30 Not Normal
366 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the outer ring of the Mistore Forest resembled a typical mixed forest on Earth, the vegetation of the inner circle was fundamentally different.  

The trees will decrease in numbers but become sturdier and larger in exchange. Each of them would need two or three adults’ pairs of arms to circle around their trunk that was almost as tough as stone. Their crown could reach high into the sky and constructed a tight cover that would sparsely let light through. Consequently, new trees rarely had the chance to grow, and venturing there when the forest was fogging up was akin to walking in the night. Only the occasional appearing minerals between the roots would illuminate the path. 

Despite the inconveniences, many individuals and organizations valued Mistore Forest highly. It was a secure source for ore and minerals needed for concocting pills and smithing weapons. Therefore, the appearance of hostile creatures like the infected Rhikeros was a major problem as the additional need for manpower for protection would slow down the whole production. 

“So, after we departed to Earth, the demons had started to ambush human settlements all over the country. And now that they were pushed back and docile again, several incidences of beast attacks were reported in Mistore Forest?” Jiushi repeated and confirmed the information Tommy just shared with him. 

“Exactly,” Tommy was talking to Jiushi but he also paid attention to Harem God, who was lacking energy. If he were to sugarcoat it, the two were still exhausted because of their wounds; to say the bitter truth, their Cold War was unbearable awkward. 

He had no idea what they were talking about the day before, but they were especially socially inept today. To the point that even looking at each other was impossible. Tommy didn’t want to waste any more time, they had already used a day just to heal their injuries.  

He pulled Jiushi closer to him and discreetly interrogated, “Momo, what did you two talk about? It’s so awkward as if hell froze up.” 

Jiushi gazed at Harem God for a moment, “It’s because I dumped him.” 

The answer fell and Tommy was shocked, “Hadn’t you told me that there was nothing between you?” 

“Mn, I had to profess my undying love for Ace to make him give up on me.” 

Tommy, “…” 

He was duped! 

“Ok, no further prying into your love life. I still have to solve the mystery of those beast attacks. Our alchemists already run away by the mention of Mistore Forest.” 

Jiushi chuckled, “I’ll set some traps in the forest and investigate the parasite plant... It’s better to give Harem God some space, so you go and teach him some magic.” 

Tommy was reluctant about letting Jiushi go alone, but he knew that Jiushi was a stubborn one and would do as he pleased anyway. Therefore, Tommy had to compromise, but only after giving him half of his assets for safety. 

Just like this Harem God’s first official magic lesson started. Thanks to Ace and Jiushi teaching him a few things in advance, and Harem God’s own determination, the lesson went much smoother than expected. 

Magic was roughly parted into two categories—spiritual and elemental. The former referred to spirit arts and the direct manipulation of spiritual energy. Spiritual magic was innate and couldn’t be learned. Basically, any application of magic on living beings belongs to spiritual magic, regardless of light or dark attribute. Spiritual magic users were rarer and harder to train, but in return, they weren’t stipulated by exterior conditions as the source for activation was their own spiritual core. Jiushi was a prime example. He fueled and controlled his psychokinesis ability from his own spiritual energy. Once he exhausted his spiritual core, he wouldn’t be able to use his ability until he recovered from his mental fatigue.  

Elemental magic covered the manipulation of external elemental energy through mana. The power of nature has to be borrowed and a user was either born with the affinity to an element or has to acquire a blessing to use several elements. Tommy was a classic elemental mage. His barriers and arrays borrowed the power of fire, water, and mana itself. He can draw mana from the surroundings and even supplement his lack of mana from the environment. Reversed, he was dependent of the nature’s blessing and had to offer prayers on a regular basis to the “sponsors”. 

The requirements to use magic is to possess a spiritual core that is able to contain mana, and a mana system that is similar to the human circulatory system. The denser the ramification is the higher is the probability to use high-level spells.  

Harem God already met the conditions to use magic, so they didn’t need to perform an awakening.  

The next step was to determine his innate aptitude for elemental or spiritual magic. That was something determined by one’s spiritual essence, which was firmly tied to one’s disposition.  

Tommy was curious, very curious. Harem God already used a wind spell so he had to at least possess an aptitude for elemental magic, but this had nothing to do with his katana and the golden sigils in his eyes. If his guess was right, then he might be one of the few outliners that could use both. No, he was pretty sure that this was the case, he just needed confirmation. 

The young lad placed his palm on Harem God’s back and injected a small amount of his spiritual essence into him. By injecting exogenous energy, the innate energies will be stimulated and react either with rejection or acceptance. It was the simplest and oldest magic aptitude test in use. All the method needed was an experienced mage like Tommy to perform the test and identify the attributes.  

Jiushi should have been to perform the test too, but the results were distorted due to their high compatibility. They also didn’t bring any measuring tools with them back then, so that it got delayed until now.  

The energy Tommy had sent in entered Harem God’s mana system and circled through his spiritual core. It was just a matter of time until it would be ejected for appraisal. 

… 

… 

Nothing happened.  

Harem God simply gobbled up the spiritual energy Tommy had sent in. Even after several tries: nothing. 

That was not normal! 

So much infodump this time

Because dummy XM gave me the idea-- BL NOVEL PLUGS RECOMMENDATIONS

How to Raise a White-eyed Wolf 如何养白眼狼 by xiaomangisbusy

Second Chance by Heart

12