it. It's indeed functioned just like the one in Inaugurath's home.

She waited, until she smelled the spices she put in wafting in the air.

Once she felt that it's ready, she scooped up a bit of it into the bowl she found nearby to the brim.

She sat down on the chair neared the small table, probably used for the servants to rest a bit, and took out the hard bread.

She dipped it in the hot soup.

Bit on it, and spooned the soup up into her mouth after she gulped down the bread.

It is not bland, nor taste bad, but it is not exactly a normal taste soup either. Oh well, at least it is edible.

She ate silently, and after around twenty minutes, she's done.

She got up and looked for a lid to cover the pot. Even though it's not exactly the best soup, it's better to heat it up for lunch and dinner later.

Stomach is full, time to head to the library.

==================================================================

At the library.

At first, Willa was worried.

She said to Inaugurath that she could read, but it's the language in her previous life.

She randomly took a book from the nearest shelf, and opened it. Fortunately, she could read it.

Thank goodness. I do not have to study just to understand this world's writing language.

The book she randomly took was a book about politics. She just skimmed through it, before she put it back.

She looked around for any clue on which shelves she should be looking into, but alas, there wasn't such a thing.

Perhaps, they were deliberately did not put any index so that the books which might contains state's secret could be find easily.

This is going to take a while without a librarian.

She checked the shelves one by one and skimmed the title written on the spine of the books.

She couldn't be thankful enough that at least in this world, they also put the title on the spine. If not, she would have take the books one by one and read the front cover.

It took her almost two hours, before she found something she had been searching for.

"Finally...maps..."

She brought the bundle of maps to the reading desk.

The quality of the maps were crude unlike the modern maps she was used to in her previous life, but it's at least readable.

She looked at the map and understood where she's now.

Kingdom of Shyaraya.

It's easy to spot on the map because it's the only place near Himaseru which was split by a river.

"I see. This kingdom, Shyaraya, is the furthest away from the center of civilization. The nearest place from here is the Merchant City Guja. If I were to head for other places from here, it seems that there were not even small villages in between this kingdom with another, making Guja the only place to have a safe rest. Hmm, I think I am going to go there soon. That is enough of looking at the map......no one would be angry if I take this, right?"

The maps were immediately stored inside her storage.

"Now, time to read as many informations as I can before heading off to Guja tomorrow"

Willa then begun browsing on the book collection within the library.

==================================================================

At the same time when Willa was busying herself with the books in the library, a group of two thousands appeared on top of the magic circle in the middle of the square which was used as an escaped route before.

This group was Shyaraya's soldiers. 

Only Laran Page and King Arexé's along with his aides were the only people in high positions. 

This was an advanced group to scout ahead whether it's safe to build the wall surrounding the fertile farmlands in Shyaraya.

It was decided, that Shyaraya, as the one who produced and exported the most food ingredients, need to be protected first. The fertile land of Shyaraya might be the key for a prolonged fight against such terrifying horde of unknown monsters.

"Secure the perimeter around the Castle"

"Ha! Scatter and check every corner of the fortress city in a group of ten! A hundred of you go with His Majesty to the castle! Another hundred stay in the Teleport Circle's perimeter with me!"

Without any confusion, a group of ten of the eight hundreds soldiers are gradually forming a group and headed off to scoured the inside of the fortress.

Laran and a hundred people scattered and went inside the nearby buildings to get a higher vantage point. 

The buildings around the square were made to be taller than the rest of the buildings (excluding the Castle) to be used as Watch Tower in times of need. The buildings around the square were as tall as the capital fortress city's wall.

Meanwhile, King Arexé had arrived in his castle.

"Check every rooms"

The soldiers gave a salute and took off to check.

The only one following the King was the Scribe, Seche.

The king needed no guard to guard him, for he is the strongest warrior there is. The Scribe, Seche, was enough for a guard. Although his duty is that of a Scribe, one should never underestimate people of Shyaraya based on their occupation. Even an old gardener could defeat a knight. 

"Let us go to my chamber"

"Yes, My Liege"

King Arexé walked to his chamber followed by Seche right behind him.

He needed to go to his room first to take the Kingdom's National Treasure.

Besides the Kings of Shyaraya, no body knows what it was.

King Arexé and Seche arrived in front of the king's chamber.

"Stay on guard"

"As you command"

King Arexé went in.

Right then, he felt that something was odd in the room.

Although he left this room a month ago, King Arexé didn't forget in what condition he left this room. King Arexé was a meticulous person, who would notice even the most insignificant thing if there was something amiss compared to the normal states of things.

The sheet on his kingly bed was in a mess, yes, but it wasn't the kind that he remembered left behind.

It didn't seem to be the wind who caused it, because the windows were all shut tight just as he remembered them.

And most of all,

King Arexé walked towards the object that draw his eyes into, and picked it up.

A simple cloth, yet a high article nonetheless. The kind which couldn't be found nor manufactured anywhere I know of. A cloth made with the highest amount of mana I have ever came across. Yet, it isn't mana that I knew of either.

The king touched the cloth thoroughly with his hands.

It's slightly damp? Don't tell me?

King Arexé immediately went into his royal bathroom, and checked the eyes of the serpent-shaped faucet.

With care, he took off the eyes of the serpent and replaced it with other beads.

These two tiny beads he just took from the serpent, are the national treasures.

They're high concentration of mana. The King called it The Beads of Life.

These beads, combined with Shyaraya's Magitech could make a barren wasteland into a fertile soil. 

In fact, the great plain surrounding Shyaraya wasn't as fertile as now at the time the Kingdom was founded.

Said from King to King of Shyaraya, this stone, which was now only the size of a bead, used to be as big as a fist.

