I decided on rewriting the novel + Small poll for future direction.
621 16 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the title reads, I am considering rewriting the novel for the following reasons:

  1. I made a mistake in making the MC a "Cheat" character off the bat. I gave him two over-god level unique skills, and no matter how I see it, this needs to be removed. No more cheats from the mc, they make writing so difficult!
  2. The concept of gaining talents through eating was inspired by RE: Monster. The concept is good, but in practice, it is game-breakingly bad, so I decided to nerf the shit out of this while leaving a mental corruption element.
  3. I made this into too much of a Litrpg, and I don't have the patience or the imagination to be creative enough and make a hundred skills, talents, whatever, and even add the concept of levels. The status table is also terrible to maintain, seriously. Have you ever tried to do it? It's horrible! I need to keep tabs on every single detail. I am not against him having the ability to look at his status, but the details need to be lowered down to a minimum so that he isn't looking at it all the time.
  4. The MC is having too good of a time, and he was born too talented for my liking. This is turning a bit too vanilla than I imagined. I wanted something grimdark(Though still not at WH40K level.). I want to see blood, tribal violence, and an unrestrained society built around strength.
  5. At this rate, the MC is going to end up as an omnipotent man-god, I don't want this! Who among you can relate to a fucking man-god? I just wanted to write about a slave character that struggles through life.
  6. Oaths are too dominant. For fuck sake, this is too convenient, and you can all see that. This makes plotting and such redundant and useless, as you can simply force people to swear an oath.
  7. I made the eldritch look like evil gods instead of the dark gods of madness they are, replacing the role of evil gods.
  8. The gods are too involved with our protagonist. I want things to be more realistic, so Mog needs to stay away from the eyes of the all-seeing gods who sit on a golden shitter in some higher world.

What I want to Keep:

  1. Racial inequality. Half-breeds will always, always be treated badly in whatever society they're in. Mog is a half-orc, so yes.
  2. The gods and most of the characters that I have created, including Mog, although I plan on changing his circumstances greatly.
  3. The Roman/ Tribal setting.
  4. The empires, kingdoms, leagues, and religions in general, including the era, although I will start making things more realistic, bloody, and darker. 
  5. The world, dungeons, monsters, monster girls(Yes, I still plan on keeping it as smut although it won't be the main focus.)
  6. Mog's relatively good looks and big dick. (For the perverts among us, mostly.)

What I want to Change:

  1. Talents are now hidden things like they should be, unquantifiable. You need to manually check your talents, such as testing stones for Aura and Mana Affinity, Testing alchemy skills manually through learning and tests, whatever else.
  2. The storyline(Obviously)
  3. The status panel. I plan on removing the talents and skills and reducing the stats to a minimum. Also changing the numbers back to Ranks, and I will leave it with Physique, Agility, Awareness, Intelligence, Aura, Mana, Willpower. (Feel free to suggest anything regarding stats.). This will make my writing easier, and hopefully, faster.
  4. Nerfing the shit out of Mog. His nonsense talents will be removed, leaving him with what you can call a Basic Warrior Talent. That's right, he is now cannon fodder. Now, where is his "Cheat" you might ask? I am considering whether or not to give him an eldritch artifact that will grant him the ability to absorb beneficial things from what he eats, improving his innate potential in a not-so Litrpg way, and in a much more sensible way. (Like slowly gaining affinity to an element by eating potent fire element treasures.). As for the price? Part of his inhibitions as a person, intense hunger, bloodlust, intense lust, a slowly ebbing sanity, etc.
  5. The demigods(Actually transcendental beings.) were too involved in the politics of the secular world. I am nerfing it down a notch, making demigods more scarce and hidden. No more seeing a demigod oracle suddenly popping up out of bumblefuck nowhere and telling you that you have great destiny and bullshit.
  6. Changing the nature of Oaths. Oaths will not directly smite someone for breaking the oath, but your forehead shall be branded with an unremovable "Oathbreaker" mark. This will make people distrustful of you, but they won't hunt you down for it for some divine merit. Such a mark can be removed through helping the gods, redemption, or a pilgrimage.
  7. The involvement of the gods in the world. Let gods do their shit, and let the mortals do theirs. At most, send someone on an epic quest or some shit.
  8. The grades of warrior and mage talent. Now, I am changing things from basic/intermediate/advanced/perfect, etc, to Ranks. Someone with D rank warrior talent will reach the D-Rank warrior rank without a bottleneck and only need to train, but after that, he will have a hard time improving. To overcome that, they can search for various ways to increase their talent, such as potions, natural treasures, life and death battles, godly blessings, a pact with some evil god, enlightenment, being exposed to intense radiation, and whatever else that gives you a boner.

What I want to Remove:

  1. Mog's unique talents and Grith.
  2. Mog's convenience in life. I am switching to hard mode since I can relate to this without boring myself to death. Perhaps a tribe that sells him to some cruel young master(Like Aulus) that sends him to the arena constantly. This will change the plot from convenience to survival and rewards, and possibly revenge.
  3. I made it before that warriors don't feel bad about killing, right? Removing that. Now, warriors can feel the same disgust over killing as a normal person does.
  4. Levels and classes. I don't want any more levels and classes. I had enough of it. People can train Aura and mana like in xianxia novels instead, less restriction, more freedom. You choose what you want to be (If you have the time and leisure for it).
  5. Perhaps other things I haven't thought about yet.

Prototype New status Panel:

Spoiler

Name: Mog
Race: Orc/Human
Age: 10 years old
State: Weak(Starvation)

Stats:(Normal Adult Person stats are F, and the stats are not absolute.)
General strength: F- (Also indicates the soul power, which is the size and raw strength of the soul. It can create an invisible pressure on weaker beings. If the strength gap is too large, you need to have high enough willpower(Not soul power), or you are paralyzed or unable to move properly, possibly fainting.)

Physique: G+(Affects the absolute strength and toughness of the body, general health, and stamina.)
Agility: F (Affects explosive strength, thus affecting speed, dynamic vision, dynamic movements, eye to hand coordination, etc.)
Intelligence: F+(Affects Learning speed, quick calculation speed, memory, and reasoning.)
Awareness: F+(Affects quick judgment making, perception(Including the perception of the laws), and intuition.)
Aura: G-(The Rank of your Aura. It no longer reflects your talent for Aura, just the rank of it.)
Mana: G-(Same as Aura, just with mana.)
Willpower(Hidden stat): F(All people have willpower, which reflects the strength of the ego of their souls. It is what keeps your sanity in check, and allows one to resist the effects of mental corruption, possessions, and such. It isn't the size of your soul power, however, just your Ego itself, your existence. The soul is just a vassal that your Ego occupies. The size of your soul is reflected upon your general strength. For example, a B-rank warrior will have a B-rank soul, but his willpower can be as weak as F-rank or as strong as SSS-rank. In other words, his raw soul can be strong, making direct soul attacks ineffective, but if his willpower is weak, then his vassal is vulnerable to corruption and possession, like a giant iron-clad ship with few crew members, making bombardments ineffective, but boarding the ship and killing the crew makes it as good as yours.)

[collapse]

 

Raw boning Mog completely, or letting him have a small "Cheat"/Curse.
  • Cheat/Curse. As long as it is nerfed, needs better resources to improve, and makes things go darker. Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Rawbone it. Exchanges self struggle with more outside struggle for survival. Votes: 24 54.5%
Total voters: 44
9