Chapter 36.5 – Blind faith.
541 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Consentia's POV

After I gave the fabled potion to Mog to drink, I watched over him as he soon rolled his eyes and lost consciousness. From the ancient texts I read, this is supposed to be the part where his body and soul will reconfigure themselves, becoming a paragon body.

As I looked at little Mog's unconscious face, I couldn't help but fantasize about the future.

"When he grows up, I will have my very own Paragon! He will protect me with his life, fight in my name, bring me glory and bragging rights, help me with my alchemy, and even warm my bed or another's at my beck and call! And most importantly, when he becomes strong enough, I could finally have my revenge on everyone who backstabbed me!"

"Ku... Kukuku... Hahahaha, HAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHA!" - I laughed maniacally and without control.

"Young mistress... You're having a fit, again..." - Erno's wizened voice sounded from beside me, cooling down my reverie.

"Ah, my bad. I was a bit excited about the future, so I let myself slip a bit." - I said as I adjusted my warped smile with my hands manually, returning it to normal.

Ever since that wretched night, I became a bit unstable. Perhaps I had it in me all along, and it just served as a trigger. Fortunately for me, my mother forced me to take acting classes when I was young. Using the skills I gained, I managed to survive in societal occasions. Thank you, mother.

"Young mistress, I know that I have asked this of you too many times to count, but are you sure this will work?" - Erno pointed at my little Mog.

I firmly nodded, "Yes, Erno, I am certain that it will work. Ximjun, with his divine wisdom, was the one that guided my hand. There is no way that it will fail."

I was very confident with my words. Back when I was still fiddling with the recipe of the potion, Ximjun guided my hand, helping me complete it successfully a few days ago. Also, he left me a divine mission, one that I didn't even tell Erno about.

"𝒲𝑒𝓃𝒹 π“‰π‘œ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝒢𝓇𝓀 π’Άπ“Šπ’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π’·π“Šπ“Žπ‘’π“‰π’½ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“π’Άπ“ˆπ“‰π‘’π“‰π’½ π“ˆπ“π’Άπ“‹π‘’. π’œπ’»π“‰'𝓇 π“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ’Ή, π“‰π’½π‘œπ“Š π“ˆπ’½π’Άπ“π“ π“€π“ƒπ‘œπ“Œπ‘’π“‰π’½ π“Œπ’½π’Άπ“‰ π“‰π‘œ π’Ήπ‘œπ“‰π’½."1"Go to the dark auction and buy the last slave. After that, you will know what to do." It's Shakespearean.

Naturally, after I received such an intimate and direct order from my patron god, I could only reluctantly oblige and go with my brother to that filthy place.

At first, I thought that the orc boy, Latagu, was my target. I begged my brother to bid for him, but he was sold at the end to sir Dalthu. Naturally, I was downcast, and I thought that my mission had failed. However, never did I expect that it was a lucky stroke instead. There was one more auction item, Mog. Naturally, IΒ beggedΒ my brother to buy him for me, and so I got him! I completed half of the task!

But I didn't go ahead and make the potion right away. Instead, I wanted to watch him for a while to see if he was talented enough before I started.

After I confirmed he is talented enough, I planned on making an oath with him to get the maximum benefits. Never had I imagined, however, that he would bring me a god's spark! Lord Ximjun has spoken true, and I knew what must be done.

And so, I made the potion with the spark, and I succeeded! I even received my lord's blessing!

Now I'm sitting here, watching as my future champion is forged right before my eyes.

"Ah, damn. My smile warped again just thinking about it." - I thought to myself as I straightened my smile again with my hands, returning it into its usual fake smile.

After that, I silently sat while observing little Mog. After another few minutes of waiting, a change happened. Black veins started to crawl over his skin like tattoos.

"It's starting!" - I said in excitement as my fake smile broke again.

"Mmm..." - Little Mog groaned while unconscious. His handsome face is so cute even when gagged!

"Oh... Interesting..." - Erno muttered beside me while rubbing his beard.

We both watched in anticipation as more and more black veins protruded and crawled all over his skin like snakes.

"Mmmmhmmm! Mmmm!" - Mog started to shake and sweat, seemingly in pain.

"Mistress... Are you sure that he is alright? He looks like he is in great pain..." - Erno said worriedly.

"Nonsense! Ximjun could not possibly be wrong! This must be part of the effect of the potion, I am sure of it!" - I said with the utmost confidence in my god and my alchemy skills.

Just as my words fell, a change happened.

Rattle* Rattle* Rattle*

"MMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Mog screamed into the gag as the flesh and muscle on his body seemed to visibly shrink and shrivel.

"Mistress... Is this also a part of the potions' effects?" - Erno hesitantly asked.

"Of course! It must be part of the effects! Could Ximjun be wrong?" - I asked, narrowing my eyes at Erno as my mouth visibly grimaced. Nobody profanes the name of my god.

"I... No, young mistress, I dare not say such things." - Erno shriveled back under my gaze.

I snorted and turned my gaze back at my lovable little Mog.

I continued to watch him as he continued screaming and struggling against his bindings, his flesh shriveling more and more.

I lovingly caressed his now thin cheek and said, "Hang in there Mog. It will all be over soon, and you will be reborn."

As if to respond to my words, his screaming and struggling weakened. However, his body continued to shrivel up.

"See, Erno? He is about to succeed!" - I pointed and said with a triumphant smile.

"Young mistress... I think he is... dying..." - Erno said with a grimace.

"Hogwash! One more word and I am kicking you out of this room!" - I sent him another glare.

"..." - Erno lowered his head and kept silent.

As I returned my gaze at my little Mog, his black veins suddenly started to recede. Mog's shriveled body started to recover bit by bit, soon returning to normal, albeit, without muscles common to orcs, just like Mazoga. Mog's breathing returned to normal, and his struggling ceased.

"See, Erno? I told you he won't die!" - I said with confidence.

"I... Yes, young mistress. You are right, young mistress. I must have gone senile." - Erno said.

"I'll bring him to my bed to rest. He earned it." - I said with a radiant smile.

And so, I brought my little Mog back to my room to rest.

16