Chapter 199 – Revelations
318 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ariza) “Uh, bye Petra and Ikarus. We’ll see you later on”

(Zeki) “Erk… see you orangey and sis. Why we’re doing this is beyond stupid…”

Having just quickly dropped off the other two phoenixes outside the palace so they can discuss family-ish things with Esmerelda, it’s now time to sort out Petra’s side of the deal, getting her turned into a God. Already got the few cake purchases we make every time over here so maintenance is basically already done.

Ah, Aesa as well wanted to be left over here for a bit so I guess she’s just going to explore the capital? She still technically inside me despite a part of her conscious being forced to live outside. I kinda want to know what and how she’s doing but everyone deserves a little privacy I suppose… I swear, if she ends up going to a sex store or a brothel, I’m going to kill Aesa…

Us three remaining lock hands and then I activate teleport mark two, arriving just outside Jarl Denver’s cave over in the dwarven kingdom. That makes two of the dwarven guards outside the room nearly jump out of their beards.

“Argh! Bloody hell! Where the hell did you two lasses come from!?”

“Jarl Denver told us you might be doing that someday but damn… need a new heart now. Him and the lady are both good so head on in whenever”

The guards happily allow us access into the throne room but for some reason, Asmodeus isn’t wanting to come in with us. This better not end up being another pointless meeting where I end up wearing a freaking mermaid’s tail or something now. Asmodeus does tend to randomly disappear when something, or nothing important is about to happen.

Regardless of this, me and Petra head on in and find the kid jarl actually sleeping on his throne. Not sure what he’s being doing to make himself this exhausted and where Athena is at, bit odd that an established leader is so defenceless right now though.

Both of us look at each other knowing exactly what’s on the other’s mind, we’ve got to wake the young leader up in an obnoxious way, right? There’s no question about it…

“Heh, want to give him a little shock Ikarus?”

“Always…”

Unfortunately, our childish sense of wonder just cannot be allowed to exist in this world as the God turned dwarf somehow hears our extremely quiet whispering and tiptoeing towards him. I hate my life at times.

“*Yawn*… you two will have try much harder than that, even assassins know not to speak... Is everything completed then? Don’t answer that, it’s obvious that it’s done”

Wiping the sleep out of his eyes and presumably seeing the irritating horns on my head that are still too sensitive to scratch, Hephaestus somewhat greets us in a groggy state not giving a care to his lacklustre appearance, even know. Can’t forget this guy is a dwarf and was a God notorious for stuff like blacksmithing. He really wouldn’t give two cares to something as mundane as looks… except for not being able to grow a beard it seems.

“Can you call Athena in so we can get things rolling? I warn you though, I may start flinging fire if Petra ends up experiencing hell”

“Over here orange phoenix… it won’t require anything nasty like that. Beforehand, there’s other things that probably need to be discussed”

Getting a call from Athena from one of the sub sections of cave this throne room connects to, she enters on royal and regal like, couldn’t care less how she looks though. In this world, her aura and appearance has always been most similar to Petra but who cares about all that? I’ve got pure perfection right here.

Then, like these two idiots don’t know how to follow up the conversation, silence falls inside the cave really starting to irk me a little.

“Are we seriously just going to stand around gawking in silence? Get to your point already!”

I don’t care if things are difficult to say, there’s nothing more annoying than moments like this. Thankfully, my abrupt nature always receives smiles from the wife and hurries up the Gods we’re supposed to be conversing with. Blunt Ikarus has always been best for pretty much everything really.

“I’m… not sure on the exact way we can easily bring up such a sensitive topic. Athena? You any ideas?”

“I guess we could show them that thing Denver, then explain things from there?”

“Eh, better that then nothing I suppose… If you’ll follow me Ikarus and Petra, there’s something we need to show you”

Both the heavenly beings lead us through a different section of the surrounding caves, all the while I’m huffing and puffing at these two struggling how to bring up this topic. Strangely enough, this cave seems to lead to a cliff face overlooking the ocean, basically acting like a little balcony Denver uses for relaxation purposes I suppose? There’s even a freaking bar on this little section of paradise, presume he's too young to drink but with dwarfs, you never know.

Anyways, this little outside bit leads into another inside portion, and quickly enough, we come to a closed doorway radiating magic. All four of us seem to be able to detect something huge is inside, it’s got to be considering how strong that pull is.

As soon as they open the closed door, all that presents me is a consuming blinding light that seems to be taking focus of everything.

