Chapter 8 – (Title at the end*)
1.4k 6 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Because he managed to get such a talent, Amulius kept analyzing each new slave that arrived. However, each one was more disappointing than the last. Aside from 1 more intermediate talent, there were a disappointing 7 with basic talents and 5 with no talents at all.

Two of the kids, an elf girl and a bunny-type half-beastkin boy with pretty looks, were sold to Tanicia, the brothel madame. These two kids would be trained for extreme sex plays, with some of them possibly lethal or crippling. However, if they manage to survive a number of these plays, they had a chance to work for the madame as regulars, no longer needing to do these extreme plays. Because of this, they were considered lucky.

The rest of the slaves were bought by murderous pedophiles, cannibals, a thrifty and sociopathic mage, mine owners, a pit-fighting boss who wanted some cannon-fodder, and the last one by rich adventurers who wanted live human bait. As for the other VIPs, they didn't make a move.

Most of the aristocrats present also didn't manage to get a slave, but they didn't care. For them, this was more of a social gathering and for entertainment, and buying a slave was secondary.

As Amulius was feeling vexed from wasting his time, the fat auctioneer called out to the crowd, "Honorable guests! We have saved the best for last, the best item on our catalog for today. Snatched from orc barbarian traders, we have found this child through sheer luck. From his skillset and stats, he should be a premium pit fighter! Please welcome, Latagu of the Thunder-Cry Tribe!"

Everyone's eyes finally lit up, especially the pit-fighting bosses. This included the Fidelis siblings and Dalthu. They all looked with expectant eyes as a slave girl wearing erotic dancer clothes brought in the merchandise.

The orc kid was everything you would expect from a tribal orc. Muscular, savage-looking, ugly, and scarred. He only lacked the traditional orcish tattoos that decorated adult orcs. Also, unlike the other kids, who had shock, fear, or despair written on their faces, he had a calm look of confidence on him, showing his mental fortitude under pressure.

All the pit-fighting bosses' eyes lit up! They all knew that it was premium merchandise!

They also recalled his stats from the catalog.

Spoiler

Name: Latagu Thunder-Cry
Race: Orc
Main Class: None (Locked)
Secondary Class: None (Locked)
Level: 2 (37%)
Age: 10
State: Normal, Enslaved(Vel Nemetorius Sanga)

Stats:

Strength: F
Vitality: E+
Agility: F+
Intelligence: E
Awareness: E
Aura: E+
Mana: G-

Skills:
[Lamarian language lvl 4], [Common Orcish lvl 6], [Arithmetics lvl 3], [Basic Intimidation lvl 3], [Basic Knife Mastery lvl 3], [Basic Hand-to-Hand Mastery lvl 10], [Basic Spear Mastery lvl 6], [Basic Axe Mastery lvl 10], [Basic Archery lvl 5], [Basic Blood Rage lvl 2], [Basic Enhanced Wit lvl 4], [Basic Enhanced Toughness lvl 5], [Basic Enhanced Natural Regeneration lvl 1], [Basic Stealth lvl 1], [Basic Blocking lvl 4], [Basic Parrying lvl 3], [Basic Evasion lvl 4], [Basic Aura Mastery lvl 4] 

[collapse]

Indeed. Compared to the rest of the riffraff from before, he was the real deal. He didn't even need much training and was a ready-made product, already prepared to be sent to the pits. The kid was trained in Aura Manipulation, and he even knew the skill Blood-Rage, which meant he had the talent to be a Warrior and Berserker. His skills and stats were already comparable to that of an E-rank warrior, and he was barely 10 and without a class! Clearly, he had amazing talent.

The fat auctioneer let the audience watch the merchandise for a bit before he said with a smile, "This isn't all. Even as an orc, the kid also has a certain talent in another aspect."

The fat auctioneer motioned to the slave/assistant, who, in turn, ordered the kid to undress. With a grunt, Latagu removed his loincloth, revealing his nether region. When the audience saw it, they all gasped in surprise. Even as a kid who at most just hit puberty, Latagu's flaccid penis was already the size of an erect adult one, being 4 inches long and also thick, with large testicles dangling on. Even as an orc, it was considered well-endowed for his age.1A 10 years-old child before puberty has a mean length of about 2 inches when erect. 4 inches for a 10-year-old before puberty is HUGE. And don't give me bullshit statistics. I did my research.

Immediately, the eyes of some rich ladies and the brothel owners, including Madame Tanicia, lit up. Although Latagu was considered ugly by human standards and was an orc, many women cared much less about that and only cared about sexual performance. Coupled with his muscular body, he was a natural stallion!

