Chapter 50 – Defective Aura technique. Explosive recovery.
484 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now, then, my little successor, I shall teach you my Aura technique. I call it the Primordial Devourer Aura Art."

I cringed at being called his successor, but at the same time, I was excited about learning an aura technique. I didn't get to learn one yet, after all.

Besides, after hearing that impressive name and even saying something like shaking the multiverse(Whatever that is), I had great expectations from it.

Seeing my rapt attention, Grith proudly smiled and introduced, "This aura technique of mine, just like its name suggests, helps the user devour things! Whether it be Materials, Mana, Soul Energy, Divine energy, Chaos energy, and even Origin energy, you can use this aura to dismantle and devour it, turning it into your energy to use!"

"You can use it to dissolve and absorb energy that makes contact with it or enters the body, not only granting you resistance to harmful energies such as magic but also converting it into immediate energy. You can use it to dissolve the protection of your opponents. And, most importantly, you can use it to eat and digest things!" - Grith explained proudly.

"Wow!" - I exclaimed with shining eyes.

It indeed sounded incredible. It allowed one to become resistant to magic! How awesome is that?!

"However, sadly, there are a few downsides to it as well..." - Grith suddenly said.

"Downsides?" - I frowned and asked.

"Yes, downsides. Due to its nature, you cant coat your weapons and armor in it, or they will dissolve. You cant use it to strengthen your body, either, leaving you vulnerable to physical damage and not being able to amplify your attack's power." - Grith explained.

"That... Sounds like a big downside..." - I frowned.

Even poor children like me know that all types of aura can strengthen the body and equipment. An Aura that is incapable of this is defective.

"Well, when I created this technique, my body was already nigh-indestructible physically and was incredibly powerful, so I didn't care about the physical side. As for equipment, I was too strong and big for any. I mainly created it to help me resist energy attacks and digest food faster." - Grith smiled embarrassedly.

"Doesn't that mean that I shouldn't learn it? Unlike you, I am physically weak. Also, if I learn your technique, I would have trouble learning other aura techniques." - I said in dissatisfaction.

"Well, true. For now, learning this Aura technique would be impractical for you." - Grith surprisingly agreed with my words.

"Then why tell me about it?" - I asked impatiently.

"That is because, first, when I reach lvl 10, you can switch between Aura techniques through transformation. Second, you don't need to practice it for now."

"I... don't need to practice it? I don't get it." - Now I was confused.

"Yes, you don't. You only need to learn the principle behind it. That way, you can use other types of Aura to bite through hard material and digest things you can't right now, although much less efficiently and effectively." - Grith explained with a smile.

"Erm... Okay! Then, do you have another aura technique I can use for now?" - I asked hopefully.

"Yeah... No. I kind of, well, forgot them all." - Grith averted his eyes from me and stared at the ceiling.

"... Hah? You forgot them all?" - I blankly stared at him, not expecting this answer.

"... Yes..." - Grith started to uneasily shift his body back and forth while still looking at the ceiling.

"... How did you forget?" - I asked with squinted eyes.

"Well... I am only a remnant will, only possessing a small part of my memories. Before I died, I crammed inside a small fragment of mine most of my important heritage and memories, but because I was in a panic, I kind of forgot to include another type of Aura... Hahaha..." - Grith laughed awkwardly.

"..."

"I guess even unfathomably powerful beings make mistakes." - I thought to myself.

I wasn't childish enough to blame Grith for it, though. I was glad that he was even giving me something other than trying to turn me into another him.

"Forget it. I will learn an Aura technique given to me by the mistress." - I sighed and said.

As I am her servant and intended mage-guard, she will give me a good Aura technique either way.

"Excellent! Now, then. I will transfer to you the knowledge of the technique." - Grith said and pointed at me.

The next moment, before I could react, a beam of purple light shot from his fingertip, right into my forehead, making me paralyzed. At the same time, I felt knowledge getting crammed inside my head.

"Uploading complete." - Grith said as he stopped the beam.

"W-What did you do? What is this?" - I said in confusion while unsteadily holding my head, feeling a slight headache. I felt something extra inside my head.

"Oh, I just transferred some knowledge in the form of compressed data that you can access at will. It is a popular method used by most divine beings to give mortals large amounts of knowledge."

"Compressed what? Forget it. I feel like I am about to puke..." - I said while feeling a rising sense of nausea.

"Ah... That does happen the first few times you experience it. I will let you get some rest now." - Grith Consoled.

The next moment, without warning, I blacked out.

 

 

 

 

After an indeterminant amount of time, I woke up on the mistress's bed.

"Ugh... How long was I out?" - I asked while rubbing my throbbing head.

"Just about an hour." - The mistress, who was meditating on a chair, replied.