‘What the hell is that?’

[<Aesa isn’t sure what that bright light is either Ikarus>]

‘Can the others see this or is it… just… m-…’

__________

“Urghhh… will I stop getting knocked out already!? Hang on…”

Unlike the last two previous knockouts, I wake up much fresher than usual, immediately noticing the people still around and above me. This development by knock out cliché is starting to get tiresome now…

Behind door number one was in fact a bedroom that all that leaking magic seems to have dispersed now, either into me or outside the room. Whatever that blinding light did, it only seems to have an effect on yours truly, everyone else looks right as rain, even Petra doesn’t seem too concerned about what just happened. Probably was out only for a minute or two.

The strange thing is, both the Gods look at me confused, but I couldn’t care less about that right now. Something just sounded really weird…

“…What the fuck!?! Why do I sound like that!?”

‘My voice, my hair… my breasts!?! No no no…’

[<By the sounds of it, Ikarus has somehow merged with original body. Aesa is unsure what to think in this situation>]

Whatever must’ve been behind door number one clearly has put me back in that stupid ol’body of mine! What kind of bullshit plot twist is this!? Minus the horns, why the hell would I even want my male body back anyways?

Despite this, I instantly get up because why would I want to moan on my back anyways? Well… except for that other kind of moaning, that should be a given though….

(Athena) “We were just explaining things to Petra about how godhood works and how it differs from person to person, God to God. It’s a much more complicated process than it may seem”

(Hephaestus) “We presume Asmodeus has explained the ins and outs behind the demon race? If he hasn’t, we unfortunately aren’t well equipped to explain such anomalies. Majin’s are vastly different to regular Gods”

‘Are they purposely trying to change the topic or something!?’

“Heh, how you feeling Brooklyn?”

“I’m not in the mood to deal with you right now wife… Seriously though, how the hell do turn back?”

Instead of getting an answer from those two looking at me like lost souls, Aesa always seems able to calm my restless soul. This shit really had taken me back more than I should’ve expected, at least I can see why Zeki struggles a little when he constantly ends up in situations like this now.

[<Even though it isn’t considered an ability, Aesa presumes Ikarus can change back just by will? Just ignore wife’s gaze, Ikarus will probably do it natural>]

‘You saying I want to stay like this because Petra can’t keep her eyes off me!?’

[<Affirmative>]

‘Hmm… I mean… it does sound like me’

Even when I’m in a male body, that clearly isn’t as attractive nor has the superior features as the other one, Petra cannot help but continue to keep those lifeless eyes on me… Huh, they seem a little less lifeless than usual today but still! Even with her blindness, it’s like she looks at me like I’m a piece of meat. This isn’t the time for anything sexy!

Eventually, we end up walking and talking back to that little bar outside while I try to just get my head around all this. Apart from right at the beginning, I never really craved my guy body back and even know, it’s still the same feeling.

----------

Spoiler

[collapse]

----------

“Why the hell do you two even have my body in the first place? Wait…”

A huge realization comes to mind which if I weren’t slightly pissed at randomly ending up back in my original skin, I’d have realized sooner. It must be obvious why they have my original body.

“…It was you two! You’re the reason we were summoned into those freaking dragon eggs!”

I’ll get onto asking why our bodies are bodies were still left intact shortly because you’d think the evolution process would’ve destroyed it, but that’s not important right now. Everything that’s happened to us in this world, the waking up inside the egg and ending up being raised by dragons, all the other shit that happened after, it was down too these two…

(Athena) “Apologies for this orange phoenix, we had no choice but to do this as this is the only way the prophecy can be brought to an end. As for why we kept your body, it seemed wasteful to dispose of it. Only your souls were needed for the transformation process so we were unsure what to do with the bodies afterwards”

(Hephaestus) “Frozen in time and never susceptible to decay, this was a side effect to the summoning… we already spoke to Petra a little while you were out. Honestly, even we didn’t know you’d collapse and combine into one with it. Ancient, forgotten and forbidden spells have that kind of effect”

Hmm… you know… is this a situation where I’m supposed to start nuking indiscriminately and hating these two Gods for their meddling? It’s strange because I don’t feel anything like that. If anything, I feel like I owe them everything. There’s no way I’d have ever met Petra, or anyone in this world without them.

