Kigal-Note/Skills: Magic Skills
237 9 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magic Skills:

Magic Skills are skills that allow the owners of the skills to perform magic with relative ease. 

What is Magic:

Magic requires two things: A magic formula, and mana, also known as MP.

The problem for people is to efficiently create a magic formula to use their magic. Then comes the problem whenever one has the right type of mana to activate the formula. The answer to both these problems is the Magic Skills.

What are Magic Skills:

Magic Skills have magic formulas recorded into them, which allows the skill user to immediately use the magic spell by pouring their mana into the magic formula.

This can be represented as a library, where the World System is the library itself, the Magic Spells are the books of the library, and the magic spells being the contents of the books. Like how the same content can be found in different books, the same spell can be found in two different Magic Skills.

This does not mean all the possible magic spells are already recorded in the library. Mortal magicians can research the magic formulas in the hope of creating new spells. The gods will then add the successful result to the World System, and the creator of the new spell is awarded the title, [Magic Researcher].

Elements Skills:

The other problem regarding the matching mana is also solved by asking for help from the Element skills. By adjusting the mana from the skill user by an Element skill of the same attribute as the spell that is going to be used, one can draw out that spells true potential, or even strengthen it to incredible degrees.

A basic attribute Element can also substitute for a component attribute Element. But then, it would only enhance the spell by how much the component attribute consists of the basic attribute.

Also, when having two different basic attributes that both combine to form an attribute of a Magic Skill, only the strongest element will be counted, while the remaining one is ignored.

Other component attribute Element will not enhance any component attribute Magic Skills of a different attribute, even if they share some of the components.

Categories for Magic Skills:

  1. Attribute Magic, which are skills that collects all the different magic of a single attribute, except for space/time attributes.
  2. Branch Magic, skills that are a collection of magic spells that focus on a single task through different methods and attributes. The task can be recovery, support, destruction, or more. Also called Multi-Attribute Magic.
  3. Special Magic. These skills are around magic spells or abilities that have no relationship with the other two categories. This includes magical enhancement techniques, such as the ones the four Color Mage classes grants, Summoning magic, and other types of space/time magic.

Methods to add spells to Magic Skills:

  1. Leveling up their skill level.
  2. Fulfilling certain requirements for that skill.
  3. Through a Spell Scroll.
  4. Creating their own spell.

If one can learn all possible spells for a single magic skill, one will then be rewarded with the title, [Master of X Magic], with X being the type of magic the skill is centered around.

Carion's comment: That last one is easier said than done. The basic attribute magics all have more than 50 spells, and it keeps on increasing.

Garami's comment: Over 50!? Sure whatever that counted that number isn't broken?

11