Kigal-Note/Class/Scout Class: Assassin
405 16 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Class: Assassin
Unlock Requirements:
  • Have the title, [Mysterious Serial Killer].
  • Skill, [Presence Concealment], at LV50 or higher.
  • Having 3 or more Assassin-related skills.
    • Includes stealth-related skills.
    • Includes skills related to sneak attacks.
    • Includes skills related to poison.
Effects:
  • Grants skills related to assassinations.
  • Grants skills related to stealing.
  • Positive Status correction to SPD and DEX stats.
  • Positive correction when inflicting critical blows.

Description:

The Assassin class is a scout-line class only granted to people with great stealth abilities and have assassinated enough creatures to obtain the [Mysterious Serial Killer] title.

This class is one of the most variable classes, as the concept of "assassination" can be connected to anything, as long as it involves killing a target while keeping themselves hidden. Due to this, many of the rewards in the Assassin class is a random skill. However, despite being called random, the class will only grant a skill that is effective for the class holder's style as an Assassin.

The final skill obtainable from this class, [Grim Incarnation], is based secret move developed by a cult that birthed the first assassins. The primary ability of the skill covers the Assassin appearance in black robes and turning whatever tools they use into black, unadorned versions of themselves. Used projectile weapons will keep this state even after the skill holder turns of the skill unless they have recovered the said projectile weapon.

There have been few reported [Grim Incarnation] users, but their appearance will always be different from the others. This may have to do with the other skills of the Assassin, their racial traits, or their ways of being an Assassin.

The skill can reach at highest LV10, gaining new abilities for each level instead of upgrading the old ones. This makes the skill similar to a Unique Skill, but it is classified as an Active Skill. The reason for this is because the abilities obtained with each level is too weak to be classified as a Unique Skill. On the other hand, they are more difficult to detect than Unique Skill, whose middle name is being flashy.

The requirements for obtaining the Assassin class was eased on the 25th day of Agnir, year 327 of the New Terrian Calendar, due to the World System update that resolved troubles related to many classes and evolutions related to classes, the point of interest here being that the requirements for obtaining [Mysterious Serial Killer] has changed.

Now, instead of killing a certain amount of creatures while unseen by any creatures until they have reached the required amount of kills, one only needs to assassinate creatures until they reached the required number. One must also avoid being revealed as the killer.

Abilities obtained from leveling up the Assassin class:

  1. [Assassin Tool Creation LV1] and [Thief Tool Creation LV1]
  2. [Assassin Arts LV1] and one random Thief-type skill.
  3. [Free Movement LV1]
  4. One random Movement-type skill.
  5. One random Weapon-type skill.
  6. [Fatal Wounds LV1]
  7. One random skill of the following choices:
    • [Life Theft LV1]
    • [Mana Theft LV1]
    • [Stamina Theft LV1]
  8. [Grim Incarnation LV1]

Each entry on the list is available when reaching a class level of a tenfold. The first two items are received the moment one obtains the class. In the case of Assassin being selected as the Main class, one will get the three first items instead. The final item is therefore only obtainable for those with Assassin as the Main class.

Lily's comment: S-so coooool!! Get that skill, boss! Get that awesome skill!!

Garami's comment: In due time, in due time! However, ain't that date they're talking about tonight?1This discussion is happening right after chapter 6 in Arc 3.

15