10 – A Speck on a Jade Stone Can’t Obscure Its Brilliance
127 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>One small fault won't spoil the impression of an overall exceptional person<


 

Mo Qing Tian was the few people Bai BingLu trusted with her life. He was the only that approached her back when she was the black sheep of the Bai Jia. When compared to Lao Bai and Bai BingYun who only protect her due to their guilt and responsibility, Mo Qing Tian became her family because he wanted to. 

He was the third person she called family.

“I need a favour.”

“As long as you are not asking me to kill someone.” Mo Qing Tian paused, “But that could be managed if that person was an asshole.” 

Bai BingLu smiled, yet it did not reach her eyes, “I need you to research these.” 

She gave him the paper containing what she found at Xiao YiJun’s village. If anyone could find out what those scribbles are, it would be this curious cousin of hers. 

Mo Qing Tian took the papers. His eyes went wide as he scanned the contents. 

“This! Where did you find this?” 

“..Where Yu Yan hunted the xiangliu.”

Ah, that would have explained her lateness. Mo Qing Tian cursed internally and verbally, even though his eyes and hands were still glued onto the papers. Despite the danger, the thing she gave was very interesting that even though talisman was not his expertise, it intrigued him enough to give a damn. 

“You can get killed if Yu Yan found out about this. That you went snooping around about him.”

“I’m just being curious, I won’t be approaching Yu Yan.”

“Do you think he will let you dig into his life?”

“Come on, don’t you feel curious too?”

Bai BingLu batted her eyelash, her eyes glinting mischievously. Mo Qing Tian sighed and leaned in closer to Bai BingLu.

“You goddamn right I am.”

Bai BingLu giggled and returned to her cheery demeanour, “Don’t worry, it's not like we are actively sneaking around to find the clue. Only if the evidence comes hopping into our lap.”

“It better be. You know Yu Yan is not someone you can go against with.”

Bai BingLu agreed with a hum. 

Yu Yan was a very influential cultivator in the society, with his father being the sect leader for Piercing Sky and his master being the only cultivators to ascend to Godhood in the past millennium. If someone were to choose to be the rival of Yu Yan, it would be Tu Huo Long. 

“Just by looking at the talisman roughly, is it really important in capturing the xianglu?”

“Hm…It looks like the usual talisman to use for beast capturing but I can see it has been altered in some way.”

“Altered? Won’t it ruin the effect?”

Bai BingLu asked. There was no wonder she can barely recognise the talisman. It was not her lack of knowledge of the subject, no. It was modified, who would have recognised it? Surely she was not the only one who can be tricked.

“One will need extensive knowledge and a creative mind to be able to successfully alter talisman.” 

“Is Yu Yan that smart? He is practising sword cultivation, right?” 

Mo Qing Tian knocked her head and spat. “Don’t look down on sword cultivators, you alchemist!” 

Bai BingLu looked offended, “What’s wrong with alchemists? It's a peaceful way of life!”

“I hope you don’t run your mouth like that in public.”

“Aiyo, gege~ You know I only acting this way with you only~”

“Who’s your gege? My mother only popped out one child!” 

“Okay, okay, I will stop.” Bai BingLu came up with another topic, “By the way, how strong was Yu Yan actually? So far, what has only been established was the reputation of his parents and master. He only borrowed their fame. AND! He is using shady tricks to capture the Xianglu. He cannot be as strong as the rumour, isn’t it?”

Mo Qing Tian squinted his eyes. Bai BingLu’s logic was accurate and realistic when seen neutrally. However,  influences was a powerful thing nevertheless how it was attained. 

The only one that was allowed to underestimate Yu Yan was Tu Huo Long and the reason was that he was way too strong to be suppressed by Yu Yan’s influence. Even if Yu Yan gathered the force of the whole cultivation world, they might not be able to defeat him who was also supported by the powerful Tu Jia. 

The woman who had spent her days in the vicinity of her home, what she knew of the politics of the cultivation world?

Mo Qing Tian sighed for the nth time in one day and took a sip of his cold tea. One day, he would need more than tea to calm his fear of his cousin landing in trouble.

“Anyway who are the children with you?”

He asked, a bit curious about how protective she was to the point she had marked them with her scent. The two were a bit too young to be potential partners and Bai BingLu never said anything about liking men (or boys) before either.

“Oh, they are my disciple.”

Mo Qing Tian spat his tea. He covered his mouth with his hand and stared at Bai BingLu like a father who was told that his unmarried daughter was pregnant.

“Are you crazy? You don’t even know who they are!”

“They need my help, Da Tian.”

“So help them then! Why do you need to adopt them?! Bai BingLu, are you an idiot????”

Mo Qing Tian tried to soothe his heart by circling the room, yet he cannot find the logic in Bai BingLu taking in disciples. Not one, but two! She took the responsibility of raising TWO children whose backgrounds were who knows what! 

He lost his words. His cousin who never went out of the house decided her first outing will be a worldwide journey. She even took in two disciples. This first journey had not ended and yet he already feared for her second journey. 

What’s next? Killing a dragon?

Mo Qing Tian stopped pacing around and stood in front of Bai BingLu. 

“Have you told Lao Bai and BingYun yet?”

Bai BingLu smiled and silently sipped the tea.

Mo Qing Tian sighed, he needs that alcohol now. His parents always lamented how naughty he was, always sticking his nose where he did not belong and searching for trouble. They should have been grateful that they got him and not Bai BingLu. 

"Oh, can you tell the maid to cook food without any spices? The children's stomach cannot take it."

"These are the persons you want to spend your life with?! Bai BingLu, you are digging your own grave!"

 


 

“What do you think they are talking about, xiao di?”

He had acknowledged it but Ji Shen could not understand why Bai BingLu would take in Xiao YiJun when the boy was obviously very susceptible to his heart demon. 

Ji Shen gave him a few years before he succumbed to Qi deviation. 

Xiao YiJun gave him a cold stare, “I don’t know.”

Ji Shen hoped the time would come sooner. 

 


a/n: ShenShen is not the only who can do aegyo

 

Bai BingLu : *took in strangers as disciple*

Mo Qing Tian : Sis, you're crazy

Disciples: *cannot eat spice*

Mo Qing Tian : DISHONOUR! YOU HAVE CURSED YOUR BLOODLINE! HOW DARE YOU!

3