After it was analysed by a few trusted capable people, the result was that it contained mana equal to every humanoids.

This Bead of Life was used to turn the soil of the great plain to something that even more fertile, and it would never turned infertile no matter what.

But after it was used around 200 years ago, the stone became small and split in two tiny beads.

Although the size was reduced to only this much, this beads were still a national treasures. Because in case of another exodus, people of Shyaraya wouldn't have to worry whether they could find a fertile land to settle in. Although at that time, would truly be the last these beads could be use.

No body knows that these beads were treasures, because it looks like just a simple bead that would glow from being infused with mana. In fact, the simple glowing bead, used as decoration all over the castle was a camouflage for these two beads.

The only different was, that the beads currently in King Arexé's palm were pulsing. Not in the physical sense, but magical sense. The mana within the King was pulsing as if blood being pumped around his body.

King Arexé, realising that the treasures were safe, heaved a sigh of relief.

But then, he remembered about the cloth.

He got out of his royal bathroom and picked up on the cloth he dropped on the floor.

He compared the beads on his left hand and the cloth on his right hand.

......What manner of being made this cloth? If these beads are raw ingredients condensed, then these cloth is the processed goods. This cloth has mana, in an fathomable amount, and yet that mana has no effect whatsoever. It cannot be drawn out, used as fuel or the like. It's as if the mana is used to create this cloth come to existence from nothing.

King Arexé smelled the cloth, trying to track down whether there's some kind of scent which would be a clue of the origin of this cloth.

.....only faintly, it smells sweet....

And then,

*DOOOOOOOMMMMM*

"Your Majesty!"

Seche came in without permission. King Arexé put the cloth into his clothes.

"I know"

King Arexé and Seche headed off towards the origin of the sound of explosion.

It came from the garden.

Once he arrived, he saw several soldiers fighting someone.

"Report"

Asked him to the soldier nearby.

"My Liege! One of us found a woman browsing through the Royal Library which was supposed to be forbidden to all but some for important documents! When the woman made a dash for it, we tried to subdue her but she retaliates"

"A woman?"

King Arexé switch his gaze to the soldiers who was fighting.

There, he saw a woman, smiling while fighting several of his soldiers. Her beauty is unparalleled. Even the prettiest of Ancient Elf is pale in comparison.

Several other soldiers provided long distance supports for the four soldiers who was fighting in melee with the woman. But all of them were dodged and with great speed, the woman switched target to those who attacked from distance and gave them a punch or a kick before they flew backwards.

"Call the other nearby, I will join the fight"

"Sir!"

The soldier went off after he gave the salute. He didn't worry for his king. But it concerned him a bit that the king needed the other soldiers to subdue the woman.

King Arexé drew his sword from his sheathe and dashed towards the woman.

"Move"

He said, calmly. The soldiers who were about to charged at the woman and in his way stopped and got away from King Arexé.

A fast diagonal slash, aimed at the woman's right shoulder. King Arexé intention was to cut off the woman's arm. As long as she was alive, with Shyaraya's medical might, it was easy to completely heal such injury.

And yet, his attack failed.

Instead of being dodged to the side or the back, or even being parried, she was getting closer instead, to the blind spot of the sword range, which is the base of the arm to the sword grip.

Her movement was faster than King Arexé had imagined, but he could still follow her with his eyes.

The woman who was so close to his body, was about to give him an uppercut to his chin. 

Although he was still in a mid-swing and unable to do anything with his right hand, he managed to pull back his head immediately and the uppercut missed his chin. But it costed him his balance.

This was fatal, considering how fast was the woman in front of him, but the King didn't only fight with sword.

When he lost his balance and his right forearm hits the woman's soldier, his left hand didn't stay idle. 

He multi-casted with his left hand, a silent cast at that, a total of three spells.

Stone Bullet, which was shot from his left palm at a high speed.

Earth Bind, which was the earth trying to bind the legs.

Stone Rain, which was a barrage type of Stone Bullet but in smaller size that rain down from above.

King Arexé timed it nicely.

The Earth Bind made the woman immobile, the Stone Bullet which was shot in a point blank range would hit her stomach, and the Stone Rain would rain down on her.

At least, those were the scenario within King Arexé's mind.

But, the woman in front of him didn't even budge from the Stone Bullet, the Earth Bind failed to hinder her whatsoever and it was just broken like a fragile clay, and she didn't even care about the Rain.

King Arexé's eyes widened in shocked.

He saw her right fist was about to hit his center of the chest.

In a split second, he conjured up several small concentrated barriers magic only on his chest. 

Right after the barriers were prepared, the woman's small fist hit, and the barriers were destroyed as immediate as they were conjured.

The force of her punch blew King Arexé twenty meters away.

He immediately got up after the inertia stopped but,

"Guugh!"

King Arexé puked out blood, his legs and his hands were in groggy state. He used his sword that was stabbed to the ground as a cane to help him stand.

The soldiers were shocked, naturally. For this was the first time that they saw their king, strongest in combat, was knocked back, bleed, and be put into a groggy state as if their king had battle for a whole month.

King Arexé stared at the woman, and asked.

"Who...send you..."

"HM? I am sorry. I am sent by no one. I came here just to investigate something. But your soldiers attacked me with no question asked. A woman has to retaliate when attacked, do you not agree with me?"

The woman smiled. Her voice was as calming as a wind chime on a calm days.

"I bid you farewell"

She gave an elegant curtsey and flew away.

"My King!!!"

The soldiers approached their King.

"I am alright...."

Right after he said that, he passed out. 

The soldier he sent to get a reinforcement didn't even come yet.

26