The Man With the Golden Gun (2)
261 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Shin faced the group, his gaze penetrating through them as he gripped his hand cannon.

Wei clutched her shoulder as Sai supported her, the two held grave looks as they perhaps faced their deaths.

"No one to block for you now."

Shin released a deathly aura as his iron sight locked onto Sai. Without a second to spare, solar light erupted from his barrel as light focused at one point.

Void got up from his knees as he felt the entire world tense up. Looking to his side, Eriana sprouted infernal wings as she hovered above. Void felt her warm aura disappear as he looked on.

Shin pulled the trigger, the infernal bullet exploded out, an abysmal fire erupted towards the two.

Wei thrust herself forward. Aiming to stop it once again, her remaining arm amped up as thunder bellowed and she punched out with full power, but immediately felt a strange wave of magic as another figure appeared shielding her.

Eriana spread out her wings, like a grace from heaven, she embraced the bullet with her fire. However, a miracle was not enough to turn the tides of fate.

Eriana shielding her remaining team took the full brunt of the attack, but Wei watched in dreaded horror as the golden fire consumed the warlocks very being. The titan reached out as she screamed, trying to reach Eriana, her voice drowned out by the blast, engulfing the battlefield in blinding light.

Wei's hand barely reached Eriana's figure as it withered away slowly out from her grip. Sai fell silent as she watched her comrade fade away.

Void felt his heart plunge into the depths of despair as he watched Eriana take her last breath.

'Was I unable to help even a little.' Void thought, feeling a sour lump in his throat, as he felt a rustic taste on his lips.

But just as Void had given up hope, a radiance with glimmering brilliance condensed into a faint ethereal form as it collected itself, leaving everyone astonished once again.

Shin immediately felt his hand tense up as his eyes widened, realizing what was happening. He frowned.

"Truly a miracle brought to life. Fireborn."  Shin murmured, his eyes gazing admiringly.

Wei's lips curved into a smile as her laugh rang out, she had experienced the lowest lows today, but now, there was only going up.

The ethereal spirit took form, a familiar fiery armor shaped into being as Void watched, unable to contain his shock.

' The true essence of a Solar Warlock! Self Resurrection, Fireborn' Void's thoughts ran wild as he watched a living miracle. (A/N: This ability was removed in Destiny 2, and it's actually a pretty old ability. So Void's just surprised to see it. It truly was an amazing ability for Warlocks.)

Eriana flared into the world once more, as her spark reignited. Embers of light shot around her as all watched the world bask in her holy light.

"This fight is not over yet." Eriana spoke out defiantly. Her resonance amped up as she flicked her wrists. Immediately, the ground sprung out with healing energy as she opened a rift below.

Shin frowned as he watched Eriana's radiant figure pouring out energy, as Wei and Sai were slowly being cleansed with light.

"For one has mastered the way of the fire, I applaud you." Shin replied slightly bowing with his gun hugging his chest, truly mesmerized by what he saw.

Eriana glanced behind herself, 'Sai and Wei are not fully healed yet.'

There was no way she could continue this fight without them at their best. She resolved at buying some more time.

" I do not need the respect of a killer. Besides, with two of those shots in a row, are you sure your remaining power allows you to be so carefree facing us?" She questioned. (A/N: Normally, a hunter can only use a super once every few minutes. Naturally, Shin being the skilled chad he is, managed to use two supers in a row. But that is quite taxing, hence Eriana believes she can take advantage of it)

Shin clicked his tongue with annoyance,

"Warlocks are all the same. Headstrong, unable to see their own faults, pushing out their narratives." Shin retorted, holstering his hand cannon.

His hands fell to his side as multiple infernal blades conjured in between his fingers. (A/N: So to explain to the non destiny players, Solar Hunters (Shin's Subclass) have two major damage super abilities. Of course, one is the golden gun, but the other is blade barrage. Which was revealed in Destiny 2, but since this novel is more of a mixture, I am gonna give him this ability because it is listed in his ability section on some fandom websites)

"But it was foolish of you to think that I needed the gun to kill you." He retorted.

