643. Another Point of View
1.1k 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was what it meant to see the true path, the true Dao. Once the words left Zhou Ziyun’s mouth, they were hard to refute. But if another person was asked to come up with those conclusions on their own, they would not be able to.

When cultivating, there were hundreds of variables and tens of thousands of variations. Some might get lucky through trial and error. Others might be misled down a false path. A high comprehension would be able to narrow down the choices. An ability to comprehend the true path would allow one to point out the direction that was most likely to succeed.

In the vast world of cultivation, such an ability had never been known to be passed down from generation to generation. At least, that was as far as Chen Wentian knew. He reasoned that if such a thing could be passed down, the clan or sect that owned it would already be a supreme powerhouse at the upper immortal realms.

He had also tracked down Zhou Ziyun’s ancestry through ten generations. All of them were locals of the Dragon Flower Province. Nobody had any inkling of having a hidden relationship with immortals. Thus, it was most likely that this was a lucky gift, bestowed by the heavens. It remained to be seen if it might be something that could be passed down to offspring. But after seeing her in action, he became more and more confident that she would be able to reach the Spirit Lord Realm.

---

Zhou Ziyun took a moment to bask in the cheers and applause. She could feel her master silently supporting her. She still had a little bit of energy left and she still had one more fish to fry. There was still one genius left that needed to be taught a lesson, one who came from the king realm sect that had chosen to antagonize them from the very beginning.

She gave Ming Yuqi a sideways glance. She had nothing against a more beautiful woman. The problem was that this person came from the Eastern Light Clan. How could she leave someone like that out?

“Sword Heroine Mu, I know you have already received some good advice but I was wondering if you want to hear another point of view.” Zhou Ziyun asked.

Her voice was clear and firm. Several heads swiveled in her direction including Ming Yuqi. The guest surnamed Mu also stared at Zhou Ziyun intently. There was a glimmer of interest and no immediate refusal.

Zhou Ziyun continued, “Miss Ming Yuqi correctly analyzed your emotional trauma and I have nothing to add to that. We should all commend her for such an amazing emotional sense. Even I cannot reproduce it… However, the method she suggested for helping you heal may not be the best.”

She paused for dramatic effect and studied the doubt on the older woman’s face, “Sword Herione Mu, think about it. Most common medicines that induce conception in older women will negatively impact their cultivation as well as health. You are effectively drawing upon your vitality to give to the child. Better quality medicine won’t do this but they require ingredients rich in spiritual energy and healing effects. Such medicines are extremely expensive and precious even for immortal sects.

“If you accept the Eastern Light Clan’s help, you will be heavily indebted to them. You are a loose cultivator but if you have a child with a man from their clan, you will no longer have the freedom to come and go. And who is to say if they will actually give you precious medicine or ordinary medicine that will have negative effects on you?”

“Nonsense!” Ming Yuqi interjected sharply. Her pretty face morphed into one of anger. “The Eastern Light Clan will naturally provide an honored guest with the best medicine we can acquire. How dare you slander my clan with baseless words?”

Zhou Ziyun snorted. Her prey had finally taken the bait so she attacked, “Then tell me, will Sword Heroine Mu have to join your clan or is she free to leave if she chooses?”

Ming Yuqi crossed her arms, “Is my clan a prison? Don’t be ridiculous. Sword Heroine Mu can come and go as she pleases. Though she will always be a welcome guest of mine!”

“Then, what about the child? Will you allow the child to leave?” Zhou Ziyun asked.

“This… yes, of course!”

There was only a slight hesitation. But that was all that was needed. Cultivators at the Spirit Initiate Realm were not cabbages. Someone like Sword Heroine Mu had seen countless things in her life and she could tell that it was a lie. She had been too excited to hear hope from Ming Yuqi that she had failed to see this trap. For a person without a background, even entering a Spirit Lord sect was a challenging affair, let alone a Spirit King one.

She turned to Zhou Ziyun with a frown and said, “Lady Zhou, you said you had a different point of view. I am willing to listen.”

Zhou Ziyun covered her mouth and laughed, “Okay. What I am about to say may be a little shocking for pure ears but for an experienced woman such as yourself, I think you should be able to understand.”

The older woman nodded.

Zhou Ziyun smiled and continued, “All you need is a child to get rid of your heart demons and move on with your life. In my opinion, your next man does not need to come from an immortal clan or even some famous mortal cultivation sect. That would only tie you down and add another burden. I suggest that you go south and head towards the Aiqin Mystic Archipelago. Have you heard of that place?

“It is a land ruled by women. Women can marry multiple husbands and they are the rulers of their houses. Within this matriarchal society, a common custom is to use medicine to boost the yang energy in men so that they can help women conceive. In effect, they are doing the opposite of what is commonly done in this subcontinent. Instead of you receiving the medicine to improve conception and suffering the side effects, the burden is placed on the man instead.

“For someone who values their independence such as yourself, I feel that the southern regions will be a suitable new home. What do you think? The money you have earned until now should be enough to settle there and live the comfortable life of a wealthy matron. I'm sure plenty of men with strong yang will be willing to marry into your residence. Then, it will only be a matter of time before there's a baby. How does that sound?”

The other woman fell to the ground. She bowed and said emotionally, “Thank you… thank you. That sounds wonderful. Thank you, Lady Zhou for your truth and wisdom!”

Once those words came out, the arena exploded once again with noise. Four for four, Zhou Ziyun had completely the set and had swept the competition. This young woman from Ten Thousand Flower Valley was simply too formidable. Even cultivators at lesser realms doubted their ability to debate the Dao with her!

“You… you…” Ming Yuqi was utterly furious, “What are you trying to do?”

Zhou Ziyun didn’t even turn around. She instead focused inwardly on her mind and her surging spiritual sea. “Nothing, I was just trying to break through…”

Boom!

10th Level of the Spirit Initiate Realm!

---

Thank you to all my patrons!

Support me and read ahead by up to 140 chapters!

p atreon.com/kigreenwriting

Join my discord for updates, delays, and my ramblings :)

d iscord.gg/dY5UApw

29