In the meantime, while all the aristocrats were distracted, Amulius had already analyzed the boy.

Spoiler

Name: Latagu Thunder-Cry
Race: Orc
Main Class: None (Locked)
Secondary Class: None (Locked)
Level: 2 (37%)
Age: 10
State: Normal, Enslaved(Vel Nemetorius Sanga)

Stats:

Strength: F (Muscle: F, Toughness: F)
Vitality: E+ (Health: E+, Endurance: E+)
Agility: F+ (Hand-eye Coordination: F+, Flexibility: F, Reflex: F+, Balance: E-)
Intelligence: E (Learning: E, Memory: E, Reasoning: E)
Awareness: E (Willpower: E, Judgement: E, Perception: E-, Intuition: E+)
Aura: E+ ( Aura Storage E+, Aura Attunement: E+)
Mana: G- ( Mana core: G-, Mana Conductivity: G-)

Skills:
[Lamarian language lvl 4], [Common Orcish lvl 6], [Arithmetics lvl 3], [Basic Intimidation lvl 3], [Basic Knife Mastery lvl 3], [Basic Hand-to-Hand Mastery lvl 10], [Basic Spear Mastery lvl 6], [Basic Axe Mastery lvl 10], [Basic Archery lvl 5], [Basic Blood Rage lvl 2], [Basic Enhanced Wit lvl 4], [Basic Enhanced Toughness lvl 5], [Basic Enhanced Natural Regeneration lvl 1], [Basic Stealth lvl 1], [Basic Blocking lvl 4], [Basic Parrying lvl 3], [Basic Evasion lvl 4], [Basic Aura Mastery lvl 4] 

Talents:
[Advanced Warrior Talent]
[Basic Berserker Talent]

[collapse]

He shook his head in disappointment. Although the kid had an advanced warrior talent and was up to standard, he wasn't worth it for Amulius. The reason being that he was already trained and would be heavily contested.

The fat auctioneer said with a smile, "Honorable guests, the initial price of this premium item is 5,000 silvers, and the minimum increment is 100 silvers. Make your bid!" 

Immediately, the entire audience went into a frenzy and called out, "5,000!"

"5,100!"

Very quickly, the price skyrocketed to 8,000 silvers. Amulius shook his head and lamented, "As expected."

Amulius had a certain rule. Never buy a slave whose potential was fully exposed. It was simply a bad deal. Although Latagu had the talent of an Elite Legionnaire Centurian, equal to a B or rarely A-Rank adventurer, he still wasn't worth it. Just the cost to raise him, gear him up, and train him was expensive. Not only that, there was the risk factor of death. Who knew if the kid would die or get crippled before he could mature? For every Elite Legionnaire Centurian, 10 possible talents die or get crippled before reaching their potential.

Even if they do reach their potential, the cost to hire one was only 300 silvers a month, with all the expenses included. You could hire one for 5 years for less than the price to only buy a premature product that still had maintenance expenses. Perhaps, to someone who can't see talent, Latagu was a good purchase. However, to Amulius, he was a bad deal.

In the world of Aessonia, where most poor and middle-class women give birth to at least 6-7 children in their lives, a world where plagues, curses, natural hazards, monster tides, dungeon outbreaks, and a powerful forbidden spell of a ninth circle mage could wipe out entire civilizations, a world filled with monsters, large-scale wars, and gods, where human life was worth as much as dirt, Latagu, a one in a thousand talent, was only so-so and expendable. That was the harsh truth he learned during the 73 years of his life.

Naturally, if he had a perfect talent, the talent of an S-rank so-called demigod, he would do all he can to buy him, even if he cost 100,000 silvers. If he didn't manage to buy him and determined the owner as cancerous, it wouldn't be beneath him to assassinate him and rescue the talent.

Potitus patted Amulius on the shoulder as he comforted, "No worries, I'm sure you will be able to get a good slave for your granddaughter."

Amulius shook his head in disappointment. Just then, his stomach rumbled and ached, "Oph... My stomach is acting up again, damn my old age... Potitus, I'm going to the latrine. I'll be back soon. Tell me the results later."

Potitus waved to him, "Alright."

And so, Amulius left to the latrine with Ahab following behind him as a dutiful guard.

 

 

 

In the meantime, in VIP room number 1...

"Brother... Sweet, dear brother... I want him!"