Following his example, Sai and Wei changed their fighting style to better adapt.

As the huntress clasped her hands together, forming a lightning bolt into the shape of a two handed arc staff as she spun it around ferociously.

Wei brought out her jade Cong as it wrapped around her wrist. It glowed and sucked her light in, acting like an amplifier to her powers once she wished to release a deadly blow.

Their injuries soothed through Eriana's light, ceased to exist as Wei's left arm grew back.

"Follow my lead" Eriana spoke solemnly, the guardians behind her nodded.

The two sides facing each other once more, as Void watched from the sidelines.

Immediately, Eriana's wings sprouted once more, as she shot forward like a dragonfly her hand coated in fire, she slapped towards Shin.

Sensing it immediately, Shin ducked below her palm swiftly, twisting his entire body backwards, she chucked all his blades towards her at devastating speed.

However just as the barrage of blades shot closer, Sai blitzed through the narrow gaps in their formation, like a ghost she spun her staff deflecting every last one at lightning speeds, the momentum carried her forwards as she spun kick Shin in his side.

Predicting her moves, Shin matched with his kick, leaving their blows in stalemate. But before he could even move, Eriana jetted in like a bee, her palms bleeding out with fire as she tried her best to grasp the hunter who dodged with his life on the line.

With just a second to catch his breath, Shin leapt backwards, but he was not safe yet, as Wei swung her Cong in his direction, releasing a thunderous wave of energy hurling towards him that struck him in the chest, sending him flying as his body skipped off the ground.

Sai blinked once more as lightning pulsed through her staff, catching Shin mid air she twisted her staff, channeling energy as she ruthless slammed the hunter to the ground.

His body, bounced off the rugged terrain as he spat out some blood.

What ensued was a frenzied dance as Shin fought all three guardians at the same time. Void could only describe it as their best attempt at a beatdown. Yet even while facing three alone, Shin's counter attacks were not to be taken lightly.

Eriana swept in with her wings, like a fiery meteor as Shin deftly slide under her, Sai swung her stuff at his head as he ducked, immediately twisting his body forwards as Wei's punch landed in the empty air around his back.

Like a perfectly choreographed dance, Shin continued dodging at the last second, almost as if he could read the future. Their figures merged into a flurry of flickering shades, blurring in and out of view as the chaotic battle continued.

Void stood on the side, unable to even comprehend the speeds he saw.

But he did not want to sit still as his energy surged.

"This is no time for regrets" He shouted, as his energy surged, a crescent bow appearing in his left hand as he drew the string.

Closing his eyes for a simple breath, Void calmed himself down. He couldn't see, but he could definitely sense.

'Don't fail me now' He prayed, wanting to replicate what he did earlier, he focused solely on Shin.

He heaved in heavy breaths and simply waited.

A second passed....

Two seconds had passed....

Three seconds had passed as Void's eyes twitched. He could hear the distinct clink of blades and surge of thunder as the two sides clashed.

But this wasn't what he was looking for. Void wanted to experience it once more. That slowing sensation. The feeling of viewing the world at a glance.

A resolute feeling welled up inside up as he seemingly entered the zone, and then it happened. Almost like it slowed down for him, he saw clearly. Or rather, sensed. Void opened his eyes, as the world halted once more.

Pinpointing Shin's location he could see his figure move albeit very slowly. His arm stretched back as he did a full draw on the bow. Light condensing in a sharp arrow as he aimed right at him.

His senses ran wild as he felt time was running out. Almost instinctively, Void changed his aim. He "felt" that the best spot was further right than Shin actually was.

With no time left, He chose to trust his gut, feeling his fingertips slice open from holding the bow's weight, he finally let go, as the arrow whistled past him. A Shadowshot that tore through space, like a nebula seeking it's target.

As if the world listened to his will, Shin's figure flickered, miraculously appearing directly ahead of the arrow.

Void's mind consumed with only one thought, 'Devour him' .

