Chapter 59 – Looming Battle
4.6k 14 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hope you guys like this chapter! Man, do I have a lot of schoolwork... 

1425 April 14th, 2020 CE (Washington DC Time)

1012 Sun 14th, 2020 CE (Elven Nation Time)

0825 April 14th, 2020 CE (Hawaii Time)

A submarine of the Elven Attack Fleet, S-56

“Captain! There’s something approaching from our front at high speeds!”
The captain looked over the UMWEs (Underwater Mana Wave Emittor) operator’s shoulder and watched as a blip moved closer and closer to the center. He had been warned about the fact that American weapons were a bit superior to the elves. 

“Must be an American weapon of sorts. Probably an advanced torpedo. Dive! Dive! Dive! Evade it!” 

The ballast tanks inside the submarine filled with water as the submarine started going deeper. The submarines behind them started turning left and right. 

“It should pass right over now.”

The crew waited quietly. The blip on got closer and closer. Then the submarine shook. 

“It hit us!”

Sounds of panic started.

“We are taking on water!”
“The bottom compartments are all filling with water!”

 

Submarines behind the S-56

“S-56 has been hit.”

“The torpedo has come out the other side of S-56! It’s changing directions and coming towards us sir!”

“Get us to the surface! Being underwater isn’t safe!”

 

Elven Attack Fleet Flagship, NN Conqueror

“Admiral! Our submarines are under attack. Some sort of torpedo is going right through them.”

Admiral Edyrm Vaynore sat down with a beleaguered face. He had experienced the power of American weaponry and still had no strategy to completely deal with them. He said his next words without the commanding aura of his past self but that of a normal man in a regular conversation. 

“Since we haven’t been attacked yet, this weapon may only be capable of attacking submarines. Tell all submarines to surface.” 

“They are doing just that sir.”

“Good.”

S-88

“S-71 had been taken out. It’s changing directions towards S-102. It’s fast! S-102 has been taken out. It’s changing directions again. It’s targeting S-34”

“Why can’t we rise faster!”
The captain of S-88 felt panic welling up in him as the single American torpedo destroyed one submarine after another.

“Come on. Come on…”

“We are approaching the surface, Captain.”

 

NN Conqueror

Admiral Vaynore questioned his staff. 

“What's the situation?”

“8 submarines were taken out by what we classified as some sort of torpedo.”

“What is this ‘torpedo’?”

“It’s not explosive but it’s guided and goes straight through our submarines. Causes them to fill up with water from where the torpedo entered and exited.”
“It's too dangerous to submerge. Tell all submarines to travel on the surface.”

“What will they do during battle, sir?”

Admiral Vaynore hesitated at that question. Submarines were made to be stealthy and attack from underwater. Now that they couldn’t go underwater, they had lost their main advantage.

“... I will find a way.”

 

Ocean near Hawaii

Two sailors on the USS Zumwalt were talking while doing their jobs. 

“What the hell are the higher-ups even thinking? The main guns don’t even work on this thing.”

“Well, we still have our missiles.” 

“I heard that the elves have a hundred submarines. How in God’s name are we gonna deal with that?”
“I dunno how exactly but I do know we are still gonna beat the shit out of them. Besides, you’re panicking far too early. The battle shouldn’t actually happen until like 12 hours from now.” 

 

1634 April 14th, 2020 CE (Washington DC Time)

1034 April 14th, 2020 CE (Hawaii Time)

The Suburbs of Honolulu, Hawaii

“Garry! Seems like the neighbors are panicking. They are packing up and leaving.” 

“Honey, we will be fine. It’s a bunch of World War 2 ships.”

“But still. I’m a tad bit worried. Don’t you think we should try to find a safer place? Maybe go closer inland at least?”

The words from the TV in the background caught their attention. 

<<<”This just coming in. The President will shortly be addressing the nation on the current situation.”>>>

“Honey, they are just overreacting. This isn’t some Independence Day movie. Aliens aren’t coming to obliterate us with a massive laser. Look I’m pretty sure the President is coming on to tell everybody to calm down.” 

<<<”My fellow Americans. 79 years ago on December 7th, Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Navy and Air Force of the Empire of Japan. We were caught off guard and suffered severe losses. Now, we face a similar threat. However, history will not repeat again. We know that a large Elven fleet is closing in on Hawaii. We know their exact location. We know what we are facing. The United States Navy, Air Force, and Air National Guard will confront and stop them soon. My fellow Americans, you have nothing to fear. Your safety is guaranteed. Hawaii is not under threat. People of Hawaii! Do not panic. Place your trust in the Armed Forces of the United States. The enemy will not lay hands on American soil! I promise you that not a single enemy explosive will land on Hawaii! Thank you and may God bless America.”>>>

 

1823 April 14th, 2020 CE (Washington DC Time)

White House 

“First engagement should occur within the next 12 hours, Mr. President.”

President Hayes nodded.

“How’s the fleet that's going to clear the way for D-Day II?” 