Consentia Fidelis, one of the two Fidelis siblings, begged her brother as she pulled at his sleeve while biting her lips. Her eyes were glued to Latagu's sizeable cock. Right now, in contrast to her immense beauty and high status, she looked more like a bitch in heat. She was fantasizing about how big he would be in a few years. If he also became an arena champion one day, he would also be a stallion worth bragging about! Even her friends would secretly ask for a chance to fuck him!

Aulus Sergius Fidelis, her full-blooded brother, stared at his sister in disgust and disappointment. It was a bit of an open secret, but his sister was not only childish, but was also a full-blown slut who had a thing for orcs, muscles, and large cocks. Although she was only 18, she already fucked a third of the male orc slaves in their family, 14 males in total. She even had [Intermidiate Sex-Arts Mastery lvl 2], which meant she didn't sleep with them only once, even fucking several of them at a time.

It was only thanks to birth control medicine that she didn't bear a dirt-blood bastard to the family, disgracing them all. It was especially so since the Fidelis family was a human-supremacist hardliner. She was a disgrace to the family. The only reason she wasn't secretly executed was that she was also an extremely talented alchemist, earning large sums of profits to the family.

Originally, he came here to buy a slave for his favorite sport, pit-fighting. However, this hindrance of a sister decided to tag along once she heard of a talented orc being sold.

Aulus lamented in his heart - Now, even if I manage to buy him, I would need to make sure that he survives. If he died, my sister would throw a tantrum! What a headache...

He sighed in resignation and said to his sister, "Fine, I will see what I can do..."

One of the people in the crowd called, "9,200!"

Aulus stood up and said with an amiable smile, "10,000! Please, friends, show me some respect today."

All the people in the audience looked at Aulus before cursing in their hearts. Aulus Sergius Fidelis, a powerful fourth circle magician at the age of 19 and the next hair of the Fidelis Family. They knew that they couldn't offend him, so they quieted down.

The fat auctioneer also cursed. This one could have reached at least 15,000. Now, his worth was cut short by 5,000 silvers. That was no small loss for the auction house.

In resignation, he called, "VIP room number 1 called 10,000. Anybody else? Calling 10,000..." "11,000!"

Just as he thought that the slave would go uncontested, suddenly, everyone turned to look at VIP room number 3. Dalthu, the ex arena champion, called a bid on Latagu.

When everyone saw that it was him, they knew that a bidding war was going to start. In the entire room, only Dalthu and Potitus had enough background to contend for the orc.

Dalthu said with a magnetic and powerful voice, "Sorry, little Aulus. I'll be taking this one."

Aulus clicked his tongue. He knew he just hit a hard wall. Still, he didn't wish to give up so easily.

"12,000! Sorry, Honorable Dalthu. I still want him."

"13,000!"

"14,000!"

The bidding kept going until it reached 19,000. At this point, Aulus was reaching the limit of his budget for today.

Aulus said, "Honorable Dalthu, I really want him! 19,100!"

Dalthu said with a frown, "I also want him! 19,500!"

While Aulus was hesitating, Consentia begged him with pleading eyes, "Brother..."

Aulus gritted his teeth and said, "Honorable Dalthu, please consider it as a personal favor! 19,600!"

Dalthu scoffed, "Who needs your favor? 19,700! Do you dare to continue, punk?"

Aulus knew that he couldn't buy him today, so he relented and said, "Fine. You can have him." And then, he sat back down on his chair.

The fat auctioneer wiped off the sweat on his brows and called out, "VIP Room number 3 called 19,700 silvers! Anyone else? "Calling 19.700 once! Calling 19,700 twice! SOLD 19,700 to number 3!"

Dalthu, who was on his seat, snorted as he stood up and left, not forgetting to send a look of disdain at Aulus. Although Aulus was richer than him because of his family, Dalthu, as an individual, was far more wealthy than him. The amount of money Dalthu could fork out at a time was only limited by his personal wealth. Besides, Dalthu was unafraid of him. Dalthu was a lvl 99 professional who almost ascended into a demigod, and he even managed to slay 3 weaker demigods. Aulus could only grit and bear.

After Dalthu left, the auctioneer called out, "Noble guests of our humble establishment, the last item of today's auction is here!"

Everyone in the auction house was surprised. They didn't hear about another item...

While they were confused, a half-orc child was brought in from behind the stage. The slave girl quickly brought him to the circle at the center of the stage. As soon as he was brought in, everyone saw his projection.

