Kigal-Note/Class/Special Class: Gambler
285 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Class: Gambler
Unlock Requirements:
  • Having participated in a gamble 100 or more times.
Effects:
  • Unlocks skills with probability-affected effects.
  • Increased luck with probability-type skills.

Description:

Some people believe luck does not exist, while others see it as a potential ally, waiting to be won over by skillful hands.

The Gambler class is a special-line class that focuses on the odds of probabilities. They have a great talent for games of cards and dices, but they are even able to use these talents on the battlefield, thanks to their (seriously) bizarre skills that rely on luck more than abilities.

The [Beginner's Luck] skill is the start of the class, granting the Gambler a 10% boost to their LUCK in the first rounds of a showdown, whenever it may be in the casino or out in the field.

[Dice Shot] is a skill that allows the gambler to throw a pair of dice made of mana at the opponent. When the dice lands, the number of eyes will determine the effect the skill has on the opponent. An odd number will grant a positive effect on the opponent, such as healing or enhancements. An even number will bring a negative effect, such as damage or status ailments. The higher the skill level, the higher the probability there is for a result that's positive for the skill-holder.

[Cards of Triumph] is a weapon proficiency skill related to a special set of card-items known as Trump Cards. They are the same for card-items as grimoires are for book-items. The Trump Cards can increase in size to act as shields and swords, be thrown as throwing daggers, or seal people and monsters into them.

[Slots] is a skill that requires money to be used. Depending on the amount of money used for this skill, one will receive three wheels with a total of seven different abilities written on all three of them. If one can connect three equal symbols on all three slot-wheels, one will be able to use that effect. The probability of getting a good result increases with the skill level.

[Old Maid] is a skill that can be used whenever one is about to take damage. The time slows down for the skill holder, and they are presented with ten face-down cards and three face-up ones in their minds. They then have to select one of the face-down cards, and one of three effects will then be applied depending on the type of card:

  1. If the card matches one of the three face-up cards, then the damage is negated. Chances of happening: 6/10
  2. If the card does not match, the skill misfires and the skill holder takes the damage. Chances of happening: 3/10
  3. If the card is the card of the Grim Reaper, the damage they take is then doubled. Chances of happening: 1/10

A higher skill level will increase the amount of damage that can be taken, and also increases the odds of drawing a matching card. The odds of drawing the Grim Reaper will increase for each successful use with this skill.

[Lady Luck] is a skill that makes the LUC boost from [Beginner's Luck] into a permanent one, even when one is not in a showdown.

Abilities obtained from leveling up the Gambler class:

  1. [Beginner's Luck]
  2. [Dexterous Fingers LV1]
  3. [Dice Shot LV1]
  4. [Cards of Triumph LV1]
  5. [Slots LV1]
  6. [Silence LV1]
  7. [Old Maid LV1]
  8. Evolves the [Beginner's Luck] skill to [Lady Luck].

Each entry on the list is available when reaching a class level of a tenfold. The first two items are received the moment one obtains the class. In the case of Gambler being selected as the Main class, one will get the three first items instead. The final item is therefore only obtainable for those with Gambler as the Main class.

Garami's comment: Yeah... this ain't a class Mira should pick.

Lily's comment: Not you either. If you get even better at playing games, then Mira's gonna cut you outta jealousy.

9