It was decided to call the operation to invade the Elven homeland, D-Day II because it truly fit the situation. It also shed a good light on it. The purpose was to emphasize that this was a war to defeat a country with a similar ideology to the Nazis. 

“Should be approaching soon. The operation has been set to commence about two weeks from now.” 

“Good. Good. What about the current ground situation in the Magus Imperium? How’s our land forces?”

“Everything should be completely secured now. We do have a problem with the prisoners though.”

“Hm?”

“There’s too much for us to handle. Fifty thousand.”

President Hayes' demeanor changed at that number and whistled.

“Any solution?”

“I was just about to ask you about this. We are thinking of handing most of them over to the Magusians. They seem well experienced at handling large numbers of prisoners taking into account their massive wars with the Mach. They also seem quite willing to take them.”

Hayes knew that handing the elves over to the Magus would end pretty badly for the elves but not doing so would have caused problems in the future. And besides, he didn’t really care for the elves. They weren’t even human so there weren't any pesky rules of war that applied to them. Of course, he still wanted most of the rules of war to be followed in order to maintain a good public opinion. 

“I suppose that's fine. Any news from the Green Berets we inserted?”

“Nothing new since the last time I briefed you on them. They should either have arrived or gotten close to arriving in the Elven capital.” 

 

Ocean between the Soane Continent and Magus Imperium

A large American fleet was sailing straight towards the Elven homeland. Seaman James Murray was talking to his friend, Seaman Zach Stevens again. 

“Why aren’t we turning around then?”
“Won’t get there in time. And besides, I don’t think a bunch of outdated ships are gonna do much.”

 

0350 April 15th, 2020 CE (Washington DC Time)

0455 Sun 15th, 2020 CE (Elven Nation Time)

Afavalin, Elven Nation 

Two elves walked into the hotel.

“Welcome! What are you boys here for?” 

“How much is the cost for a month’s stay for both of us?”

“A month you say… hm… let me calculate that. Give me a few seconds.”

The receptionist got out a piece of paper and did some calculations. 

“That would be about one Gold and ten Silvers for a one-month stay.” 

“Okay, thank you.” 

One of the elves fished out 1 Gold and 10 Silver notes and placed them on the counter. 

“We have breakfast every morning. If you have any problems, come down to this desk and we will gladly fix it.”

 

The elves got into the room and shut the door behind them. They quickly took their ears off. 

“Phew, finally, these fake elf ears get very uncomfortable very fast.”

The other “elf” got out their radio. He spoke into it in a low voice. 

<<<“This is Fairy One Actual. Is everyone in position? Over.”

“Fairy Three has already settled down, over.”

“This is Fairy Four, we just got there, over.”

“Yep for Fairy Two, over.”

“Fairy Five is nearly there, over.” 

“Fairy Six is um somewhat lost. Um, we shouldn’t be far from where we are supposed to be. Over.”

“Good to hear, just follow the plan. Out.”

They had decided to further split up the group into a total of 6 teams with 2 people in each. The original 2 team with 6 each wasn’t optimal. Having such a large group of elven males coming into the capital city at once and staying at the same place was bound to raise suspicions. 

 

An hour later

Pablo and Dennis strolled through the streets of Afavalin. It was extremely lively, people crowded the streets and cars clogged the roads. Other than the noticeable lack of skyscrapers and the fact that everyone had pointy ears, it kind of felt like New York City. 

As they walked down the street, they spotted a building of interest. It was given a large space and had guards protecting it. 

Pablo nodded to Dennis. They separated. Dennis wandered around the street but purposefully and slowly got closer to the protected building. He walked right into one of the guards. 

“What are you doing?!”

“Oops, sorry. I’m so sorry.”

“Get out of here!” 

“Um, I’m completely lost. Where exactly am I?”

“Are you blind? This is the home of our great Leader! If you don’t leave, I will shoot!”

“Sorry. I’m leaving.” 

Dennis turned his back and walked away quickly with a smirk on his face. 

 

0350 April 15th, 2020 CE (Washington DC Time)

2150 April 14th, 2020 CE (Hawaii Time)

Honolulu, Hawaii

Deck of the USS Missouri 

“Whoever ordered this to be reactivated is a complete idiot.”

An engineer looked at one of the manuals for the USS Missouri. 

“What the fuck is this part?”

Another engineer walked over and looked at it.” 

“Not sure. I guess it’s saying that that’s connected to that.”

“Oh, reactivate one of the missile systems, they said. It should be easy, they said. Motherfuckers. This ship hasn’t actually been maintained for 29 fucking years. Can't whoever is on top understand that.”

“The generators are kaput. We won’t fix them in time. We are gonna need to bring in our own if we want to get the missile systems running.” 

“How are they even gonna fire the fucking missiles? We have to replace the electric panels.” 

 

0712 April 15th, 2020 CE (Washington DC Time)

0112  April 15th, 2020 CE (Hawaii Time)

Miles away from Hawaii. 

On the USS John C. Stennis, two F/A-18 Super Hornets got ready on the catapult.

78