Chapter 4: Insanity That Is Longing
1.1k 5 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

———Lunia Hernandez———

 

This is the best! staying in my home is this body of mine♪ To be able to enjoy this body even during the day is a godsend! As in being in the form and not doing something questionable, I’m not a pervert, totally not. I don’t have to shield myself from the sunlight 24/7 now with this stone in hand. Of course that doesn’t mean the sunlight don’t affect me anymore, it’ll try to reverse the effect, but all it can do is stop my ears and tail from sprouting out, which is actually better in some case, if I’m accidentally saw by someone at least they can’t see my features. Now what to do for today, I already finished with my homework already, for whatever reason I deal with them super quickly compared to most, I guess it’s time to laze around play games and reading people being envious about not getting supernatural changes like in those stories that don’t sound far fetched for me because of actually being a victim of that…

One thing I thought of after yesterday was how cruel and cold hearted I acted toward her, I was doing it in the spur of the moment so my life can go back to normal… but at this point all I’m doing is hurting her, she’s probably not happy right now, I think what I did might make it even worse, it’ll make her more desperate for whatever she wants from me, I should just accepted being known by her and might as well spill the beans, like it’s gonna get any worse than that… I really should stop with these secrets, I can’t just bare it alone anymore, I just can’t… but now may not be a good time to apologize, I should find some distraction, like a game to play...

Game it is, I usually play video game at home on my computer, or on VR, playing as a girl character online and all that, I am a girl, half the time, or all the time now with that convenient item in place, so it’s not strange at all, I do have a very awkward time using headphones or earphones with my bunny ears, though I don’t actually need it with my hearing being better with these massive ears. I do mess around online a bit about my gender, if only a little, it’s hilarious, if a bit risky to my secret possibly being exposed over a prank or two. I like to play the mmorpg game called EX-VR, not exactly a creative title but the game is fun, I play as a bunny girl obviously, same appearance and everything, I play as a dps speedster, I actually ranked pretty well in the game, in the top 100. People call me the ‘speed demon bunny’ or SDB, an atrocious title, my in-game character is called Luna, not Lunia, it’s ridiculous to use even your second name for a in-game character, anyway it’s time to dive in!

 

<Username: LunaH>

<Password: **********>

 

<Login Complete>

<Downloading…>

<30%>

<60%>

<100%>

<Welcome back!>

 

#####

 

“It’s great to be back!” I exclaimed out loud, while I could’ve played this during the weekdays I was afraid of losing track of time and sleep late and wake up late. Let’s check my stats.

 

[Luna Hayate]

Level: 1,000

Species: Rabbit Beastkin

Class: Assassin (200) Strider (200) Ranger (200) Champion (200) Warrior (200) 

HP: 145,000/145,000

SP: 9,870/9,870

STR: 7,700

DEX: 6,350

VIT: 5,420

INT: 5,190

AGI: 12,560

MND: 5,020

LUK: 6,290

 

I’m super focus on agility, and it save my hide so many times having such an absurd speed, of course it doesn’t help against R-san and her merry band of top 7 players, not that I’ll even want to fight her of course. I use a hammer, like in the folklore, it just fits. My character’s in-game look have cosmetics on, a white hoodie and black jeans, it’s actually quite similar to my real-life attire. Anyway it’s time to solo stuff like a fool, as usual.

 

#####

 

———Sophia Hayes———

 

I haven’t touch this game in a while, EX-VR, I played it for a bit with the money I stole from that guy just to spite him, and he never noticed, I also brought it because people in class recommended it as a good distraction, and now it’s time for some distraction after what just happened yesterday… seriously whatever I feel feels like a terrible chest pain, it’s sucks... if only she was here to give me an answer... no, she’ll never be here, I have to deal with that... somehow... like with this game...