Sure, maybe the situation would be different for Zeki and Ariza since I presume they had interesting lives back on Earth, for Petra I doubt she even remembers if she did. I’m also getting no nasty vibes from my wife over this, making me think even she is willing to get past all the shit that’s be thrown her way. Who would she be using all that pent up energy tormenting if I wasn’t around? It’s obviously my stupid arse that keeps her sane as well.

By the looks and sounds of it though, do they think we should be hating their guts? It looks like their swallowing glass right now.

“It would be better if you had just told us from the beginning, but it’s not like I won’t get over that in a minute or two knowing how I am. Why specifically us though?”

Both the God and Goddess seem to let out a load of air like they were phewing from my statement. Were they really that worried I’d just go on a rampage killing them off? It’s already known Gods are notoriously difficult to kill… unless I actually am more powerful than them now. Eh, I should be if the demon lord thing is supposed to be that noteworthy, guess we’ll wait on that and see. I seriously don’t hold any dislike to these two… other than the fact it’s made Petra’s eyes have a mind of their own.

“Heh, just luck of the draw Brooklyn, already asked the same question and was told it was completely random”

‘Huh, thought it would be rando-, urgh, freaking Petra man!’

“Pleaseee, I’m begging you Petra, don’t use that poxy name… do you have Petra’s body down here or is it just me?”

Anyways, trying to get the cringe and embarrassed feeling of my face every time Petra uses my original name, she’s going back in her original body if she’s going to be like this to me… I really don’t want to know what she’s thinking about right now. Even as an actual dude, I doubt my wife’s perversion will get any better… probably get worse realizing the little friend I now have between my legs. We are so not using that in the bedroom, mark my words!

It's funny that I have it back yet, I couldn’t care less. Seriously though, it just seems to be getting in the way now, like I’m worried I’m going to pinch something if I sit down wrong or get up too fast. For anyone who’s never had the misfortune of sitting down and pinching the two things that comes with the third leg, I can only envy your lack of experience… that shit isn’t worth the male form. I kinda miss my breasts as well, wonder if being a futanari would solve that problem? Eh, not the pinching thing however.

While I’m basically having a crisis on the fact I’d rather be female than male, it’s not even close how much I prefer the other body, Petra’s eyes seem to be glowing blue slightly. Think she’s status scanning both the Gods for some reason, should point out in my distracted state, both of them don’t really want to answer that previous question.

“I erm… made a little mistake with the placement of the bodies. You see, six hundred years is a long time and you tend to misplace things, or not store things in a place secure”

“When brother left Olympus to reincarnate down here, both bodies were left in his warehouse. Said warehouse ended up burning down when Zeus found out he left. That anger, all the heavens heard about him destroying anything that Hephaestus, or Denver left behind”

‘Of course, Zeus’s anger ends up screwing over the other phoenixes. I wanted to see how Petra used to look as well’

“Luckily for you, both yours and Zeki’s bodies were already down here so it’s not like everything was lost. I’m pretty certain Petra had black hair as she does now, and Ariza… she had short blonde hair at one point I think”

So, Ariza was a blonde and Petra was similar to how she looks now? I guess I can kinda see Ariza like that… everyone knows I’m itching to see Zeki’s though. I really, really hope this is mock worthy just like how I apparently look like a girl.

“If Zeki’s ol’body is here as well, I’ve got to see this…”

Giving me a quick nod in response, we head into a different bedroom connected to this little outside portion of the cave and find the anticipation is only building rapidly. First, something has to be done about my wife’s gaze. I always knew she was bisexual but damn, I actually feel like she’s going to pounce on me if this keeps up. She better prefer female form Ikarus because that’s the one I’m still sticking with.

‘Aesa… do me a favour and help me change already… our wife can’t be trusted right now’

[<Like Aesa already said, just want it more than you want our wife’s gaze Ikarus. It’s not difficult>]

‘You say that as if that’s an easy task to accomplish…’

Thankfully, I manage to fight off my baser instincts quickly morphing me back just detecting from intent, back into the new and improved demon form Ikarus. Funnily enough, the gaze still doesn’t leave despite returning to normal. Guess I still get the best of both worlds then… much to my dismay. It’s a love-hate thing when your wife continues to look at you like this.

Arriving at Zeki’s room in question and slowly opening up the door, I’m honesty not expecting much… fucking hell. I’m completely wrong…

“Oh my freaking God! This has to be some sort of a sick joke, right? right!?!”

“Heh… just as shocked as you Ikarus. Obviously, he’s been overcompensating a little… or a lot”

“Just to clarify Petra… you were female before being summoned, right?”

