59
1.5k 10 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Available souls 126

I check the souls I have again. I have spent 30 souls to reforge Druig’s greataxe with his broken horn and another of Taurox’ horn. It now has what it previously had which restored his stamina if he kills, now added with synergy with his Fiery Wrath mutation and a part of Taurox’s strength. He should be more unstoppable now. All that is left is only Lak who doesn’t have her own personal soulforged artifact.

Other than that, the noble that found or stole my effigy only had it for one day and he already made 30 or more wishes. Most of which are very stupid. It is still good as I get more souls due to Stirland’s weird law but his slow diction almost makes it unbearable. Examples of his wishes are:

Wish granting effigy, I want my wife to have blonde hair

I grant his wish, using my divinity and magic to turn her hair blonde from black

+1 Soul

Wish granting effigy, nevermind, I won’t recognize my wife from behind. Turn it back

I grant it again

+1 Soul

Wish granting effigy, please close the door of my chamber

“... Are you sure? I could just call Guerino if you want.” I said through my effigy

No need. He has something else to do

“...” The door closes

+1 Soul

With the flashback done, I decided to upgrade my Herdstone. One hundred Souls immediately gone. But with the noble, it seems like I won’t be worrying for Souls for now. Until he is caught by a witch hunter or something. The forest rustles before silencing. Even my herd senses something is happening and stops. Then my herdstone grows, cracking, breaking apart before revealing a type of darker stone underneath. The ground beneath the Herdstone similarly cracked and sank under the new weight of the Herdstone. Then a bright flash turned the world white.

White was the world for a little while. Then as I opened a small vortex of pure magic was made on top of my Herdstone. Not a vortex that drains magic like the one in Ulthuan, but a vortex that flows magic directly from the warp and into the material world.

Second stage of Warp Gate achieved

The foundation are made

Personal very short warp travel is possible

The gate is halfway finished

The magic level of the world is currently almost a third of what is present during the days of the Old Ones

The Four Chaos Gods are pleased with the progression of Gate building

Each donates 100 souls and 20 attribute points

Alignment Shift

Self  45%->50%

Slaanesh 40%->37%

Khorne  12%->10%

Tzeentch 0%->3%

Nurgle  3%->0%

50% Self Alignment Achieved

Chaos Gods have noted you not aligning with any of them. Daemonic interference will be more frequent. Trials of the Chaos Gods will be more sparse but more difficult and with greater rewards. Greater Daemons can join Sanctuary wave trials.

I read all the notifications. Some good and some bad. The increase of magic level to a third what was in the Days of the Old Ones is quite concerning. One thing for sure, Dragons and magical creatures will be more prevalent. Wizards will be more common, their magic will be easier to cast, possibly with more power, and also with more disastrous consequences. There is also an almost certain possibility that Gods can walk the material world again. With this, picking the Magic concept will be much more viable too like with Space and Emotion concepts. But it will risk clash with Tzeentch. He will no doubt enjoy me taking the Magic concept but I might not.

I need something that gives me an edge over both Chaos and other Gods. Thinking back again, none of the Chaos Gods have control of Space except maybe Tzeentch with his labyrinth. Neither does the human and elven Gods. As far as I remember. With that in mind, I picked the Space concept. I will pick Time or Emotion concepts if I get another concept slot and I unlock the hidden requirement for Time.

Space Concept Picked

Grant basic control of space. Establish domain, expand and shrink spaces, create spatial artifacts.

Can establish Divine Domain in synergy with Divinity concept

Can bestow specialized magical mutations that allow access to mirror or shadow dimension for a short time with Bloodline concept

Can now compress self in synergy with Facsimile

All effects depends on Willpower and greatly amplified with Divinity

Nice, exactly just what I need. Now my herd has the potential to be as sneaky as Skaven. The magical mutation requires testing, just in time for our preparation. Whatever Nurgle plans with Wolfe, it won’t be good.

“Kal! Druig! Gather everyone! It is time for our ascension.”

Deep in Laurelorn. The forest that was once an otherworldly beauty and terror are now only a husk of its former selves. A third of it was lost in a single night to a blighted rot, but very, very much alive. Even the dryads are corrupted by the rot, turned mad against the Eonir elves themselves. The Eonir’s triumvirate once thought that Morghur, the corruptor, is here. But surviving testimonies report that it is something else. But almost as powerful as it corrupts even the most powerful life magic they have.

Messengers they have sent to Nordland and Middenland. If the relation they have built with them will not be honored then they might be forced to evacuate from their homeland or die trying to protect it.

The werewolf chieftess stalks a group of Eonir Elves, running from the forests. Most are harmless from the looks of it, with only a dozen or two holding weapons. All of them heavily coughing, their flesh blackened by the rot. Then she heard a howl to the south. A command to return was given. She already has proof on where the abomination has gone. She can return right now. If she is still following Wolfe, then she will immediately return if he returns. But she is here now and as a Norscan, returning empty handed is a wasteful if not a shameful display. She uses her illusory feather to partially conceal herself, then give the order to attack.

 

If you like or enjoy my story, consider supporting me on:

Patreon: patreon.com/Valarion07 - There are advance chapters for paid members. Currently already on Chapter 62

Ko-fi: ko-fi.com/valarion - If you want to just give one time donation

48