 

<Username:SophiHa>

<Passwors:*******>

 

<Login Complete>

<Downloading…>

<30%>

<60%>

<100%>

<Welcome back!>

 

#####

 

I haven’t played this for quite a while, I actually haven’t been doing much I this game. My in-game avatar is kinda like me, only taller and with lighter hair color, I want to at least look like myself in this game somewhat.

 

[Sophina Hesaya]

Level: 240

Species: Human

Class: Grappler (100) Strider (100) Ranger (40)

HP: 18,570/18,570

SP: 1,230/1,230

STR: 933

DEX: 945

VIT: 910

INT: 390

AGI: 1,308

MND: 751

LUK: 860

 

I really have been slacking pretty hard on this game, well, nothing for it, time to go smash something up!

 

#####

 

It’s a plain field where I’m at, a bunch of monsters of all kind of levels exist here, basically where both strong and weak players gathered. I’m just punching monsters and relieving my stress, at least trying to, that guy wasn’t kidding, it’s like I’m going insane with all the thing I witnessed yesterday and how I’m feeling now. Nothing for it, time to smash some monster!

 

Aha! Here’re more punching bag! A few wolves to kill.

*Dash*

*Punch* *Kick*

Hah! Take that wolf no.1! Three more! It’s all aiming for me, just dodge and counter should work with these low intelligence beasts.

*Dive*

*Dodge*

Nice try! Down and-

“Punch*

Right in the belly! 

*Dive*

*Dodge*

Not gonna work on me! 

*Kick*

Feel nice to send it flying with a roundhouse kick to the face.

*Slam*

Damn! I forgot about this one! Good thing it’s weak. 

“Incoming!” Huh? Who’s saying that? Whoever it was she sounds familiar…

*Smash*

I didn’t see what she did… wait that’s…

“Are you… okay?” She gave me a concerned look.

“L-Lu” I stuttered real bad, it’s her, it’s her!

“Oh you heard of me before? Not surprising since I’m one of the top 100 player, anyway, I guess I’ll be going now” She turn back and ready to go on her way.

“Wait!” I desperately cried out, she look back at me.

“What?” She turn her head back at me and gave me another look of concern.

“Lu-Lunia” Her eyes widen and her smile quickly disappeared, now she turn her whole body toward me. Damn she looks the exact same as in real life! Except for the rabbit parts.

“Sophia… to think we would meet again” That’s the first time I ever heard her say my name, somehow I felt relief hearing her saying it.

“Please… talk to me again… I want to know, why am I so freaking confused and sad right now, it feels like I’m going insane, yet when I see you again it started to disappear, Eric told me this might happened, what did you do?...” I said, desperate for an answer, I can’t look away, I need to confront these feelings.

“Eric said that? That guy sure is bad with words, then again he isn’t good at anything anyway, I don’t and can’t do something like that, that guy really should disappear for good already” She said in a mocking tone, she must really hate Eric. But does that mean she have no idea why I feel this way? 

“... I’ll say that I do have my theory of why you might feel what you did, but it’s less than likely and it’s a bit dangerous to talk about…” Her face started to redden a bit. What does she mean?

“Before that let’s get out of here, this is no place to have a chat” She’s not wrong on that. Thankfully there’s an area for just chatting in this game.

 

#####

 

“Alright, here we are in the private chat room thingy, let’s talk for a bit then” I thought she didn’t want to see me anymore?

“Well, it’s not like I can avoid you forever anyway, might as well get to the bottom of this now” Did she just read my mind!?

“You’re an open book right now you know that?” I am!?

“Yeah, you’re very emotional right now and it’s leaking the fuck out, along with your thoughts, you really need to relax” She said sounding really worried. I’ll try! … calm down… calm down…

“That’s a bit better, well? Care to talk?” She said with cold and calm tone.

“Y-Yeah” I still stuttered.

“Alright, how are you felling right now?”

“Ummm, a bit better since you’re here I suppose…” 

“I see… why do you want to know about me so much?”