“Heh, yes Ikarus, why?”

“Phew… I’d still love you regardless, just I can’t help my insecurity with this sort of thing. It’s pretty funny how three out of us four phoenixes experienced some sort of gender fuck around becoming birds though”

Lying on a bed, curled up in the fetal position is only what can be best described as one hundred percent girl, this a plot twist I never would’ve expected! Zeki, famous for being absolutely repulsive, hugely into jugs and apparently a player of sorts, actually looks like this? He was actually a she back on Earth!?!

----------

Spoiler

[collapse]

----------

Even though the lifeless body seems to be stuck in that position, you can clearly tell two decently sized pounds of flesh protruding from his chest. There is literally no doubt about it, Zeki was born female! He even looks a little like Petra if you squint just at the right angle…

This just can’t be real, my eye of wisdom ability should’ve picked that up, right? Unless… Zeki’s being playing into the lie for so long, he’s actually spent the last two hundred years convincing himself he never had this body to begin with. Him being a player could’ve been true since I presume Zeki would’ve been into women still? Was he a massive tomboy as well as being a tsundere back then? Whatever the case, that body is female and there is no doubt about it.

Even if it’s a gender dysphoria thing, this is Zeki we’re talking about so I’m struggling to believe it was anything too serious. Who’s have known he, or she, had such a shocking backstory? Can I play with him on this or is it way too serious to mock? I think it’ll be okay but I’m going to be careful, this obviously must be Zeki’s deepest darkest secret…

“This day should’ve been amazing but even original Zeki somehow manages to complicate things… what’s next then? Are we getting Petra sorted out?”

Looking back towards the wife, her eyes seem to be even bluer now. Is she trying to give me a migraine status scanning each other or something? Eh, don’t care, right now I just want to be done with this already.

Sure, I could go into great details on the specifics on the summoning and ask pointlessly small details like that, honestly this Zeki reveal has made my curiosity dwindle a bit. All we need right now is Petra’s godhood, then some advice on what to expect when entering the heavens. Sounds simple and stupid enough.

“Heh… told you two she wouldn’t notice. This is why I can’t be subtle around Ikarus”

“When you’re right, you’re right Petra. You’d think she would’ve noticed it already”

“Be kind to the orange phoenix Denver, it’s not something that’s extremely obvious”

“I wasn’t being nasty Athena. Just surprised considering how attached those two are together really”

Like those three are talking about me behind my back, what should I have noticed? It’s a bit hard to pay attention to my surroundings when a sexy but annoying piece of arse continuously keeps gawking at me!

“Notice what!? What is it!?”

“Heh, Athena completed giving me her boon while you were out Ikarus. As for what you haven’t noticed yet… maybe have a deeper glance into my eyes?”

Petra’s steps closer to me, making sure I can get more of that growing blue. She really is adorable but that’s not the time for wife fangirling! This is supposed to be serious…

“As if I would know why you continue to keep status scanning everyone Petra…”

I’m such a freaking dunce at times… why did I always assume Petra’s eyes were naturally grey? Of course they’re freaking not…

“…Wait… no freaking way!?! Your blindness has been cured Petra!? This isn’t some stupid joke you lot are playing on me!?”

I don’t even care about my minus one in perception, this is big, maybe even bigger than the Zeki realization. My misses finally gets her sight back, six hundred years of absolute shit and she may finally be rid of this burden?

“Heh, no joke Ikarus. It’s a little disorientating and very slow with how it’s coming back. The colours are giving me a headache, but it seems to help looking at the most beautiful person I’ve ever come across”

Despite the compliment that should fluster the hell out of me, I can’t help but get right close to my wife’s face and show the dopiest, idiotic smile I can put on… she can actually see me! Not just that fake magic sensing shit, like she can actually see me. I always assumed that magic sense of hers made everything look like funny coloured silhouettes but now I’m a blurry Ikarus!

“I hope you enjoy this gift you two… this has cost Athena more than you can imagine”

Almost sounding a little grouchy saying, Jarl Denver can’t help but show a little distain, hopefully not for the reason I’m thinking of though. He will get kicked if he dare try and bring down this precious moment of my wife finally getting eyesight back after hundreds of years.

“It was always going to happen Denver so please stop worrying for me… As for what’s also happened, becoming an entity capable of transcending the heavens has the added drawback, or in this case bonus, of destroying any contract or exchange as well”

“Heh, you know what that means Ikarus? No scars or pain anymore… it was already starting to fade but it’s completely gone now”

I know it’s probably not the time or place for this but right now, all I want to do is weep, extremely happy tears of course. This shit she’s always had to deal with, the pain, the scars, not even being able to comfortably relax in her original form, all that weight has now been lifted.