"Take a few minutes to stretch and adjust yourself, and then drink the second potion." - She added.

"Yes, mistress." - I said as I stood up.

As I started walking and stretching, I noticed that my body felt stronger and healthier.

"I guess it worked." - I thought to myself as I checked my talent.

[Regular Talent Seed: Advanced Warrior Talent (17/29)]

A wide smile crept on my face.

"Just a single potion restored so much! I wonder how much will be restored after drinking another two?" - I gleefully thought to myself as I eyed the other two potions greedily.

After a few minutes, my headache somewhat subsided, so I went ahead and drank another one of the potions and fell into another coma.

However, this time, I didn't see Grith. It was just blackness.

After I woke up, I checked my talent again to look for changes.

[Regular Talent Seed: Advanced Warrior Talent (22/29)]

The increase this time was much lower, but an increase is an increase. After adjusting myself for a few more minutes, I drank the last potion and fell unconscious again.

After waking up for the third time, I checked my status.

Spoiler

Name: Mog
Race: Mortal Human/ Mortal Orc
Bloodline: Transcendent Berserker(50%) (Sealed), Transcendent Rogue(50%) (Sealed).
Main Class: None (Locked)
Secondary Class: None (Locked)
Level: 2 (80%)
Age: 10
State: Normal, Enslaved(Consentia Fidelis)

Stats:
Strength: 3.5(+0.8) (Muscle: 3.5(+0.8), Toughness: 3.5(+0.8))
Vitality: 5.6(+2) (Health: 6.4(+2.4), Endurance: 4.8(+1.6))
Agility: 4.4(+0.5) (Hand-eye Coordination: 4.3(+0.5), Flexibility: 4.3(+0.5), Reflex: 4.6(+0.5), Balance: 4.4(+0.5))
Intelligence: 26.2(+0.7) (Learning: 33.7, Memory: 22.1(+2.1), Reasoning: 23)
Awareness: 105.9(+7.4) (Willpower: 350(+29.6), Judgement: 14.2, Perception: 17.2, Intuition: 42.2)
Aura: 3.4(+2.9) (Aura Storage: 0.1, Aura Attunement: 6.7(+5.8))
Mana: 0.1 (Mana core: 0.1, Mana Conductivity: 0.1)

Skills:
[Iron Guts lvl 3], [Basic Intimidation lvl 1], [Basic Pickpocketing lvl 4], [Arithmetics lvl 7], [Geometry lvl 5], [Lamarian language lvl 6], [Haggling lvl 2], [Basic Lockpicking lvl 1], [Basic Stealth lvl 3], [Basic Enhanced Toughness lvl 2], [Basic Knife Mastery lvl 2], [Basic Evasion lvl 4], [Intermediate Enhanced Wit lvl 1(Grade Up!)][Basic Slingling lvl 1][Basic Enhanced Endurance lvl 3][Basic Enhanced Natural Regeneration lvl 1][Basic Enhanced Pheromones lvl 1][Basic Enhanced Soul Toughness lvl 6(+2)]

Talents:
[Watched by Veona(Obscured)]
[Regular Talent Seed: Advanced Warrior Talent (24/29)(+20)]
[Regular Talent Seed: Intermediate Rogue Talent (3/17)]
[Regular Talent: Basic Winged Flying (1/1)]
[Regular Talent: Basic Tough Exoskeleton (1/1)]
[Regular Talent: Basic Cellular Regeneration (1/1)]
[Regular Talent: Basic Enhanced Pheromones (1/1)]
[Unique Talent Seed: Effort lvl (1/99)]
[Unique Talent Seed: Lord Of Adaptation lvl (1/99)]

[collapse]

"Wow! My stats got restored by a lot! Especially My Aura and Vitality. My Memory likely increased because of that data thing in my head. But, why did my Willpower increase so much? Why did Enhanced Wit and Enhanced Soul Toughness increase, too? Did Grith try and do something to me? Or was it just because I was interacting with him for a long time?"

I tried to think of a reason, but couldn't reach a conclusive one, so I ignored it for the time being.

"Mistress, I am done with the potions." - I looked at the mistress, who was still meditating and said.

The mistress opened her eyes, a ray of light shining in them before dimming.

She then looked at me and smiled, "Good. How do you feel, my little Mog?"

"I feel great! Although I am still not close to my previous physical condition, I did improve a lot." - I smiled and said.

"Good. Although I don't know if your talent is entirely fixed, you can now train your body back to its peak condition. Now, it is almost time for lunch, so let us go my little Mog."  - The mistress smiled and started walking the room's exit.

"Yes, mistress." - I nodded and followed her.

 

 

 

And so, another five days passed...

Short chapter this time.

16