“... I was… I want to know more about you, I want to get to know you better, after that day I just can’t stop thinking about you, on one hand I know that one of the reasons is that you’re strong and I want to follow your example, that’s why I’m pursuing you…”

“But that’s not the full story is it?”

“... I can tell it’s not but have no clue myself what the full story even is” Whatever it is it’s making me feel this way… I have no clue at all.

“I see… better try something out”

“What do you-”

*Hug*

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? She’s hugging me! She’s patting my back! Ahhhhhh!!! Hey don’t just stand back up after doing that!

“Guess I was right”

“Right with what!?”

“As much as I don’t want to say it… I diagnosed you with love” … What?

“E-Excuse me what?”

“You really have no idea, and here I thought I was bad with this crap, you are attracted to me at this moment”

“Attracted!? As in…”

“You have a crush on me and you didn’t even realized it, wow you’re really clueless about this”

“B-But you’re a girl! Why would I-”

“Are you kidding me? Are you aware of gay or lesbian?” She scorned.

“I-I heard of it but I thought very few people are! And I never actively seeking out girls before!”

“That’s kind of the problem, your lack of passion means that you’re unable to noticed even what kind of people you even like, tell me, have you actively seek out guys?”

“N-No”

“Yeah you have zero idea, but even without trying to pursue love one should be able to tell, how about this? Which is more attractive? A man, or a woman?”

“Woman obviously”

“Next question, have you ever admired a man before?”

“No, if you talk about their looks and such, I think woman is better”

“Do you take more time looking at girls or guys?”

“Girls”

“Do you feel more comfortable complimenting a girl or a guy?”

“Girl”

“Well? Have you noticed a pattern in your answers?”

“... Ahhh!” 

“Yeah you’re definitely attracted to girl, those are all kind of a stereotypical question I’d admit but still, shouldn’t have all answers be the same unless you’re actually les, people in the school did gossip over the possibility of you being one” They did!? … Hold on.

“How did you know about what people in the school said about me?” Her eyes widen with an ‘Oh crap’ look on her face, so she’s at the school, but she shouldn’t be a student there, I doubt people will not noticed a cute beauty like her.

“... It’s none of your concern, for the time being, as I have said, you have your feelings directed at me, and with me saying some harsh word back then it only served to make you suffer… My apology” She bowed down slightly, so it was love, it was me longing for her that caused this… I really can’t deny it looking back at everything I did…

“Well, if possible I would like to make up for that, perhaps after we’re done with this game I could send a gift of apology, or maybe something you want, as long as I’m capable”

“You don’t have to go that far…”

“No, I have to take responsibility charming someone now didn’t I? It’s only natural to make up for you for hurting your feeling. I’m not some irresponsible man after all” She said with a faint smile on her face. Yeah, she’s not like them, I can relied on her, unlike them. 

“Thanks” I said with a clear smile on my face… so this is what being accepted feels like… but would she accepted me? As someone she will love?

“You’re so easy to read, don’t worry about it, I’m attracted to girls too, have always been, have always know” 

*Hug*

… This feeling… is so blissful…

“I might not be the most reliable person, but I promise I will love you, just as you love me”

*Sob*

“Hey, don’t cry, it’s okay” She embraced me further…

“Let’s get out of this game now, and we can continue later”

“Alright… but can we stay like this for a bit longer?” 

“Sure”

 

#####

 

It’s like a new door have opened before me, one that I thought never existed, that I will never reach, the one of longing, I thought the living hell wouldn’t have something like that… guess I was wrong. I couldn’t help but smile. Right now I wait for her, she said she’s making something for me. I have waited for quite a long time, at least that’s what I thought, but looking at the phone multiple times tell me that it’s only been 40 minutes, my sense of time is so off with so much emotions dwelling within me.

*Ding*

Ah! She’s here!

*Open*

“Hey there, sorry to took so long” She said with a apologetic smile, she really don’t have to go this far, but I appreciate her for it, she hold a box in her hands, probably whatever she made for me.