A blink was all it took, as the arrow shot past them all, reaching Shin, astounding everyone present. With no time to dodge, Shin was caught off guard, as the corrosive light exploded. Chains tethered him to the ground, leaching off his power.

Seeing the best chance they could find, the Praxic order erupted as Sai leapt in the air, her staff morphed into a lightning spear as she spun and shot it towards the shackled hunter. Eriana soared, slashing forwards with all her might as a fiery flame consumed the area. Wei followed suit as her fist coated with thunder thrust into the ground, energy quaking towards Shin.

The three attacks merged, as a supernova erupted on the field engulfing the imprisoned renegade, space itself collapsed as the energies radiated outwards, causing everything in a hundred meters to disintegrate.

A single drop of sweat fell from Void's brow as he panicked, 'is it over?'

His heart clenched, wishing dearly for the legendary hunter to stay down. His gaze wandered over to the Praxic order, but they too seemed hesitant.

Not a single soul moved for a few minutes, expecting the man to simply walk out and brush off the dust again, Once a good five minutes had passed under intense scrutiny, everyone reluctantly walked closer to the impact site.

Void was still on guard as his kept his sixth sense active. But it was strange. Had they really ended the great Shin Malphur? He questioned himself.

When they finally closed in, they saw a distinct crimson cloak fluttering in the wind as it remained torn to pieces. However as Eriana slightly lifted the cloak, a deep bore hole was revealed, knitting a frown on everyone's face.

"Escaped?" Void mouthed.

Sai crouched beside it as she ran her fingers through the edges.

"He used the impact to dig underground. He knows we can't follow him, we aren't familiar with the underground caverns." Sai commented.

"Are you saying that he planned to escape from the beginning?" Eriana questioned.

"He's the one who chose the location of the engagement. Whether we like it or not, we can't rule out that he didn't have any contingencies." Sai replied bitterly.

"Or perhaps he did this spontaneously as we waited like fools."  Wei grinded her teeth.

However, Eriana remained quiet, the warlock was lost deep in thought as her eyes lay on the bore hole.

"Contact the city. Get us an extraction, Devil's Lair is probably going crazy right now. The fallen won't take an encounter of this level too happily. As we speak, they're are probably dozens of scavenger squads coming to take our heads." Eriana commanded.

Sai nodded, her transmitter immediately requesting backup as an end came to the dreaded encounter.

But just as the four guardians relaxed, a very faint ember could be seen as a figure disappeared from king's Watch, rushing towards the Dry Sea.

------------------------------------

[A few hours later, Dry Sea, Sunbreakers Base]

A titanic Sunbreaker sat in what seemed to be a throne, overlooking the central command as a another titan sauntered in to the room.

"Ouros, the battle is over." The man beckoned.

The fiery empyreal glanced towards her comrade as he walked closer, presenting a circular recording device that he kept in front of her.

"And what was your judgement feng?" Ouros asked, indifferent to the recording.

"The Renegade knew they would track him down. I watched for quite a while and he seemed to have waited for the praxic fire to show up." Liu Feng replied.

"Did he notice you?" Ouros asked raising her brows.

"Perhaps he did, there was a time where he looked in my direction, but he soon walked away to join in the fight instead. All he did was frown." Liu feng answered, confused by the hunter's actions.

"Peculiar, indeed." Ouros replied.

After a moments silence, the Empyreal spoke again, her brows knitted together.

"The one to expose this information to the renegade, was someone from the city."

"Have you figured it out?" Feng pressed her on.

"My meeting with the speaker revealed that he had no knowledge of the operation. Leaving only the Vanguard and the Praxic order. The Praxic fire has no benefits in exposing their own operations." Ouros replied, a dangerous smirk on her face.

"You can't mean..." Feng stammered.

"The Vanguard leaked the information to him. How peculiar, but why?" Ouros asked herself, knowing there was more to the story.

A strange day passed as the Sunbreakers had stumbled into a new mystery, one holding the crux of the renegades past.

------------------------------

A/N: Hope you enjoyed, leave a review!!!! Comment what you liked !!

5