The child was 1.45m tall. Messy raven-black hair draped to his shoulders. His skin was greenish-gray. His ears were pointy like an elve's. His skin and face were smooth and handsome. His muscles were toned and tight, having an athletic vibe. He had some small scars on his body, but they were negligible. He had two intelligent golden eyes glowing determination no lesser than Latagu's. If it wasn't for the two protruding tusks and his orc features, he would have been considered very handsome for his age. Unfortunately, because of them, he only looked average by human standards. Still, he was far more handsome than Latagu. 

As all the aristocrats appraised him, a few servants brought in a few pages and dispersed them to the crowd and VIP room.

As they looked at the papers, the auctioneer explained, "Originally, Latagu was our last item. However, we obtained him at the last second, so we took the opportunity to sell him today! Please, do look at him. I am sure you will not be disappointed!"

Everyone checked the papers, including the Fidelis siblings and madame Tanicia.

Spoiler

Name: Mog Quickhand
Race: Human/Orc
Main Class: None (Locked)
Secondary Class: None (Locked)
Level: 1 (44%)(+1)
Age: 10
State: Normal, Concussion(Minor), Enslaved(Vel Nemetorius Sanga)

Stats:
Strength: G+
Vitality: E-
Agility: E-
Intelligence: E
Awareness: D-
Aura: F
Mana: G-

Skills:
[Iron Guts lvl 2], [Basic Intimidation lvl 1], [Basic Pickpocketing lvl 4], [Arithmetics lvl 7], [Geometry lvl 4], [Lamarian language lvl 6], [Haggling lvl 2], [Basic Lockpicking lvl 1], [Basic Stealth lvl 3], [Basic Enhanced Toughness lvl 2(+1)], [Basic Knife Mastery lvl 2], [Basic Evasion lvl 2], [Basic Enhanced Wit lvl 3]

[collapse]

After waiting for two minutes, the auctioneer smiled and said, "As you can all see, the child was a thief and pickpocket. Originally an orphan raised by a C-rank ex adventurer and thief, he lived on the streets alone for another year, all by himself. As an orphan and a thief, he has exceptional survival instincts and is exceptionally intelligent and learned for his age. He also never trained in Aura but has his Aura at F, meaning that he has the same talent level as Latagu in Aura. As long as he is properly trained, he could even be better than Latagu! Also..."

The auctioneer motioned to the slave girl, and she ordered Mog to undress. Just like Latagu, Mog grunted and removed his loincloth, revealing his nethers. His flaccid dick was no smaller than Latagu's, even slightly bigger, and that was also considering he was only a half-orc!

The eyes of all the women lit up as they sized Mog up and down. Even while being an orc, Mog still looked a bit above average by human standards. Also, he had a sizeable member. In the eyes of all the women present, Mog was worth far more than Latagu.

The more Consentia stared at Mog, the more she liked him.

She said in the cutest voice she could muster, "Brother~ Please buy him~"

Aulus directly ignored her. He would buy him even if she didn't ask. He didn't want to go empty-handed, after all. Making his slut of a sister happy was just a bonus.

The auctioneer said, "Honorable guests, the initial price for this last item is 3,000 silvers, and the minimum increment is 100 silvers. Make your bid!"

Before anyone could say a word, Aulus spoke out, "10,000! I don't have the patience, so don't test me!"

Everyone cursed under their breaths. He again made the same move, just more blatantly. Everybody shook their heads and gave up.

The fat auctioneer could only grumble before he said, "VIP Room number 1 called 10,000 silvers! Anyone else? Calling 10,000 once! Calling 10,000 twice! SOLD 10,000 to number 1!"

Aulus had a victorious grin as he left with his lascivious sister. Everyone else also left. Those who obtained a slave went to a designated area to sign the master-slave contract before leaving.

 

 

 

 

10 minutes later...

Amulius came back from the latrine, refreshed, and asked Potitus, "So? What did I miss?"

Potitus shrugged, "Meh. The orc got sold to Dalthu for 19,700 silvers. There was also another half-orc kid with a large dick who probably had similar talent but was sold to the Fidelis siblings for 10,000 silvers."

Amulius shook his head, "It's their fates, I guess. As for that last kid... Aside from your new daughter, he is the luckiest kid in this auction. That little slut, Consentia, won't let him get crippled or die, I guess. Oh well, let's go and pick up your new daughter, Potitus."

Potitus smiled and followed along with Tanulia.

 

Spoiler

Title: So? What did I miss?

[collapse]
Be honest, did you see that coming?
  • Yes, from a mile away Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I was very suspicious, but wasnt sure Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Suspicious to a moderate degree Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Only slightly suspicious Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Nah, you got me there. Votes: 27 29.7%
Total voters: 91
29