“It’s fine, please come in”

“Don’t mind me then” She took off her shoes and went inside, this time she doesn’t seem to hold her hood down anymore. Hm? She’s wearing something on her neck, a necklace of some kind?... no, it’s the moon rock that I gave her! So she made it an accessory, kind of a strange use for it.

“Is no one else here?”

“No, that bastard you hit is at to a hospital, and my mother like to sleep alone in her room, she couldn’t really considered to be here exactly” 

“Well… that’s fine, anyway time to open the box” She put the box down on the table and open it, with a bunch of mochis, I have heard of it, but never eat it myself, Japanese sweets aren’t exactly common in the not-Japan.

“Did you made this?”

“Yeah, I made this pretty often, try some” Didn’t expected a girl like her to also do sweets, she’s really full of surprises. Well, nothing could go wrong…

*Munch*

It’s amazing! So soft and sweet! So freaking good!

“What’s with that anime reaction?” She said and giggled.

“Can’t help it, never eat something so good before!”

“You’re exaggerating” 

“Said the person making it and most likely eating a lot of it” I retorted. She smiled back.

“Fair enough, let’s sit down and enjoy it, I made a lot”

“Are you going to be a confectioner later on or something? These are great!”

“Nah, I only have knack for making mochi and nothing else”

“I’ll take your word for it, for now, I’m sure you’re just being self-deprecating, which I noticed you do a lot” She never compliment herself at all, just insulting herself.

“I’m not, I’m not exactly strong or smart” There she goes again with a wry smile.

“Don’t even joke about that, you just beat the shit out of two guys in a few blows, there’s no way you’re not strong”

“I never considered it that way, plus it was a cheap shot” She said, starting to get a bit nervous from me praising her, maybe she never realized how strong she actually was?... It’s unlikely but maybe that’s the case. I continue asking while still eating these amazing things.

“Well, if it’s between you and I, who’s faster?”

“You obviously” Yeah she have no idea at all.

“How about we put that to the test later?”

“The result is obvious already, I have no idea why you’ll think I’m super strong and stuff, when comparing our performance during PE you’re the number one, I’m not even close” There she goes again about something that happened in school, the way she worded make it seems like she’s in my class, yet she obviously isn’t.

“Still bothered by how you know about my school life” Whoops, I said that out loud, I’m sure she doesn’t want to talk about it.

“Well, since we’re going to be in a relationship, I might as well spill the beans about everything, ‘power’ that you want so much included, it’s not a pretty story I can tell you that” She said so leaning against the chair.

“Really?” Will she really tell me everything?

“Yeah, I’ll tell you about this ‘power’, miss power hungry” No one ever called me that before, it doesn’t exactly sound flattering…

“Power hungry… I can’t really argue with that”

“Glad you don’t deny it, well, I doubt you’ll want this in the end, and I hope you stop your obsession with it, it’s unhealthy, I’m genuinely concerned… it’s why I spout threats nonstop yesterday, I don’t want you to be like that” So what she did yesterday was out of good faith and not just her own privacy and secret? ‘She’s dangerous’. That couldn’t be more wrong Eric. Speaking of which.

“Thanks for stopping me I guess, by the way what is you relation with Eric?” Her face squirmed at the mention of his name. What has he done to upset such a capable and reliable girl like her?

“The past, he’s nothing but the past” Why is she so cryptic half the time?

“Can you please not be cryptic about it?”

“Don’t worry, it’s related to what I’ll show you” She stood up and take off the moon rock necklace and put it in her pocket… suddenly her body seems to be changing, what’s going on?... Her face morphs itself into something less spectacular, the slim and softness of the body disappearing… what? I look up at ‘her’ again and what I saw wasn’t what I’m expecting…

“Eric?” The person I called out to look at me with a disgusted look on his face, glaring at me…

What’s. Going. On!?

27