“Wait… why the fuck couldn’t we have done this earlier then!? Couldn’t we have done this last time you apparently gifted her a bit of your boon if it was that simple?”

And complete silence falls all around, except it doesn’t seem like the awkward sort of silence, more the confusion type. These two seem to know less than you’d think considering they freaking sent us here.

(Hephaestus) “I’m sorry Ikarus but we’re not actually sure, maybe ask Asmodeus when you make your way out?”

(Athena) “Everything has been planned around the schedule of the mysterious backer and we only figured out recently on who he actually is. The fates must’ve aligned coming across him and this was probably the correct time for it, I presume?”

Ohhh… so it’s same getting the perfect future kinda thing? This time around, I can’t exactly be moaning at him for this when it’s yielded results like this. Even if he is mostly responsible for the pain in the first place.

It is quite maddening to think just how much he has a play in everything going on in taking down Zeus though, I’m betting it’ll be similar when we get to the heavens as well. Eh, I guess it’s for the best he’s on our side, even if it doesn’t seem that way at times.

“So… what happens next? We’ve both got the key to enter the heavens, how do we actually get there though?”

The long journey of slugging it into the Underworld, then rescuing Dionysus and now basically driving the majin race into extinction. Even though it hasn’t all been related, it’s felt like a bloody long quest getting ready so that we’re able to go up there and actually start bringing about change.

(Athena) “The easiest way is the Underworld orange phoenix, make your way to Hades and they’ll sort that out”

(Hephaestus) “Despite there still being questions on who is trustworthy on our side, the Underworld will help you with that. Once there however… I can only suggest you find Loki. This is the bit all of us are a little stuck on as actually stopping Zeus’s tyranny is easier said than done. Not everyone is as stupid and blatant as the Ragnarök Gods”

“So… find Loki and presumably know it all Asmodeus will help out with everything else then? Guess we go off that then”

I may say that sarcastically but it’s worked for the most part… at least until I died, we’ll exclude that and pretend it never happened. Overwhelming toxic positivity is the way to go today! I’m still hyped for Petra, seriously haven’t even thought of anything sexual… yet. For like the first time ever, both of us could now grope each other! If she wants too obviously…

Anyways, we spend a little time longer discussing a few other various bits and pieces, nothing too noteworthy though, and then leave the two Gods in order to retrieve the demon lord we’re still lugging around.

It appears he’s deep in conversation with the two guards about who knows what, new non-blind Petra is still learning from me everyday not taking a single second for granted. I’ve got to be careful with this as she knows how abrupt I can be, actually seeing what I’m like for real might make it worse… I’m oddly feeling a little conscious all of a sudden now. My head is freaking weird at times.

“Why suggest us killing you back in Tartarus if you knew this would happen Asmodeus? You understand that was the main reason we kept you alive?”

Once he gets eyes on the ever-brightening blue eyes of Petra however, his mad smile instantly returns, leaving that conversation behind and ruining any chance of s pleasant moment. Evil grins always have that effect.

“Heh, hatred is a beautiful thing dark one, harness it in the right direction and miracles can occur. I’m pretty certain you two are intelligent enough to realize that’s not the play here though”

‘Sighhh… not exactly surprising considering everything else with this guy. Of course he wants to be hated, not exactly sure how to feel about him considering what’s now happened’

“Please Asmodeus… why?”

“*Sigh*… it just seemed like the best timing I suppose dark one. I have been honest with you on everything I’ve revealed, this just seemed like the best and most sensible time for it… don’t ask things I’d rather not answer”

Instead of just giving him a verbal response, Petra does something even I didn’t expect, leaning in and giving the unsure demon lord a hug. I doubt he could tell this was going to happen considering how uncertain he looks just from this small dose of intimacy between father and daughter.

“Irregardless of this, nothing changes. Once Zeus is dealt with, we will still have a conclusion of sorts”

‘Look at the wife being all cute and tsundere… we’ll probably still kill him though’

“Heh, wouldn’t have it any other way dark one… Now, can we get going? Something tells me the other birds should be just about finished already…”

----------

---Just say this is Ikarus imagining how Petra would look as a cultivation Goddess or something :)

Spoiler

[collapse]

----------

9