Kigal-Note/Locations/Noterra: Yanxiong Region
262 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yanxiong Region:

Located to the east of the center of the Noterra continent is the massive Yanxiong mountain range which covers the region of the same name.

Yanxiong is heavily populated by many beast-type monsters, especially bear monsters, which gave the mountains their name.  The mountains create a straight line from north to south, each with their own ecosystem.

The central sector of the mountain range contains large pockets of miasma underneath, and sometimes that miasma leaks out to the surface. The miasma travels through the valleys of the center- and northern sectors, so people are to refrain from entering these valleys at any cost.

One can divide the region into three sectors, north, south, and central, which again can be divided into several sub-sectors:

  • The northern mountains contain the largest mountains on the continent, also called "Mist Mountains". This area is divided into the ground level, the middle heights, and the mountain tops.
    • The ground level contains few monsters, mostly due to the recurring miasma leakage from the central sector. One is advised to climb the mountain roads as soon as possible.
    • The middle levels refer to the mountain roads build on the larger mountains and the smaller mountain tops. One can take these roads to travel to the center sector of the region. Be careful of the shojo that sometimes wanders in the road.
    • The mountain tops are the home to the Mystic dragon-species known as Loong. Several Dungeons of Chaos are located on these tops, each with a Loong governing them as the Dungeon Boss.
  • The central sector has roads stretching towards each cardinal direction, with the capital of the region, Baoshi, located in the middle. 
    • Baoshi is the capital created inside a secret plateau inside the mountain range. The city is the home of many crafters that make use of the many materials mined from the mountains, and the monsters that live in the area. 
      • It also houses the headquarters for the Adventurers Guild on Noterra, the Crafters Guild, the Alchemist Guild, and the Miners Guild. 
      • While containing pockets of miasma here and there, the Baoshi mines are still the greatest spot to mine metals and gems. 
      • The city also hosts several tourist spots, such as the Jewel hot springs, the Wukong Colosseum that is said to be housing several legendary items underneath it, and the Xióngmāo forest, an artificial forest containing harmless animals and monsters for tourists to interact with.
      • The four entrances to the capital are defended by four massive gates, one in each cardinal direction. These gates are frequently subjected to monster attacks, and sometimes large Location Quests where the defense of the gate from hordes of monsters suddenly appears.
    • The mountain paths of the central sector are designed by the finest of Architects that Baoshi can offer. Nevertheless, monsters sometimes prey on travelers that take the roads. The worst offenders are the different Gem Wyverns and the Boulder Bear.
  • The south sector is filled with smaller mountains, each heavily populated with forests made of bamboo. Each mountain is classified as its own sub-area, and all are populated by many varieties of monsters. "Survival of the fittest" is the only law here, but the individual level of the monsters barely reaches rank D, so adventurers can hunt here relativity safely. One can expect bear-type and insect monsters in this area, but sometimes a rare breed of plant monsters, the Zhú rén, may show itself.

Marc's comment: This looks like an amusing place. The city only.

Garami's comment: Sure, sure. Hmm... wyverns...

Mira's comment: Don't blame me if Levi starts to munch on you.

10