Chapter 24 Part 1 – Blitzkrieg
6.9k 27 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for not responding to any of your recent comments and sorry for the shorter chapters. Everything will go back to normal after the next release and I will start responding to all past comments. I'm extremely tired from my testing. 

Discord -->  https://discord.gg/mhjetEK

Read a release ahead -> https://www.patreon.com/user?u=33496388

https://youtu.be/oVWEb-At8yc Bismarck by Sabaton

"This is a war of extermination" - Adolf Hitler

Updated map of the world -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ntIUk4rEx6HcJk71gaERN7sEl-fbokhE/view?usp=sharing

0834 January 31st, 2020 CE

Washington D.C.

In the Oval Office, President Hayes is receiving his morning briefing. 

“Overall, the negotiations have gone quite smoothly with the Machian military officials. They have agreed, although quite bitterly, to hand over the territory that the Magus lost 35 years ago. We also have found the illegitimate daughter of the Emperor. Although she is refusing, our diplomat is saying that it is likely she could be convinced. Now, the main issue is our further operations in the Bem Kingdom and Mach Imperium. We will have to garrison forces and construct bases in order to cement our control. We will also have to be wary of possible dissent and other factors.”

About Two Months Later

1020 March 21st, 2020 CE

President Hayes is in a meeting with his senior staff when a knocks disturbs it.

“Mr.President! Urgent!”

“What?”

“Our satellite found a continent surfacing to the south of the Magus Imperium.”

The President questions it as if he had lost his hearing.

“Hm? Surfacing?” 

“It’s coming out of the ocean.”

A confused face forms on the President.

“What?”

0104 March 21st, 2020 CE

0332 Start 51st, 196 AE

Afvalin, Elven Nation, Elven Continent

Tarron Venharice views the scene in front of him. Hundreds of ships are preparing in the main port. Hundreds of magipanzers motor down the road beside him. As this is happening, the air bubble held up by the Great Magus for nearly 150 years slowly disappears from top to bottom. The water that was kept for the port in the air bubble meets the water of the oceans. 

The Great Magus has truly served his and his father’s nation. Even now, the disappearing air bubble and the resurfacing of the continent is only possible because of the Great Magus. Tarron reminisces of the time when his father was still alive and the Great Magus wasn’t near death. One of his greatest memories was when he, his father, and the Great Magus entered the Royal Palace with their army and overthrew the weakling king who had submitted to the humans. If only the Great Magus’s health wasn’t bad, they could have immediately started an offensive against the humans. The power of the Great Magus was unmatched but his health required him to need extreme care. Even with powers to raise and lower small continents, he would have died from his illness if he went into battle. Now it was up to him to accomplish his father’s dream.

Tarron looks up towards the sky and mumbles.

“Dear Father, once I’m finished, there will not be even one single human left on this planet. I shall cleanse it of all its filth and inferior species.” 

0414 March 21st, 2020 CE

0507 Start 51st, 196 AE

Western Beaches of the Magus Imperium, 

It is a bright and sunny day on the Western Coastal Defense Line, a line of naval fortifications and trenches stretching from one end of the western beaches of the Magus Imperium to the western end of the Magus-Mach border. It has been about two months since the defeat of the Mach Imperium. Although still active, the number of soldiers on the Western Coastal Defense Line is slowly being reduced. With no foreseeable threat in the near future because of the Magus defeat and their non-aggression pact with the United States of America, the Magus Imperium has decided not to waste so many resources and manpower on the coastal defenses. In the highest and one of the few still manned naval fortifications, a soldier lazily scans the horizon looking for ships. He sweeps his binoculars from west to east before quickly moving back to a spot that he had just passed. 

“Sir… a rather large ship has appeared over the horizon. Were the Navy conducting exercises?”

“Hm? I didn’t get any reports of our Navy conducting any exercises here. Could it be a merchant ship?”

“Can’t be. It looks like a battleship... it’s turning to its broadside.”

“Give me the binoculars!”

The commander of the naval fortification grabs the binoculars out of the soldier’s hands. After looking through the binoculars for a bit, the commander screams out in alarm.

“It’s huge… It… it’s turning its gun towards us!”

“Enemy?”

“Man the gun! Man, it! Contact the other fortifications!”

A few minutes later, it is too late. While still loading the naval gun, a massive blast destroys the naval fortification. The surviving and still manned naval fortifications desperately try to elevate their gun to target the massive battleship.

A few minutes earlier

The pride of the Elven Nation and a beast made of steel, the NN(National Navy) Venharice aims at the coast with its eight 38 cm cannons. 

Created to lead the elven war machine and to rule the waves, it is being used at the start to demonstrate the might of the Elven Nation. 

“Show these humans true war! Fire!”

The eight cannons blast an entire salvo towards the fortifications. Within minutes, eight 1,764-pound armor-piercing shells detonate across the targeted portion of the Western Coastal Defense Line. For the next ten minutes, the guns on the NN Venharice continue firing salvos in intervals towards the naval fortifications. 

A few more minutes later 

Hundreds of landing craft and supporting warships appear from behind the battleship speeding towards the beaches. These landing crafts, designed by the top engineers of the Elven Nation, are able to carry four heavy magipanzer weighing 50 tons each hundreds of miles on the seas. Today they are carrying a mixture of infantry, magipanzers, magitrucks, magiartillery, and other vehicles. 

On other sectors of the western beaches of the Magus Imperium, similar events play out.

0426 March 21st, 2020 CE

0513 Start 51st, 196 AE

Abellinum

People bustle around in the streets of one of the biggest cities in the northwestern region of the Magus Imperium. Two months ago, the city had one of the biggest celebrations in its history. People celebrated fervently to the news of the Machian defeat. From the formation of the Magus Imperium, the Machian Imperium had always been a threat and an arch-nemesis. Magusian schools had always taught their students that the Machians were vicious demons aiming to destroy the Magus Imperium. For most of the lives of the common Magusian citizen, the threat of invasion from the Mach Imperium was always there. When the news had spread about the Machian defeat and occupation, everyone became hysterical. Of course, it was disappointing that it wasn’t caused by their own hands but it was still a victory nonetheless. Now, with everything back to normal and the mess from the celebration cleaned up, people had quickly returned to their daily lives. In one of the busy main streets of the city, people entered and exited stores and cars snailed their way through the congested road. All of a sudden, hundreds of terrifiying screeching sounds proliferate through the air. People look up towards the sky to witness aircraft diving towards them. In an instance, the bustling city shatters. Numerous large explosions go off and screams of horror can be heard throughout the city as men, women, and children scramble for cover. Cars screech to a stop in the middle of the streets as their occupants run away. The people who were once strolling calmly through the streets are either running into buildings or crouching down. 

In the air, hundreds of magi dive bombers, Ra-189s designed by the Ralnor Aircrafts and Motor Works in 189 AE, dive towards the city to unleash their payload. Thousands of 550 lb bombs and 50 lb bombs rain down onto the city, indiscriminately killing anyone in its blast radius. Many minutes pass before the explosions and screeching come to a stop. A devastated city is left behind. Fires rage and buildings crumble.

99